SP - General Stop Suggesting New Features.

Users who are viewing this thread

So i'm not the one saying whats best. The devs said and are currently focusing on fixing bugs and crashes and balance changes for the next week or so. I'm not making it up. And i have not helped them fix bugs but i made a thread suggesting balance changes for Sturgian spearmen. And it got on the " SP Top Feedback & Suggestions" thread. And sure enough they got buffed shortly after. So yes i am helping the game get better. Also i know that they are watching the forums because of that thread i talked about and how i got on there.

That is all well and good, and I'm glad they are checking the forums. I think it's great TW recognized your post as important to development. But some of those things will have to be changed I the future to accommodate core game mechanics.

I responded to everyone but i stopped responding to a few after there was no point. I respond to see if they are worth my time. And you miss my point on suggestions. I am specifically saying to stop suggesting NEW FEATURES while suggestion balance changes and such should be done more. I am not suggesting any new features.

I get your point. Honestly, I really do. But when it comes down to it, the devs are going to focus on what they want to put in the game next. Whether that's bug fixes, balancing, optimization, or core game mechanics, they're going to do what they're going to do. If new suggestions are keeping them from fixing the game, then they have some serious priority issues and there is little hope for the game becoming whole. To be successful, they need to vary what they fix issue by issue. This week could be bugs, next week could be balancing, the week after that could be a combo of several issues. All I'm saying is it sounds like you're implying that they can't get any work done because people are providing suggestions of what they think would be good to add to the game. Whether or not that aligns with what TW has in mind atm, that is for the devs to decide.

It's called "Feedback & Suggestions" not feedback and feedback. Neither does it say feedback to the devs or anything specific like that. I am giving feedback and a suggestion to the community. No, i won't tell you to piss off because unlike a couple others you are being respectful and civil. Thats why i stopped responding to them. This is a constrictive thread because it's got a bunch of people talking about an issue of the game right now. Namely the entire game. This thread exploded and brought some attention to priorities and the future of the game. And the devs will see it cuz it's at the top of the sub-forum.
I know it's not up to me on how they function but i'm trying to change what kind of suggestions they get and have a much needed big discussion.

I understand what "Feedback & Suggestions" means. And yes, I also understand that title is not directed in a specific direction, although it is implied. TW being the creators of the forum and the Suggestion Guidelines sticky post. I appreciate you for not telling me to piss off as I try to be respectful and civil in general. I did see that you have stopped responding as frequently, and I can respect that especially when it comes to the more hostile members. I generally do the same. The reason I said "...this isn't actually a constructive post.", is because of the massive pissing match it was turning into. "Yes", "no", "yes", "no" becomes wholly unconstructive when people stop looking at other's opinion as valid. You could be right and TW could be letting themselves become swamped by player suggestions. But as I said above, the game has little hope of ever being a finished product if that is the case.

Nonetheless still impressive. Makes me feel like I've been slacking on Bannerlord haha.

Hmmm... I haven't had the same experience when it comes to diplomacy. It appeared woefully undeveloped in my previous play-throughs almost to the point of being non-functional.

yeah there was many perks that didnt work and still dont. But as they said its one thing they prio atm so hopefully they all will be ready soon along with faction perks which i still dont really know if they are working or not xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now watch me putt some Battanians back in the hole they came from

Last edited:
I'm not talking to the devs on this one, i'm talking to the other people like me that are suggesting stuff to the devs to help the game grow. But right now we don't need new features. We just need bug fixed a balance changes, the devs are not going to had an big features any time soon so stop suggesting them. Suggesting balance ideas and reporting issues or bugs is what we need right now.
Nah, I'd say why not suggesting, devs will ofc focus on optimization/bug fixing as main priority, once done they will move on to suggestions and some of them are really good ones.
Also the good hints for devs are most used mods improving/adding stuff like patrols, banner editing, more information about workshops, balance etc.

What i'm saying is to just hold off on the new feature suggestions FOR NOW. Because balance changes and bugs and optimization are more important. And it's better if everyone just focuses on those right now. Because if half of the community suggests stuff that won't even get put in the game anytime soon, then thats wasted man power which could be used on more urgent things.
I see what you are getting at, but I am not very convinced that there is a need for manpower (or a limit to, more specifically) for these changes/bugs/optimizations. I dont think posting a suggestion for new features precludes posting one for balance and optimization!

In my most recent feature thread, you can see that I do both actually. And sometimes, you need new features for balance/bug fixes!!!

Cheers

Wow dude, is that really necessary?
I've been since the beggining of the first mount and blade, I've been in the presence of the creation of the first alpha and the first thing I said to Armagan after he showed me the gameplay was:
P E N I S I N F E C T I O N
And he looked at me confused saying no no no. That first time he proved me wrong as the game worked perfectly without the necessary penis infection feature, but I told him: Okey Armagan, you're doing well but you know that to make your game a masterpiece you will have to put some clams in those medieval penises. He refused obviously, and instead he added sarranids and multiplayer. The game did great again, gained millions of fans and 8/10 in all those reviews, but I repeated him: Armagan, this is beautiful, but man, those penises are too clean to reach the 10/10. Years passed Bannerlord was announced and with all the new engine my dream was supposedly about to come true... years passed and I chugged every piece of information, hoping as the page loaded that this blog was finally about the so wanted feature but no... better castle management, clans, more diplomacy, where is it? WHERE IS IT? I cried to myself but I still had hope, maybe they were saving it for the end, as you know, as the Chinese proverb says the best comes last, but here we are, 150k people playing the first weeks and now we are at 40k, and why? AND WHY?
NO
PENIS
INFECTION
I warned them, I warned them what was going to happen, sure now people are still hoping that its finally added after the final release and the reviews are positive, but I know the sour truth, its not coming. Taleworlds will have it upon themselves, I can see already all the negative reviews in Steam

Mike6049:
"NO PENIS INFECTION 0/10"

Josh I live with my mom Carlton:
"A disappointment, why the **** does my penis still work"

LoliconLover69:
"I expected more, I'm being imprisoned next month for being an horrible human being but even I deserve medieval clamidia, this is a joke"

You have it upon yourselves, I told you since day one Armagan, I had told you...

I've been since the beggining of the first mount and blade, I've been in the presence of the creation of the first alpha and the first thing I said to Armagan after he showed me the gameplay was:
And he looked at me confused saying no no no. That first time he proved me wrong as the game worked perfectly without the necessary penis infection feature, but I told him: Okey Armagan, you're doing well but you know that to make your game a masterpiece you will have to put some clams in those medieval penises. He refused obviously, and instead he added sarranids and multiplayer. The game did great again, gained millions of fans and 8/10 in all those reviews, but I repeated him: Armagan, this is beautiful, but man, those penises are too clean to reach the 10/10. Years passed Bannerlord was announced and with all the new engine my dream was supposedly about to come true... years passed and I chugged every piece of information, hoping as the page loaded that this blog was finally about the so wanted feature but no... better castle management, clans, more diplomacy, where is it? WHERE IS IT? I cried to myself but I still had hope, maybe they were saving it for the end, as you know, as the Chinese proverb says the best comes last, but here we are, 150k people playing the first weeks and now we are at 40k, and why? AND WHY?
NO
PENIS
INFECTION
I warned them, I warned them what was going to happen, sure now people are still hoping that its finally added after the final release and the reviews are positive, but I know the sour truth, its not coming. Taleworlds will have it upon themselves, I can see already all the negative reviews in Steam

Mike6049:
"NO PENIS INFECTION 0/10"

Josh I live with my mom Carlton:
"A disappointment, why the **** does my penis still work"

LoliconLover69:
"I expected more, I'm being imprisoned next month for being an horrible human being but even I deserve medieval clamidia, this is a joke"

You have it upon yourselves, I told you since day one Armagan, I had told you...

Ok.… Sorry I asked.... Not that I was asking about your penis infection. More the dickhead comment. But I'm good now.

Ok.… Sorry I asked.... Not that I was asking about your penis infection. More the dickhead comment. But I'm good now.

Yeah but some dickheads needs to boast about their infections now and then. Its because of foreskin claustrophobia complex that grows when they hit 45 accordingly to new studies of special psychological gynecological committee in Lichtenstein

I think you completely missed my point. Vanilla Warband was a bare bones game that didn't offer much besides go here fight this, go there fight that. The fact that this game actually feels like it offers less in the way of features is a little stunning (even though it's in EA - meaning it's in an unfinished state).

I think that the main reason for that feeling is that there is something in Bannerlord that is fundamentally flawed: combat. As you rightly say Warband is, at the end of the day, an extension of the arena free for all fighting. You just do that outside, in open field battles or sieges, wearing armor and using different weapons, but it's the exact same game mechanic. And it works because the combat itself is really fun, I honestly can spend hours just fighting in the arena or at the training camp (in fact I spent an hour this evening raising Nord Warriors in native :lol: ). And that was in my opinion the genius of the first Mount and Blade, it built incrementally upon a combat mechanic that was incredibly satisfying.

Bannerlord... Not as much fun, I would argue. Blocking is wonky, hit boxes are unreliable, some animations are awkward. Combat is OK at the end of the day, but it's really not as good as it was in Warband. I honestly can't quite put my finger into what the problem is, but combat in Bannerlord when compared to Warband just feels clunky. I think many of the people who spent countless hours playing Warband and also tried Bannerlord will be able to relate to that.

At first I thought I just needed to get used to it, but after putting 150 something hours in Bannerlord I think I can say with confidence that it's not just that. Sure, now I can reliably (kind of) hit units running away from horseback, instead of flailing at them like a T Rex, and I can duel just fine in tournaments, but it's not as fun as doing the same exact actions in Warband. And if combat itself is not as fun as in the first game... Well maybe there's a need to step back and reevaluate the fundamentals.

No. You barely have any meaningful choices in any games marketed as RPGs, because meaningful choices are extremely hard to do in computer games. Bannerlord is tagged as an RPG, Baldurs Gate is tagged as an RPG, Skyrim is tagged as an RPG, because you have a ton of world building, you usually play as a single character and immerse yourself in the world in some fashion.

You are right to a point, but honestly modern games suffer a lot from copy paste. Skyrim has generic quests sprinkled around that feel soulless, at least Baldur's Gate had side quests that were written by someone and actually felt "real". And we could talk for hours about how Morrowind compares to Skyrim in terms of immersion, even with the clunky gameplay mechanics, and dated graphics and technology.

Last edited:
I think that the main reason for that feeling is that there is something in Bannerlord that is fundamentally flawed: combat. As you rightly say Warband is, at the end of the day, an extension of the arena free for all fighting. You just do that outside, in open field battles or sieges, wearing armor and using different weapons, but it's the exact same game mechanic. And it works because the combat itself is really fun, I honestly can spend hours just fighting in the arena or at the training camp (in fact I spent an hour this evening raising Nord Warriors in native :lol: ). And that was in my opinion the genius of the first Mount and Blade, it built incrementally upon a combat mechanic that was incredibly satisfying.

Bannerlord... Not as much fun, I would argue. Blocking is wonky, hit boxes are unreliable, some animations are awkward. Combat is OK at the end of the day, but it's really not as good as it was in Warband. I honestly can't quite put my finger into what the problem is, but combat in Bannerlord when compared to Warband just feels clunky. I think many of the people who spent countless hours playing Warband and also tried Bannerlord will be able to relate to that.

At first I thought I just needed to get used to it, but after putting 150 something hours in Bannerlord I think I can say with confidence that it's not just that. Sure, now I can reliably (kind of) hit units running away from horseback, instead of flailing at them like a T Rex, and I can duel just fine in tournaments, but it's not as fun as doing the same exact actions in Warband. And if combat itself is not as fun as in the first game... Well maybe there's a need to step back and reevaluate the fundamentals.

I definitely agree. Just a few hours ago I was fighting Monchug's army, but nearly every swing with my two-handed axe was missing while aiming directly at my targets from horseback. It almost feels like I'm trying to swing a 3-foot weapon to hit something 4 feet away. Incredibly frustrating. In Warband, if you missed it was because your aim was off or something was in your way. I haven't put nearly that much time into the game yet, just over 40 hours (life gets in the way of raiding) and I already have felt that way for a while now. Warbands combat animations may have been a little dry, but at least the collision detection was spot on. I remember riding ahead of my army in Warband, laying waste to the enemy army with my trusty War Cleaver before my troops even made contact. In Bannerlord, I'm lucky to get more than 5 or so kills before my infantry catches up.

I hope that they do reevaluate, because right now the most entertaining aspect of BL is combat. And the combat certainly isn't as satisfying as I was expecting. There is quite a bit of polishing to do since the Early Access was a bit, well, early. Having said that, I think there's hope for a better experience in the future. And by future I mean around 6 months from now when they get a majority of the bugs worked out and start implementing the bigger features that some of us thought would come out of the box.

i disagree...since ive played this game so much now i know when i do wrong, when i miss hit and why and what i miss hit on. This feels like warband to me but in a new way. Sure more difficult from horseback at times but its more skill based now in my opinion. No more no less which i was afraid of in the beginning watching others videos before release since the speed looked a bit to hyped

But sure the hit box isnt always flawless

Last edited:

While I whole heartedly agree that aggressively performing intercourse in medieval times should have some repercussion there needs to be some baseline features implemented before thinking about penis infections. Think about it, we dont even have brothels yet! And yes, we can marry a poor soul to be our breeding machine, but there is no way to have concubines at all! It'd be nice to have some kind of balancing mechanism for our lustful acts, like an infection meter which increases by the amount of sex we have but first I think having the opportunity to have sex at all not regarding reproductive duties should be the priority.

i disagree...since ive played this game so much now i know when i do wrong, when i miss hit and why and what i miss hit on. This feels like warband to me but in a new way. Sure more difficult from horseback at times but its more skill based now in my opinion. No more no less which i was afraid of in the beginning watching others videos before release since the speed looked a bit to hyped

Right, you do get better at it with time and at first I felt the same way you do. Then I played Warband again for a while, and honestly it feels more like I just got used to the clunkiness of combat in Bannerlord. Sure, when trying to hit things from horseback you can adjust for it by lowering the camera a little, and using longer weapons of course helps. But I wouldn't call that being skillful, it feels more like adjusting for a poorly executed game mechanic. At the end of the day hitting for horseback with a shortish weapon boils down to tilting your camera weirdly and, I don't know... That just doesn't scream like "player skill" to me.

Edit: admittedly, there is a certain degree of subjectivity involved in this. The only way to evaluate it in a semi objective way would be for TW to do a survey (e.g., Likert scale) on the combat system and gather feedback from many players who played both games.

Last edited:
Right, you do get better at it with time and at first I felt the same way you do. Then I played Warband again for a while, and honestly it feels more like I just got used to the clunkiness of combat in Bannerlord. Sure, when trying to hit things from horseback you can adjust for it by lowering the camera a little, and using longer weapons of course helps. But I wouldn't call that being skillful, it feels more like adjusting for a poorly executed game mechanic. At the end of the day hitting for horseback with a shortish weapon boils down to tilting your camera weirdly and, I don't know... That just doesn't scream like "player skill" to me.

what i mean about more skill based is that you need to aim and time the strikes better in this one and when you get used to it its not that hard anymore as long as you use the proper ex length of sword for it or else its gonna be pretty hard to time those in speed and keeping range, without putting yourself in danger to ^^ But man clunkiness in bannerlord only exist if youre low level (also like in warband with weapon effectiveness) or miss aim, else its much smoother and more impact full then warband

Last edited:
Yeah but some dickheads needs to boast about their infections now and then. Its because of foreskin claustrophobia complex that grows when they hit 45 accordingly to new studies of special psychological gynecological committee in Lichtenstein
Im actually jew I just want to experience what it FEELS to have a foreskin. My life has always felt a void because of this... Taleworlds clearly doesnt care about us.

Im actually jew I just want to experience what it FEELS to have a foreskin. My life has always felt a void because of this... Taleworlds clearly doesnt care about us.

oh damn so its an reversed psychological claustrophobic complex....think you need to talk to Dr.Johnsen about the shwartz effect

Back
Top Bottom