SP - General Stop Suggesting New Features.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not talking to the devs on this one, i'm talking to the other people like me that are suggesting stuff to the devs to help the game grow. But right now we don't need new features. We just need bug fixed a balance changes, the devs are not going to had an big features any time soon so stop suggesting them. Suggesting balance ideas and reporting issues or bugs is what we need right now.

I'm not talking to the devs on this one, i'm talking to the other people like me that are suggesting stuff to the devs to help the game grow. But right now we don't need new features. We just need bug fixed a balance changes, the devs are not going to had an big features any time soon so stop suggesting them. Suggesting balance ideas and reporting issues or bugs is what we need right now.
why? you could suggest that they don't listen to the suggestion of new features
Suggesception!

I think you're asking too much from the community. So many people are suggesting features because right now... the game doesn't have any. It feels like EA Bannerlord has less features than vanilla Warband - a game that came out 10 years ago - and is, quite frankly, less enjoyable than just about any (functional) mod of Warband.

Yes it's in EA but one would've thought that there would be more in there by now, and one would have thought that what is in there would've been better implemented / balanced than the current state.

So yeah, new features shouldn't be the biggest priority, but the lack of things to do is so glaring that people aren't going to stop suggesting things.

People don't realize what "Early Access" means. It's not even a full game. Of course Warband might have more features then Bannerlord because Warband is a full game.

I think you misunderstand. When suggesting, people are not saying "IMPLEMENT THIS NOW BEFORE YOU DEVELOP ANYTHING ELSE!" (at least most people aren't)

They are to give ideas on how to improve the game once they get things going or perhaps to aid them in directing their "current development projects" as they continue working on the game. Suggestions are helpful either way. A good example is the marriage, relationship, and heir system that is currently under development (we assume, because our current content is bare-bones). People stating what they would like to see HELPS in development.

Bug fixes are always a work in progress, and balancing does not help much when a ton of new content still needs to be added. You want EA to be a polished product, but what I and possibly many others want is EA to be at least playable (not necessarily release-level polished) and for them to work on developing the bigger content (involving many of our suggestions) that the game currently lacks.

Last edited:

Why not though? It's not like reading these forums takes a huge portion of actual developer time, I guess community management branch handles that for them. And some of the ideas might give TW that "light bulb sparking above the head" moment of how a system could be implemented better than they have planned originally.

From that perspective, the earlier one makes a suggestion, the more useful it's likely to be in the long run.

People don't realize what "Early Access" means. It's not even a full game. Of course Warband might have more features then Bannerlord because Warband is a full game.

"Early Access" is just a PR term. From the viewpoints of the actual developers it means absolutely nothing. If you're the one doing the coding, how is the EA label going to affect how much you work, or what you work on? It's just an arbitrary label used to manage player expectations, nothing else.

The game is fully released as far as I'm concerned. It is exceptionally rare for games to change substantially after release, regardless of whether they call themselves early access games or not.

There are thousands of features missing in this game and it's extremely unbelievable for a so said ... ten year old work.Suggesters just want the game to get a little bit better.Devs on the other hand really think that this is a finished game that has some bugs ,glitches in it ...otherwise they would not have released it as a "nearly finished"product. It is ridiculously unbearable and they are just SO arrogant!!!

Well i suggest you stop suggesting that we stop suggesting any suggestions so ner ?

I think you misunderstand. When suggesting, people are not saying "IMPLEMENT THIS NOW BEFORE YOU DEVELOP ANYTHING ELSE!" (at least most people aren't)

They are to give ideas on how to improve the game once they get things going or perhaps to aid them in directing their "current development projects" as they continue working on the game. Suggestions are helpful either way. A good example is the marriage, relationship, and heir system that is currently under development (we assume, because our current content is bare-bones). People stating what they would like to see HELPS in development.

Bug fixes are always a work in progress, and balancing does not help much when a ton of new content still needs to be added. You want EA to be a polished product, but what I and possibly many others want is EA to be at least playable (not necessarily release-level polished) and for them to work on developing the bigger content (involving many of our suggestions) that the game currently lacks.
If people are stating that the feature they want added is not urgent then i'm fine with that. But i don't ever see anyone say that. And you don't know whats in all of these players heads so you can't speak for them like that.
"balancing does not help much when a ton of new content still needs to be added" Yes it really does. Because if you keep adding more and more stuff without fixing what you have already then it's going to be a broken mess. You need to make sure what you have right now is working and balanced before you add anything new. And thats what they are doing these next couple weeks or so. They are making the right call by putting out only patches and balance changes.

Why not though? It's not like reading these forums takes a huge portion of actual developer time, I guess community management branch handles that for them. And some of the ideas might give TW that "light bulb sparking above the head" moment of how a system could be implemented better than they have planned originally.

From that perspective, the earlier one makes a suggestion, the more useful it's likely to be in the long run.
Why not? Because in order to have a game that is not broken you must focus on what you have now and make sure it works before you add anything new. Thats what they are doing right now.

If people are stating that the feature they want added is not urgent then i'm fine with that. But i don't ever see anyone say that. And you don't know whats in all of these players heads so you can't speak for them like that.

It's the feel I get from most people's suggestions, not that I am in their heads or know what they are thinking. I am perfectly in my right to speak from my observations of others. Whether my deductions on their thoughts are correct or not is a different matter entirely. I still think my points are valid.

If you want another piece of evidence to show suggestions are okay, again interpreting the thoughts of others, why would the devs create a subsection of the forums for suggestions if they did not want them?

I honestly fail to see the reason for your thread here. It's like you are speaking for the devs in stating that they don't want or need new content suggestions when they very well might. In your own words, "You don't know whats in all of these developers' heads so you can't speak for them like that."

"Early Access" is just a PR term. From the viewpoints of the actual developers it means absolutely nothing. If you're the one doing the coding, how is the EA label going to affect how much you work, or what you work on? It's just an arbitrary label used to manage player expectations, nothing else.

The game is fully released as far as I'm concerned. It is exceptionally rare for games to change substantially after release, regardless of whether they call themselves early access games or not.
No not at all. Early access means they are allowing people to play it to get feedback to finish off the game. They need feedback to make sure that people like the game before it is considered complete. And i have no idea where you got the viewpoints from the devs that earl access means nothing. Because i have not heard anyone say that so don't make stuff up please. And if the game was fully released then people wouldn't say stuff like this
"So many people are suggesting features because right now... the game doesn't have any. It feels like EA Bannerlord has less features than vanilla Warband - a game that came out 10 years ago - and is, quite frankly, less enjoyable than just about any (functional) mod of Warband."
This game is not complete so stop acting like it. If it was complete then we wouldn't have amazing stuff like this.

What im saying is that when you make a game you have priorities. And the devs priority right is to balance the game and fix bugs. Features can be later once the game is fixed and balanced.

It's the feel I get from most people's suggestions, not that I am in their heads or know what they are thinking. I am perfectly in my right to speak from my observations of others. Whether my deductions on their thoughts are correct or not is a different matter entirely. I still think my points are valid.

If you want another piece of evidence to show suggestions are okay, again interpreting the thoughts of others, why would the devs create a subsection of the forums for suggestions if they did not want them?

I honestly fail to see the reason for your thread here. It's like you are speaking for the devs in stating that they don't want or need new content suggestions when they very well might. In your own words, "You don't know whats in all of these developers' heads so you can't speak for them like that."
I never said the devs don't want suggestions and feedback. I'm saying it's pointless right now to suggest NEW FEATURES because they just won't add them. Because they have other priorities.
I'm not speaking for the devs. These are my words and my thoughts and for all i know i could be completely wrong. But so far they are not adding any big new features. I'm not speaking for them, i am saying it's better to give them balance idea and bug reports then to suggest new features. It's what the game needs.

I never said the devs don't want suggestions and feedback. I'm saying it's pointless right now to suggest NEW FEATURES because they just won't add them. Because they have other priorities.
I'm not speaking for the devs. These are my words and my thoughts and for all i know i could be completely wrong. But so far they are not adding any big new features. I'm not speaking for them, i am saying it's better to give them balance idea and bug reports then to suggest new features. It's what the game needs.
This thread is pointless if people want to suggest things they would like to see what the hell does it matter to you.
The Devs are perfectly capable of prioritising all by themselves they are not kids that need you to protect them from the nasty suggestions.

Why not? Because in order to have a game that is not broken you must focus on what you have now and make sure it works before you add anything new. Thats what they are doing right now.
Agreed entirely. Still, how do unrelated community suggestions limit the ability of developers to focus on improving the existing mechanics?

I'm saying it's pointless right now to suggest NEW FEATURES because they just won't add them.

And how do you know that? They could see or may have already seen a new feature suggested on the forum and have begun development on their interpretation of it. We just don't know. Stop trying to silence creative minds because you feel you know what is best for the developers. It's asinine.

This thread is pointless if people want to suggest things they would like to see what the hell does it matter to you.
The Devs are perfectly capable of prioritising all by themselves they are not kids that need you to protect them from the nasty suggestions.
Maybe. But i see you are saying stuff which i am not doing to make me look idiotic. You can piss off, your words mean nothing to me.

Back
Top Bottom