stop children mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Tell me more, how would it be? I'm a Bannerlord mod beginner

I made this quick little mod for you. Uploaded it to Google Drive as I can't be bothered to go through the NexusMods process just to upload such a small mod. Do note that it requires the Developer Console mod.

I haven't been able to test it myself as I don't have a save file where any females are pregnant. So let me know how it works out!

Commands:
debug.list_pregnancies - This command should list all heroes that are currently pregnant.
debug.list_heroes - This command should list all heroes, it fails to display all of the heroes due to a character limit for the console, though.
campaign.stop_pregnancy <CharacterName> - This command should attempt to kill the mother's child.

Let me know if it works or not as I can't really test it properly.

Upvote 0
This might be the wrong place to ask, but is there any documentation or articles available about how mods are made without the module system source being released?

Sure is! For one you have these documentations which is an on-going effort. The Mount & Blade Discord has a channel dedicated to modding which is very helpful.

I also made an extension for Visual Studio which makes the process of making mods a lot easier and straight forward. You still need to use a program such as dotPeek or dnSpy to browse through the various assemblies and find the relevant source code of what you want to modify, though.

Upvote 0
I made this quick little mod for you. Uploaded it to Google Drive as I can't be bothered to go through the NexusMods process just to upload such a small mod. Do note that it requires the Developer Console mod.

I haven't been able to test it myself as I don't have a save file where any females are pregnant. So let me know how it works out!

Commands:
debug.list_pregnancies - This command should list all heroes that are currently pregnant.
debug.list_heroes - This command should list all heroes, it fails to display all of the heroes due to a character limit for the console, though.
campaign.stop_pregnancy <CharacterName> - This command should attempt to kill the mother's child.

Oh really nice!! I really appreciate the mod and the time spent! continued pregnancies were ruining my immersion. I will try it now and tell you how it works.

thanks bro

Upvote 0

Commands:

When the woman is pregnant, it causes death in childbirth. I don't know what happens when you are not pregnant. I will try and tell you

Upvote 0

Commands:

"Specifield Hero is Not Pregnant!"
This appears when the character is not pregnant. Is there a way to stop the children without the wife dying? Thank you

Upvote 0
Haha wow, I totally misunderstood how that method worked then. :ROFLMAO: I can check, but sadly I don't have save file where I can test to make sure it works before giving you a new version.

Edit:

Try this version.

I tried it. It doesn't seem to be working

t8O6eDa.jpeg

She continues to give birth and continues to become pregnant. This time it doesn't die

Thanks for your time

Upvote 0
I would have to delve deeper into how the pregnancy system works then, it seems. Probably need to make some changes to the pregnancy model since it seems to do a (in-game) daily check whether or not a hero can become pregnant.

Upvote 0
I would have to delve deeper into how the pregnancy system works then, it seems. Probably need to make some changes to the pregnancy model since it seems to do a (in-game) daily check whether or not a hero can become pregnant.
Yes, I understand. The command has no effect if it is checked every day. There should be an option in the native game about whether we want to have a child in order to alleviate this problem, perhaps in the form of a dialogue with your spouse. If you can make any progress, I would appreciate it very much. Not only me, many people resent this problem. I appreciate the time invested! and I wait for news

greetings

Upvote 0
Yes, I understand. The command has no effect if it is checked every day. There should be an option in the native game about whether we want to have a child in order to alleviate this problem, perhaps in the form of a dialogue with your spouse. If you can make any progress, I would appreciate it very much. Not only me, many people resent this problem. I appreciate the time invested! and I wait for news

greetings

This version should work. It now removes their pregnancy status if they are already pregnant and also makes it so they're not fertile anymore. You can also re-enable their fertility status if you so desire.

Commands:
campaign.prevent_pregnancy <CharacterName>
campaign.enable_pregnancy <CharacterName>
debug.list_heroes
debug.list_pregnancies
debug.list_prevented_pregnancies

I made a model this time around and override the daily check, so if their fertility is reset to true somewhere else by the game - so long as they're in the list they'll return a 0% chance of becoming pregnant.

Do note you'll probably have to do this every time a save is loaded, not sure if their fertility status is saved. The list of disabled pregnancies most definitely is not saved.

Upvote 0
This version should work. It now removes their pregnancy status if they are already pregnant and also makes it so they're not fertile anymore. You can also re-enable their fertility status if you so desire.

Commands:
campaign.prevent_pregnancy <CharacterName>
campaign.enable_pregnancy <CharacterName>
debug.list_heroes
debug.list_pregnancies
debug.list_prevented_pregnancies

I made a model this time around and override the daily check, so if their fertility is reset to true somewhere else by the game - so long as they're in the list they'll return a 0% chance of becoming pregnant.

Do note you'll probably have to do this every time a save is loaded, not sure if their fertility status is saved. The list of disabled pregnancies most definitely is not saved.
First, I really appreciate the effort.
Second, it seems to be working. When your spouse is not pregnant the mod prevents pregnancy, so it works.
When she is pregnant, she gives birth just the same but after that she stops automatically.

It worked perfect! Thanks brother, I will use it.
Share it on nexus! many will find it useful.

Upvote 0
First, I really appreciate the effort.
Second, it seems to be working. When your spouse is not pregnant the mod prevents pregnancy, so it works.
When she is pregnant, she gives birth just the same but after that she stops automatically.

It worked perfect! Thanks brother, I will use it.
Share it on nexus! many will find it useful.

Hmm, I thought it would prevent the child from being born. The characters have a field called "IsPregnant" and I set that to false when you prevent pregnancy for them. Guess the child still gets born via some other means I have yet to find, then...

I could release it on Nexus but would need to make sure it works proper first in that case. ?

Upvote 0
Hmm, I thought it would prevent the child from being born. The characters have a field called "IsPregnant" and I set that to false when you prevent pregnancy for them. Guess the child still gets born via some other means I have yet to find, then...

I could release it on Nexus but would need to make sure it works proper first in that case. ?
I tried it 2 different times activating the command and 2 times the baby was born. After that she was no longer pregnant. Count on me to test it if you need.

I really appreciate your effort!

Upvote 0
Hey, hope you don't mind me slightly necro'ing this thread. Just wanted to say thanks dealman for putting this together.
Definitely appreciated while waiting for an option to come up either in the base game or on Nexus.
Cheers.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom