Stop being so Salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

CBeetle

Recruit
So, I understand we all want this game to be amazing. Obviously.

However, there are only so many days in a row we can cry about not having a next big patch, and frankly, that **** takes time. A lot of what we want changed takes time to actually figure out HOW to change. I'm not sure if any of you have any coding experience, or experience building a game (like working with Unity or UE4 before) but this crap doesn't happen in a day. It's easy to SAY that we just 'change the parameters' of combat, but in reality, you need to actually go in, figure out what lines of code need changing, figure out how to change it, make sure you don't break OTHER lines of code when changing it, and then make sure all the animations are correct for it, make sure those things dont fk with other things, check that things work the way they are intended in play testing, and then roll that out to the community to try.

I know how to code a bit in LUA and C++ and let me tell you, sometimes it takes you an hour just to get a goddamn button working.

So, please stop spamming the forums and making headaches for the devs. They know we have complaints. We are a bag of complaints. They want to help us, and it's hard feeling like we are not being heard. But we've got a dev on the forums literally telling us that things are being addressed and to wait. So sit on your hands, and wait.

That being said.. I appreciate what information we have been getting, and I hope that you keep up that process of letting us know what is in the works. It really gives us hope for the future of this game. We are so outspoken because we are very passionate about this game. Many of us have quite literally been waiting 8 years for this game to come out.

If you need another play tester, hit me up fam. <3

I would like to believe that all the current broken stuff takes time but when you see that some modders fixed stuff that is still NOT officially fixed in the first week of release for SP, you start wondering what taleworlds is doing. Same goes for Gab modifications for MP. It’s not perfect but it would have made the game somewhat playable. I think, if I am not mistaken that none of the tweaks and improvements he made have been changed by TW. 3 months after. So yes it takes times, but how can some ppl fix the game without modding tools in such a small amount of time, while an entire team, having this as a job, can’t fix one single thing in 4 months.

If you need another play tester, hit me up fam. <3
You can just buy another copy of the game. You are basically a QA for the game already.

However, there are only so many days in a row we can cry about not having a next big patch, and frankly, that **** takes time. A lot of what we want changed takes time to actually figure out HOW to change. I'm not sure if any of you have any coding experience, or experience building a game (like working with Unity or UE4 before) but this crap doesn't happen in a day. It's easy to SAY that we just 'change the parameters' of combat, but in reality, you need to actually go in, figure out what lines of code need changing, figure out how to change it, make sure you don't break OTHER lines of code when changing it, and then make sure all the animations are correct for it, make sure those things dont fk with other things, check that things work the way they are intended in play testing, and then roll that out to the community to try.
I know how to code a bit in LUA and C++ and let me tell you, sometimes it takes you an hour just to get a goddamn button working.
I was going to ignore this entire block because it doesn't make much sense. You also don't know how to code or never worked in a big project before apparently. So I could separate this block line by line to explain how wrong you are, but why should I bother.

But here is a simple fact: Sh*t already took time. Like around 8 years. When you make unnecessary objections like "It takes time" or "Its EA" to a person when he/she criticizes the game is not helping TW at all. On the contrary, you are doing a bad thing for them. So all of you should stop trying to be the guardian angel for Taleworlds. Because they are not mindreaders. They can't know what is messed up and what is not. They can know it only if the customer complains. If you had any experience with any commercial software, you would know that getting negative feedback ( salty or not) is hundred times better than not getting any feedback and still seeing a huge dropoff in userbase.

Getting constructive criticism is a must but there are a few around here treating this place like their own personal mourning ground of woe. Get therapy.

A lot obviously rests on the patch at the end of this month. The players have given boatloads of info on what they want. Mainly infantry that don’t get constantly bullied by everything else in the game.

Is this going to turn into the SP board of people creating threads where the only benefit to it is divert from the issues and just trash talk eachother?
Yes, probably.
Because for example, now you said issues in your post, then there will be a smartie comes up saying that "We already know there are issues and we said it in threads. It's EA. No need to say it twice" - although it is needed to say it twice, or as much as possible to draw their attention on urgent matters. And if those people don't understand that fact that having posts even looks like whining from some people are helpful for getting a better game, then we will see more threads like this which tries to shut down any type of feedback by suggesting sit-and-wait for some reason.

Yes, probably.
Because for example, now you said issues in your post, then there will be a smartie comes up saying that "We already know there are issues and we said it in threads. It's EA. No need to say it twice" - although it is needed to say it twice, or as much as possible to draw their attention on urgent matters. And if those people don't understand that fact that having posts even looks like whining from some people are helpful for getting a better game, then we will see more threads like this which tries to shut down any type of feedback by suggesting sit-and-wait for some reason.
In my opinion this kind of posts saying to stop being negative about the game, breeds even more toxicity.

The problem some people are mistaking valid criticism that is NEEDED for development and are hiding it behind "it's just early access" as if suddenly we shouldn't be critical about the game anymore.

It's this kind of people that are breeding toxicity in this community.

In my opinion this kind of posts saying to stop being negative about the game, breeds even more toxicity.
Agreed. That's also what I'm saying.

Even the most "cry-baby" like comments is better than "sit and wait" because that's also some form of criticism. People should understand that this is not an artwork its a game. You cant say "If you don't like, don't look i dont care". If your userbase shrinking, you need to know why it's happening. If you see lots of outraged comments in your forum? Cool, now you know why. If you see nothing? Well you are in deep trouble. It means you have to try your luck to bring them back somehow. But hey, you can always feel happy because you have 5 people running in the forum and telling the exact same baseless argument over and over to people who tries to warn you with your issues. Perhaps you can't fix your game but you can be happy...

I'll admit that I've been a bit toxic towards devs at times. But at the same time... The devs did kill multiplayer pretty quick. Knowingly going against community suggestions during beta, then waited an extra 3-4 months AFTER EA release to start focusing on MP. I get Single Player is their bread and butter, but people have a fair argument as to why they're upset. I don't necessarily feel too bad for criticizing the management of the project. Especially after 8 years of development. Management's gotta be held accountable.

I get where you're coming from OP, and I also think some people are being salty. But I would say a vast majority does in fact raise valid criticism. As you say yourself it can take 1 hour to make a button work, but TW advertises them adding a Kingdom Creation button to the game (a function already existing, so literally just a button). They're what 90 people working full time on it now ? Why haven't we gotten a single scene, new quests since EA release yet ? I assume the game and level designers aren't the ones doing the code refractoring.

This is true when you start coding, but with even a modicum of practice you can code in your sleep. I didn't know any C++ at the start of this year, now I can write it and bugfix it with practically zero conscious effort.

When games take long to make it isn't because they don't have enough staff, or that coding itself is that time consuming. This is kind of a myth. If you got an experienced coder they could put together a functional game in under a week. But when you have large teams, massive amounts of efficiency are lost. If one person is working on a task they can reconcile it within their own mind in a fraction of a second, but if a team is working on something they have a conversation or even a meeting which might eat up hours or even days.

Back
Top Bottom