Still No Fix For SLOWWWW Menus??!

Users who are viewing this thread

I took about a 4 month break waiting for things to get better. The last version I played was 1.5.6 before deciding to come back and give the game a try with 1.5.9. WTH?!
The menus for party, inventory, kingdom, town, trade, encyclopedia, and...well....everything else are a stuttery, laggy mess!
It is almost unplayable to have to wait 20 seconds when every menu comes up.
In 1.5.6 every menu came right up, no problem, no wait, no lag. What the heck did they do this game while I was gone?!

I think one time I was experiencing this issue and it was a setting under Video i believe that was like "enable v-sync in menus" or something like that... turn it off.

I think one time I was experiencing this issue and it was a setting under Video i believe that was like "enable v-sync in menus" or something like that... turn it off.

It's not that. I have it turned off and it's still lagging.

It takes a really long time for the town interface to slide out and for the mouse to register. Once you've actually clicked into trade, the icons take forever to load.

Conversely, Improved Garrison's interface works quickly and slides in and out effortlessly.

If some people are experiencing this, and others aren't, it might not be a bug, but a local issue. Or it might be an issue with your configuration.

It might be worth heading to the support forum and getting the telemetry build so they can identify where the problem lies.

If some people are experiencing this, and others aren't, it might not be a bug, but a local issue. Or it might be an issue with your configuration.

It might be worth heading to the support forum and getting the telemetry build so they can identify where the problem lies.
No, it's not a local issue. This happening on many systems.

But just head to the support forum lol...

Have you seen this post? Check out the video, it's exactly the same thing I'm experiencing.

Why would troop and item icons take so damn long to load in 1.5.9 and 1.5.10 when it was loading perfectly in 1.0 right up to 1.5.8.

Have you seen this post? Check out the video, it's exactly the same thing I'm experiencing.

Why would troop and item icons take so damn long to load in 1.5.9 and 1.5.10 when it was loading perfectly in 1.0 right up to 1.5.8.

I don't know. I don't have the issue so I'm not the right person to ask. I had terrible issues with icons on earlier builds, but they're ok now. I did report the issue and followed it up in the support threads as the devs tested out fixes however. Which might be why it was addressed for me - maybe the fix for my issue caused yours...

(Ignoring stevehoos' weasel words) I had a problem, followed it up in the support forums, now I don't have that problem. I'm just suggesting the process that worked for me. Certainly, if it is an issue with a particular configuration, it might also affect others, so it would be helpful for the devs to have you on a telemetry build so they can gain a greater understanding of why you and players with similar configurations might be having this problem ongoing. With things like icons, it can be something as simple as timing when they load, and relatively easy to fix if the right people know there is something to fix. You're unlikely to have someone who cares read this forum - but all reports in the support forum are triaged. That's why I suggest you head there.

I don't know. I don't have the issue so I'm not the right person to ask. I had terrible issues with icons on earlier builds, but they're ok now. I did report the issue and followed it up in the support threads as the devs tested out fixes however. Which might be why it was addressed for me - maybe the fix for my issue caused yours...

It's been widely reported and apparently the devs are aware of the issue. So you're not getting any lag whatsoever now? Which version are you on?

And Steve's just overly frustrated. Probably needs a break.

It's been widely reported and apparently the devs are aware of the issue. So you're not getting any lag whatsoever now? Which version are you on?

And Steve's just overly frustrated. Probably needs a break.

I'm on 1.5.10. I get all sorts of minor lags and issues - mostly in line with the capabilities of my machine. My machine is off the shelf and very mainstream in it's configuration, so probably less likely to see unforeseen issues. Most of my issues stem from my computer thermal throttling at inopportune times. But I get nothing that looks like what you (and others like you) are getting. Like I said earlier, on 1.5.9 and 1.5.8 I had terrible issues with icons and lagging - that led to me having to restart the game every 20 minutes or so. But currently I'm good.

Again like I said, different configurations *shrug* Who'd be a PC developer. I find it painful enough doing web development that has to take I.E. 11 into account. I can't imagine having to develop in a way that takes custom builds into account.

Back
Top Bottom