Still no Camels?! (Nov ‘21)

Users who are viewing this thread

Earth Dragon

Sergeant
I’m shocked to see that there are still no camels in this game in any reasonable or meaningful way. Is there a reason for this? It just doesn’t seem overly difficult to get them in at a decent level to have pack camels to a pair of versions for Tier 1 and a pair of Tier 2/3.

Has there been any explanations as to why this is? For how many long treks you can do on the deserts and wastelands in this game, it seems like a REALLY odd omission, in particular since we saw flashes of them early and they kept disappearing.

This is before you get to the Aserai who could easily fit in another troop branch, bringing back the skirmisher into their own line, that then trains to two tiers of Camel Skirmishers.

I’ll try to be back on after this week to do a full assessment of the good, bad, and the ugly from things that I’ve seen, but this is a strange one that I was looking forward to ever since this game dropped and it looks like it might not come at all at this stage

There are camels in the game. Not very many, but you can get them just by beating up Ghulams or caravans pretty easy.
You know this isn’t what I’m talking about.

Why are they not on the market?

Why are they not produced in any towns?

Why aren’t there a handful of saddle options with variable stats?

Why do they clack when galloping as if they have hooves?

Is there a reason we’ve seen them for sale for brief glimpses as “pack camels” then quickly disappeared again.

If they are in the game in such a small limited capacity, why does it stay in such a restrictive capacity? Why are camels, as represented in game in its current state, some of sort of “well kept secret” I have to murder and steal to acquire or hope tournament puts a higher quality one up as a prize.

The real answer is something like "Well we could add more Camels and Camel troops, but what does that add to the game?" Just like the answers to what about sword sisters and what about minor faction bases were.
K3D26.jpg
tZc1s.jpg
RrZj5.jpg

Camels and their saddles are like crossbow bolts. They're dessert for the developers once they've finished their mains.

As a side note... be careful with your war camels... cavalry units will steal them for upgrades and magically turn them into war horses.

Camels and their saddles are like crossbow bolts. They're dessert for the developers once they've finished their mains.

As a side note... be careful with your war camels... cavalry units will steal them for upgrades and magically turn them into war horses.
This is why they need their own class, and there is now precedence for this.

Before, terrain was terrain was terrain was terrain. But now Snow and Desert impact you. The percentage of your mounts that are camels could reduce the desert penalty by that much. Daunastica, Hys…..that eastern Aserai city I can’t spell and Q…. That western Aserai town I can’t spell could all be camel hubs you can switch out your sumpter horses for pack camels.

And for those that don’t know, camels do really well in the snow, and could Hack into that penalty additionally. It’s better for their feet to walk through the snow then over rocky terrain, and that same insulation for the heat works both ways. Just make pack camels have a lower carrying capacity (80 vs 100) and equivalent riding and war camels have slightly weaker stats and you have a pro/con system.

It’s also odd that the game advertises the Aserai as a people who utilize camels in their faction picture when you choose them, but there is no ability to buy, sell, and ride them in any meaningful way in game.

I just think it’s time to really get all of those things in game. The economy has been the hardest thing for them to get correct. I suppose I was hoping someone actually knew what the hold up was and maybe the devs had mentioned it. Lots of stuff to read through when you are on a 1-2 months on, 4-6 months off rotation lol

There have been some mishaps on how we defined overall burden animal category and camels both in their usages and their production. There is a related bug that will be fixed in a upcoming patch soon and with it both regular camels and war camels will be produced in horse ranch villages in Aserai region

There have been some mishaps on how we defined overall burden animal category and camels both in their usages and their production. There is a related bug that will be fixed in a upcoming patch soon and with it both regular camels and war camels will be produced in horse ranch villages in Aserai region
Nice, thank you for the info.

Fantastic!!

Thanks a bunch for the update!

Back
Top Bottom