Still hate the voting for castles and towns thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Just thought I would mention it again. Nothing more frustrating that getting selected as a candidate for a town, getting the majority vote and still having the town given to someone else. I am also kind of sick of the few times a castle or town becomes available, they are scattered all over the place. It is a massive pain to try to defend your fiefs and make is damn near impossible to strategically plan for your own kingdom down the road. Overall their really has to be a better system than having to rely on RNG.

Being a vassal is poorly implemented at best. The AI kingdom can award a fief to anyone they want, but you do not get the same option when it is your own kingdom.

If the player uses influence and wins the vote, they should get the fief. Any other result is unacceptable.

I hope, in time, you might be able to trade fiefs. When a king overrules a vote they get a negative opinion with the other vassals. I've seen one guy become an enemy of his king. But as there are no revolts or revolutions there's very little punishment. I have seen ai lords join new kingdoms so maybe that's something.

But no I disagree, the player shouldn't always get their way, even if it is unfair. That's the point, it should push you and other vassals to break away. It's also not RNG.

Yes. Though it is rather far into the tree. Also, lords currently seem to be willing to trade away fiefs for much less than they're worth in gold. (Though not nearly as bad as it was pre-1.1.0 when they would trade for literally 1 gold).
Thanks, time to put more points in trade!

The voting does not seem to be working anyway, it had no real affect on relationships. It states a change, but when you look it is still the same, so I just ignore that aspect and dish out the fiefs as I see fit until it is working properly.

Yes. Though it is rather far into the tree. Also, lords currently seem to be willing to trade away fiefs for much less than they're worth in gold. (Though not nearly as bad as it was pre-1.1.0 when they would trade for literally 1 gold).
Worth mentioning that by the time you get the trade perk, you have so much money that it doesn't matter if fiefs cost 1 gold or 1 million gold lol

Here is my todays rage quiting moment:
I laid a siege to enemy city that had 600men and i had 100men so enemy exits city and we fight on open field i bearly won and lost most of my troops and when vote for owner came i was not even nominated.

It would be right that person who took the city/castle is automaticaly a candidate for owner.

Back
Top Bottom