Need More Info Still cant load saves

Users who are viewing this thread

they didn't fix it in patch 1.0.3 they only delayed the corruption for a couple of saves/loads, it doesn't go to 45 loads but to like 52/55 loads rn ...

same...i Wasn't able to load the savegames of the 1.0.2... now with the 1.0.3 I can load the savegames of 1.0.2, but if i create a new savegame (without overwrite any save) i can't load the saves of the 1.0.3...
im keeping the save of the 1.0.2...is the only one that i can load atm, but i can't save and go ahead because every new save will be corrupted in the 1.0.3

Last edited:
The problem with the patch is that it didnt do anything. Why push a patch out if it doesnt work for half the people properly?
It's hard to say how many people it helped, and it could very well have resolved a different bug entirely. I'm sorry the game isn't working for you, but I feel like you are being a bit presumptuous in assuming that the patch didn't do anything. I hope they fix your bug as soon as possible so you can enjoy the game.

It's hard to say how many people it helped, and it could very well have resolved a different bug entirely. I'm sorry the game isn't working for you, but I feel like you are being a bit presumptuous in assuming that the patch didn't do anything. I hope they fix your bug as soon as possible so you can enjoy the game.
if you read the subreddit, steam boards, and here, you will see that there's not a single person this patch has helped.

Yep, still broken.

I was able to load a file that was previously broken, but then I tried saving it and loading it before wasting my time and it crashed again.

Do they even test these things out before or...?

Yep, still broken.

I was able to load a file that was previously broken, but then I tried saving it and loading it before wasting my time and it crashed again.

Do they even test these things out before or...?
as write above...same for me and no...i don't think they tested it ahahah... I appreciate that they tried to solve immediatly the problem but...you know...

In these conditions doesn't make any sense also start a new campaign...you risk to spent your time and then have the same error.

if you read the subreddit, steam boards, and here, you will see that there's not a single person this patch has helped.

Just to be 'that guy' that usualy the ones that the game is working for, are playing and not on the forums going ''hey guys! my games working through!'' Ngl, if mine worked I wouldn't be here either. I'd be playing. It worked to load the old saves, which is a sign that to me it is going in the right direction. I made a new 'Save as' and it CTD'd when I tried to load it. Hopefully they'll figure it out very, very soon and it'll be stable again. It could be worse, we could all have been told that we'll have to start from scratch again for it to work.

I'd like to reiterate something for those like King Harlaus the Fat: It's in EA; you signed up for this.Want a finished game? Don't play EA. Yes, this sucks, but don't call them lazy because buhu an EA game said to maybe have issues is having problems.

I also had the same problem with previous patch(1.0.2) and after I updated my game to 1.0.3, I was able to play for couple hours and now I can't still load my save, not just one, all of them are crashing
30 hours in total, literally spend most of the time by trying to figure out how to load my save
waiting new patch

Last edited:
While this is not the place to discuss about the devs. I think your attitude is wrong.

Back to the bug. Did you started a new campaign and loaded / saved about 50 times and the crash did appear?

While this is not the place to discuss about the devs. I think your attitude is wrong.

Back to the bug. Did you started a new campaign and loaded / saved about 50 times and the crash did appear?
I personally have just 4 saves, and problem did appear, so its not related with number of saves, I dont know if this is coincidence but for me saves were corrupted every time when I saved my games where near to big city

Alright, ive played about 500 days, got a couple of towns, almost clan tier 4. And ive came across two type of crashes.

One is a very early, crash. This crash is avoidable, usually this happens early on in the game, if you go around a town and accept a mission, you can get a CTD which corrupts your game. The only way to avoid this, is to do a couple of "SAVE AS" instead of just "Save" Its avoidable. This only affects one save file. This is a type of crash, where you can load into the game, but as soon as you hit one specific date, you crash.

However, here comes the kicker.
Theres another crash, the one which OP is experieriencing, and which i just came across. So basically, when you save and then load, something happens to your save file, i dont know excatly, but it seems to grow in size, however if you save and load 45 or 55 times (varies between players), it basically corrupts your save. It doesnt matter if you remove it and take a way earlier save, if you load in to that and save again, and then load back. You crash. Which means its unavoidable. The patch, only fixed one load in, basically it uncorrupted your save, however if you did one more save and load, it corrupts it again. Keep in mind this is a ticking timebomb, as soon as you hit that threshold, it corrupts your save file.

So my guide, is if you have a lot of save and loads, and you are well into the campaign, stop now and wait. It doesnt matter if you save as, if you do a total of 45 or 55 save and loads, it corrupts your save. Even if it was completely clean. This ****ing atrocious by taleworlds, ever since Warband you have had problems with corrupted save files, and you still ****ing have it.

Did no one QA this? I mean this is a problem that practically breaks your game and campaign, that has reached a huge portion of your playerbase, and its genuinely kicking me down as a motivated player.

Back
Top Bottom