Still being worked on? Some issues I noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Been awhile since I played Floris but I thought I'd note -

Many weapons are using models inappropriate for their reach, looking at the swadian lord sword vs. the english longsword for example, the former has a much longer model but lower reach, the latter a smaller model yet it's a long reach 1h/2h weapon. Would be nice if stats were more consistent with the model. Some smaller swords seem like they should have better speed stat as well, like the albion swords being slower than much larger ones.

Also, it looks like archer units are using bows inappropriate for their tier, which was an issue last time I played - I believe tweaks were made to bows that I liked, but the problem is that units use the same bows with now very different stats, in some cases making some units quite imbalanced.

A minor issue that's not really an issue, but some taverns have stairs that the player has to slowly climb(Veluca) every time they visit, which could be adjusted for convenience.

Still the best mod out there, hoping it's still in progress even if things have slowed down.

Rather than start a new thread, I'll throw out something that I've noticed in the past few days:

Whether this is a mod thing or a Native thing (it's been so long since I played Native I don't even remember, and I've only picked the mod back up in the last week or so), there's something wonky about the supply/demand economic model.  If I'm at a Goods Merchant, and I add some goods to my inventory, and then decide I don't want them and put them back, and then decide that maybe I want them after all (I'm an indecisive shopper) and put them back in my inventory, all without "Checking Out," the second time I put them in my inventory they're cheaper to "buy" than the first time.  And if I repeat, the third time is cheaper still. And the fourth. And so on, all the way down to some sort of "price floor" for the goods.  Between the "initial price" and the "floor price," I frequently see drops of 75% or more.

Now, I know that isn't working as desired. The question is whether it can be made to work as desired.

Landwalker said:
Rather than start a new thread, I'll throw out something that I've noticed in the past few days:

Whether this is a mod thing or a Native thing (it's been so long since I played Native I don't even remember, and I've only picked the mod back up in the last week or so), there's something wonky about the supply/demand economic model.  If I'm at a Goods Merchant, and I add some goods to my inventory, and then decide I don't want them and put them back, and then decide that maybe I want them after all (I'm an indecisive shopper) and put them back in my inventory, all without "Checking Out," the second time I put them in my inventory they're cheaper to "buy" than the first time.  And if I repeat, the third time is cheaper still. And the fourth. And so on, all the way down to some sort of "price floor" for the goods.  Between the "initial price" and the "floor price," I frequently see drops of 75% or more.

Now, I know that isn't working as desired. The question is whether it can be made to work as desired.

I noticed this way back when I started playing and asked about it actually, it's a known issue but the only fix they knew of then would break their dynamic trade system.
Swapping things between your inventory and a traders will adjust the price whether you accept or not, so basically, abuse it if you want, try not to if you don't want to.

anoddhermit said:
Many weapons are using models inappropriate for their reach...
Yeah known bug. I was working on a fix as well as a rebalance submod but it's amazingly tedious as you have to look at each model in openBRF and measuring it. I got all of the melee weapons up to the Khergits done, but I got tired of working on it because it was tedious like I mentioned. I'll continue this eventually. But doing this was so tiring and boring for me that it made me quit playing Floris/Warband for months. That's probably also why nobody else has bothered so far.

Landwalker said:
there's something wonky about the supply/demand economic model.
Yeah I think it was this way in Native too.

Back
Top Bottom