Steppe Bandit Boss

Users who are viewing this thread

LDominating

Regular
Remove Steppe Bandit Boss Glaive!
Why is it there in the first place?

I swear to God,Khuzait anything related is just there to piss people off for no reason at all.

Hah hah hah, does it still have crush through block?
Yea...
He still crushes it through.

It's worse if you're starting out.
Every other bandit boss can still be dueled,but as soon as there's a 2h polearm,AI goes berserk.

My man,I had a Tappered Sword,starting Sturgian Sword,which swings fast for medium dmg,perfect for up close beatdown on low armored units,which Steppe Bandits are.
Dude...he was swinging faster than me.
He slashed left and I blocked with the shield,perfect block,and he still had time to thrust the polearm.
Like wtf am I supposed to do?
I didn't have denars to atleast try to cheese him with javelins.
They were also more than us,so I needed to duel otherwise I would have lost my men too.

Yea...
He still crushes it through.

It's worse if you're starting out.
Every other bandit boss can still be dueled,but as soon as there's a 2h polearm,AI goes berserk.

My man,I had a Tappered Sword,starting Sturgian Sword,which swings fast for medium dmg,perfect for up close beatdown on low armored units,which Steppe Bandits are.
He slashed left and I blocked with the shield,perfect block,and he still had time to thrust the polearm.
They were also more than us,so I needed to duel otherwise I would have lost my men too.
I would just not do it, but you can go for troop superiority: actual khan's guards are more powerful then the boss and raiders. If there's too many what you do it re-do it and retreat the battle before the fight, then come back later and do it again and it should use up some of the raiders in the raid fight and have less in the final battle.

Of course if you marry a nice steppe wife with a long glaive, you can just use that to bonk the bosses first.

I would just not do it, but you can go for troop superiority: actual khan's guards are more powerful then the boss and raiders. If there's too many what you do it re-do it and retreat the battle before the fight, then come back later and do it again and it should use up some of the raiders in the raid fight and have less in the final battle.

Of course if you marry a nice steppe wife with a long glaive, you can just use that to bonk the bosses first.
Haha,I actually do that.
The bonk,or javeline shot in the head.

It's still a shame early on you may get a steppe bandit mission.

How are getting beaten? 2h sword you should hit him before he hits you as he needs to pull out his glove while you start ready to swing straight away

Hah hah hah, does it still have crush through block?
maybe i'm just a lazy person but i never block unless using a shield. and it doesn't crush shields.

blocking using your weapon is not realistic, and functionally speaking, not advantageous in the game (due to crush through, and the mini "stun").

i merely walk outside of their strike range to dodge and back into my strike range and hit them. (easy to do once you have like 80 athletic)

maybe i'm just a lazy person but i never block unless using a shield. and it doesn't crush shields.

blocking using your weapon is not realistic, and functionally speaking, not advantageous in the game (due to crush through, and the mini "stun").

i merely walk outside of their strike range to dodge and back into my strike range and hit them. (easy to do once you have like 80 athletic)
Yeah weapon blocking is too clunky in this game. I only equip a shield even if I'm just going to stand around watching troops do stuff.
Otherwise best defense Just don't be there, kill them first and move your butt out of the way. However if it has crush through block still, it will crush through a shield, but at a lower chance or damage threshold, don't know what exact flavor of bull**** the mechanic uses lol.

Yeah weapon blocking is too clunky in this game.
yeah, the direction + block is a controller mechanic that doesn't work on pc

the crush through shield can happen, but i've only experienced it during a bug patch, when lords with 300 1h skills had an insane atk speed boost where their swings would be lightning fast and can crush through my shield. other than that, blocked every single hit 0 dmg. no need for direction control. i barely use a shield as it is. riding on a horse allows you to avoid 99% of hits

I love steppe bandit bosses.

They have no shield = easy to kill with a swift glaive or 2h axe. But great unit to recruit once you incapacitate them.

Plz keep.

I always bring bow/crossbow and shield and sword, and before the last kill I always shift to sword and shield so it is equipped before duel. They never even get to draw before I hit them, and if i f… up i have the shield so have never had your problem.

crazy how if you attempt a bandit boss who has high weapon skills with a nearly beginning of the game character you lose. huh, thats weird innit bruv

Back
Top Bottom