Stellaris(new Paradox major title about space)

Users who are viewing this thread

Wait, so you can actually excempt specific planets within a sector from that sector's "influence", while still technically being inside the sector? If so that solves my entire problem.

Wellenbrecher said:
There are some that remove the influence cost for removing them from sectors.
Only workaround there is.
This. But I suppose I misinterpreted then. My gripe is that I like the RP element of having my empire in sectors. But don't want them to be more than just an aesthetical touch.

That's just about the 25 influence cost for removing a system from a sector.

Teofish said:
My gripe is that I like the RP element of having my empire in sectors. But don't want them to be more than just an aesthetical touch.
I like that I can have the AI manage the development of dozens of colonies because otherwise I'd have no time to play the rest of the game. It takes forever to order building upgrades on developing planets, and you constantly have to go back to order new upgrades until they've caught up with your tech level (which, later in the game, means ~4 build orders per tile). That's a lot of mindless clicking I'd rather avoid.

Orion said:
Teofish said:
My gripe is that I like the RP element of having my empire in sectors. But don't want them to be more than just an aesthetical touch.
I like that I can have the AI manage the development of dozens of colonies because otherwise I'd have no time to play the rest of the game. It takes forever to order building upgrades on developing planets, and you constantly have to go back to order new upgrades until they've caught up with your tech level (which, later in the game, means ~4 build orders per tile). That's a lot of mindless clicking I'd rather avoid.

Hell I'd love it if you could automate them even further, with them having their own fleets, science and construction ships and armies. then again the wartime AI is kinda retarded so there's probably no need for sectors to be able to defend themselves. :sad:

They do make their own construction ships, and they should build mining & research stations around stars in the sector, as well as military stations if you set them to military focus.

Jhessail said:
Because you've built them all by yourself?

Mostly yes, but when sometimes my stations get blown up, I don't see any sector construction ships rushing to rebuild them. In fact, I usually just do a micromanagement round about once a year and rebuild them manually, with constructions ships from some arse end border of my empire. If something like that's faster than the automated solution... why is it even there?

They don't build the constructors right away. I assume they need enough minerals and energy production to support and build them, plus a spaceport. I've also seen the spaceports building spaceport upgrades.

Well it probably works, it just works too slowly. I usually micromanage less and less in these kinds of games as I reach late game, but it's still slower than myself.

There's a chance to create tile blockers when using full bombardment. Other than that... unfortunately not as far as I know.
Probably gonna be a patch/DLC including planet crackers though.

I work around it some times when I want to make an example of someone's capital by bombarding the **** out of it, wiping the populace, then using the console to turn it into a barren or toxic world.

Even "primitive" races can turn their homeworlds into tomb worlds once they hit the atomic age, but massive stellar empires can't. This is bull****. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom