Steamworks Key Too Big

Users who are viewing this thread

thegreat1101 said:
Same problem with me... Just summited a complaint to steam hopefully they resolve the issue soon. Such an awesome game I really hope this doesn't turn too many people away.

I'm honestly in awe that so many people aren't willing to wait. I mean, they got the game for %75 off, it can't be too torturous to wait for a day or two for Steam to fix it. But hey, there's always the demo up to level 7 until then. As for turning people off, I hope they see it's not Taleworlds' fault, but it isn't looking that way  :sad:

like people have said it has happened before, they should deffinently learn from their first mistakes and stock up on cd keys before selling the game. It just frustrates us.

From what I did notice is :
- Steam uses a different type of keys to activate games than M&B does. Well the cd key you're seeing under your "Cd key" in Warband is actually the M&b warband steam key, not the game's activation key. Must had been a mistake. Go copy that key and try activating it on steam you'll see.

It would had made sense if you had experience. Also you don't have to do it, but here you go.

- Click on M&B Warband in your steam game list. Move the cursor to the right on the CD KEY. Then copy that cd key (copy to clipboard or w/e ). Now go and click on "Add game" it's on the left side bottom, "Activate product on steam" and put the key in. You'll see it tells you that you already got that game on steam aka M&B WARBAND, which means that key is the activation key on steam and not the actual game activation key.

MasacruTheArcher said:
It would had made sense if you had experience. Also you don't have to do it, but here you go.

- Click on M&B Warband in your steam game list. Move the cursor to the right on the CD KEY. Then copy that cd key (copy to clipboard or w/e ). Now go and click on "Add game" it's on the left side bottom, "Activate product on steam" and put the key in. You'll see it tells you that you already got that game on steam aka M&B WARBAND, which means that key is the activation key on steam and not the actual game activation key.

You already have this game activated blah blah blah steam will start downloading it now.

Everybody is saying this isn't TaleWorld's fault.... I have 70 games on steam, and this is the first one that has required me to manually enter a CD key. If TW wanted to sell it on steam, they should have made a steam friendly version.

Same problem for me. hope Steam will fix it soon.

@veovis:
If I see it correctly, it has advantages...
as soon as steam delivers the right CD-Key for the game,
we will be able to download and play the game totally independent of steam
(i.e. download it directly from taleworlds as well as play it without steam running)

i sign that problem for a buddy of mine.

his key really is 5x5. i checked mine and its 4x4.

we juzz wunned two bley!!! *cries*

how will he see that steam gave him a real key?

Yeah, I just got this problem as well, just when I was so pumped to play cRPG. I got it on sale, and I can understand that they were overwhelmed and ran out of keys. Sucks that Taleworlds is getting some bad rep for Steam's mistake though.

"Its also on Amazon for 5 bucks but I don't know if they're having the same key problem. Digital purchase, too."

"They are having the same problem. It's a universal key shortage, apparently. "

Guess it isn't just Steam. The game is cursed by it's own popularity.

steam tells you "already activated" or "you already got the game!" then.

thats written on the steam-forums.

@Archonsod + Illuminu:

I just brought the game on the deal, none multipack version of warband.

Only has 5 x 5 activation code which is already activated on the steam cloud, just no CD to unlock the game,

It's probably just a simple mistake somewhere but I hope it gets sorted out very soon.

Acid-NN-9 said:
OMG! I can´t believe it.... Steam $$$$$
I dont think so, I only see them ££££$$$$ when the game gets really popular, look at TF2. basicly runescape now how they talk about hats and like $20 for one. Crazy

cexization said:
Crussader said:
I just dont get it why ppl buy games trough steam? isnt it easier just to pursh key from there site??? and its much more safetier :smile:

because its 5 Euros on steam
yup I'm cheap, also have many games/friends on steam so its easier to connect to them.

Archonsod said:
The 5 x 5 key sounds like it's the actual serial you'd get in the box to activate the game on Steam. Someone want to try doing a manual activation (in Steam go to the game menu, then "activate a product on Steam") and try entering the Steam key there and see if it activates Warband?

Just chiming in that I have the same CD-key problem and trying the "Activate a product on Steam" button just tells me that it's already activated. Yet when I run Warband it asks for a CD-key. I do hope this is resolved soon.

Got the same problem.. Was really looking forward to playing this game, but of course life can never be fine, there's always something ****ing it up...

Back
Top Bottom