Steam's community - WARBAND Clan Leaders (WCL)

Users who are viewing this thread

SO! we have 5 clan-leaders and war-arrangers and 3 invite now.

[RS] Neud_RS
[RS] BlackCorsair_RS
[22nd] King_Plazek
[IG] SCGavin
[COR] MaHuD
[tw admin and HK] Scipio

invite:
Eirikur, OLL_Jezze, niccofattori

NeuD.ef said:
BULLDOG_Nditions said:
Steam - Piculina (BULLDOG)

Steam - Hamalech (Guard_Bane - Clan Organiser)

Clan - The Bulldog Clan

sry, You need to have more matches played with other clans

Ah. Ok. Well, sorry then... when Bulldog posted you did not have this rule.
I didn't realise it was such an elite organisation! So Clans have to be 'serious' (except for the hoboknights?), and have to have played against the Clans who came from beta.
Well, the BD Clan hopes that one day it will achieve this honoured status.
I guess we don't qualify for an exception? Damn, if only I had played beta too...

Thank you for your time. I hope your organisation succeeds in promoting a sense of community among the Clans.

NeuD.ef said:
NOTE: to be added to the community of the clan leaders (WCL), your clan must be in the list of clans (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,104838.0.html) that have marked Active and Competive, have more than 20 active players and play more than 5 games with the old clan, known to the beta-test (22nd, RS, AB, Einhärjar and others ...) The rule shows the true state of your clan and you, as the clan leader.

I don't see a point in this. If this group is supposed to make inter-clan communication and match-organisation easier, there is no need to make it invitation only or to restrict access to clans that fulfil the above mentioned requirements. If this is supposed to be some group of elite-clan-leader-buddies I don't see a need for it and would rather not be part of it.

SCGavin said:
I don't see a point in this. If this group is supposed to make inter-clan communication and match-organisation easier, there is no need to make it invitation only or to restrict access to clans that fulfil the above mentioned requirements. If this is supposed to be some group of elite-clan-leader-buddies I don't see a need for it and would rather not be part of it.

Agreed.

I'd have thought that this would be far more useful if every clan could be admitted, otherwise the numbers would be so small as to make it not worth the effort.

Maybe a Steam group for 'not-so-elite-Warband Clan Leaders' has to be made as well now?  :neutral:

It's not a matter of elite-not elite.

We are not a serious clan ourselves! :wink:

The point is, that new clans are popping out of nowhere every day.
Every single day.

Yes, maybe the rules are a bit strict, but something like 15 members and 2 matches (not necessarily with bigger clans) will probably work quite fine.

Nikephoros said:
Yes, maybe the rules are a bit strict, but something like 15 members and 2 matches (not necessarily with bigger clans) will probably work quite fine.
In regards to the number of members I agree. With only 5 or so scrims and matches are quite pointless. I however don't think that they have to fought matches. Who controls how many matches they fought? What classifies as "match"? Where do they have to record them? Who verifies that these records are correct ("We played against XYZ, YZX, and ZXY!")? And why is the number of matches important anyway? It might say something about their experience and their attendance in matches, but I think just trying to fight them and seeing how it works would work just as good.
In the case that there should be clan that doesn't show up to matches or if they behave absolutely unacceptable, all members of the group should decide if they will be removed the group. I however don't see why they should be excluded from the start if they can't show records of matches.

The way i see it, it's not being excluded, it's just giving a proof of your serious intention of being a competitive WB clan.
But we can't go with "feelings", we must set some rule to discern :wink:

Clan Matches are hard to certify, but the lifespan of a clan?

Nikephoros said:
The way i see it, it's not being excluded, it's just giving a proof of your serious intention of being a competitive WB clan.
But we can't go with "feelings", we must set some rule to discern :wink:

Clan Matches are hard to certify, but the lifespan of a clan?

"The clan has to be in existence for a minimum of two weeks (14 days) and has to have at least 15 active members."
I suppose something like this would be okay. However I still see a point for letting clans join that don't fulfil those requirements. They could ask for tips how to train, how to recruit members, how to organize their clan and for that such a group would be handy. Therefore I still see arguments in favour of them joining. The only argument I see against it, is that they can't really fight in matches, but a simple conversation on steam ("How many members can you field" - "5" - Okay, no match then") could clear that up without to many problems. I don't expect them to troll (at least not because of their lack of members or existence) and can't really say how it would hurt if they were in the group.

Perhaps something like this which is trying to build a community between clans would benefit from being less insular and more welcoming of newer players and clans. There are people who didn't play Beta but can still be perfectly nice you know.  :wink:

Flood here it is not pertinent. If the clan plays more than 5 matches and in him will be more than 20 players - its clan of the leader will always add in this community.

Clans-something ephemeral and the clans which are not playing CW aren't necessary in community.

Play, win, lose, worry, stand clan as the real military group and you will be in community.
If can't organise active clan - to you not place community WCL.

If the clan plays WARBAND seriously and wants to taken seriously, then that clan must have a topic for their commanders and not a list of honorary degrees, and a list of match results. For example:

RS Clan Matches:

01/02/2010 - BoA  18:2 Victory
09/02/2010 - irc://  10:10 Draw
10/02/2010 - TK      9:1 Victory
21/02/2010 - ZHG  7:6  Victory
24/02/2010 - IPL    22:2 Victory
28/02/2010 - 22nd  0:20 Defeat
29/02/2010 - Boh    17:3  Victory
07/03/2010 - Einherjar 13:7 Victory
21/03/2010 - IG      10:10 Draw
24/03/2010 - OLL+ZHG 13-6 Victory
11/04/2010 - 22nd+RS vs Einherjar\Shieldings+SZ 15-5 Victory
28/04/2010 - Einherjar\Shieldings 18-1 Victory
11/05/2010 - Boh  12:7 Victory
30/05/2010 - 22nd  0:18/2  Defeat
06/06/2010 - DRZ 14:5/1  Victory
12/06/2010 - СOR 6:13/1 draw Defeat
23/06/2010 - COR 19-0/1 draw Victory

Surely also the smaller clans are the ones that really need help in communicating. The veteran clans have probably done it all before and so have far less need of this, except possibly for communicating with the newer clans.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom