SteamPunk Online ; OMG SCREENSHOTS OMG OMG

Users who are viewing this thread

flag2.png

Still not entirely happy with the colours. For the second native nation.

Also I'm giving you large sizes in case you need them but I also tried to make sure the design was geometric and could easily be reduced.

Rationale for Design:

Blue on the right stands for the water, I added the triangle because it seemed sort of different and deceitful, and finally the whole yellow circle red background is more of an Asian-ish symbol and you mention they have some Asian roots.

MoP, you're still using GM 7, right? You REALLY should move to 8. It's all compatible, and the engine was greatly improved. The sprite editor is WAY better(It uses actual transparency now!), the code viewer has highlighting and better line numbering, and games are compiled in C++ now, which means they run a lot better too. GM7 serials work fine with it, I switched the college network over to it a few weeks back.

Yea, but I can't switch. I don't have the mooonnnnneeeyyy. I have the lite version of GM8 and I've been practicing with its features, but I don't think I'll ever own it.

Am I ever getting comments on the flags I've done? Do you want me to do more are you using the ones I've posted, do you have suggestions? I mean what?

I have Pro for GM7, but not 8.

@Trooper:
The French Flag is excellent. Good representations and use of colors.
The Artinian Flag is great, they have Asian roots and the use of a triangle is indeed different. I think I get what you were thinking while designing the flag and it is good.

Yea... I got bored and while I was working on fixing the SPO attack glitch, I made this:
http://steampunkonline.wikia.com/wiki/Steampunk_Online_Wiki

So yes, if you want, join up and help me make some pages. I know its a bit early in the games development to even have a wiki, but you could do things like grammar fixes or suggestions Etc, perhaps make a page I hadn't thought of that would seem like a good idea. And I'm still working on that glitch.

Hmm. Won't run due to lack of Master.ini  :razz:

Just a thought, but it might be an idea to have the game check for it and create one if it doesn't exist. Saves on space when uploading/downloading, and all in all just looks cleaner and makes the game more portable. Not exactly a priority, though. Giving me a copy, however... :lol:

Okay, took a look through while I was waiting and (Other than using Drag and drop) the cannon event in obj_player was missing an end block at the end. Also checking for collision in a collision event is somewhat...Redundant. More specifically, I get the idea - It's to check that the cannon belongs to the player. But all it'd require for a complete weapon ****up is for someone to be stood close enough for the cannon to touch 0,0 at any point. You'd be better off assigning the weapon to the player on creation. If you want, I'll dig out the chunk from my old game that does just that. Granted, it does it for bullets, but it'd work for the weapon here too.

In any case I rewrote it in GML because I'm a bored, picky bastard and wanted to see if I could still do it in notepad :grin:

Ah. Well, I figured it'd ran into some problems, I found a run script event that didn't point to any script. I'll dig up what I can after I fix the mouse bug.

Oh, before I forget, where is the work variable used? I only glanced around, but couldn't find it being used.

I used it to check if the mouse was "work"ing, Its checked for in the left mouse button pressed event, should be set to 1 upon clicking but it never does.

Yeah, I found that. I was just wondering if it was used anywhere.

I kinda never learned to use the debug mode  :lol:

I fixed things by noticing something ****ed up, if I couldn't figure out what went wrong I repeat what I did using more extreme numbers. Bugfixing is much more fun when it entails jumping through the roof and falling to your death.

Can't be that hard to use :razz:

Back
Top Bottom