SteamPunk Online ; OMG SCREENSHOTS OMG OMG

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuckles said:
Tuckles said:
SteampunkBackdrop.bmp

Huh, you didn't use my wall retexture then?
Oh, right. Well at least now we have 2(and perhaps 3 if Calodine is going to do what I think he is) varieties of bunkers.

Looks a bit flat other than the windows, so someone might want to touch it up/use it as a front for something else. I imagined the bit at the top holding something. What, I don't know. Possibly a cannon or some sort. I can do textures, but the actual drawing part? I suck horribly.

Also I may have forgotten the actual picture.

15xwkl0.jpg

Decided I should update something.

Yes, I know I promised the beta about a week ago. Yes, I know I'm late. Other things have gotten in the way(groundings, trips to shop for food, get a haircut, etc...) So I haven't been able to work on the SPO for a bit now. Theres only one final step to releasing the beta, and thats adding in AI.

For simplicity the map will just be horizontal(meaning you can't jump up to further areas). This makes it easier to program AI, since they will largely have no idea for WHEN to jump, HOW far to jump, or WHY to jump.

Look up. Just noticed that I described the flaws in the picture but forgot to post it. Again, if somebody draws me up something, I can texture the **** out of it.

Alright. As some of you can tell by the title, I started a competition. What competition you ask? Well I saw SupaNinjaMan's building sprites for each team.
These:
base.png
So I suddenly realized, after reading his comment, that they need something more then a color to represent what nation they are or some such. As the world SPO takes place in is a much different one, I invite the spriters or any random person here to submit a flag we could strap onto those buildings to give them nationality.

Figured I could start the Class overviews again.
Two Handed Sword... another archaic weapon that Serva's military still employs. No one is sure why, its much less useful then the Halberd.
Some suggest that its roots as a destructive yet cheap weapon(once Steam Engines were used to mass produce them) that they are to well drilled into Servan minds to get over the weapon. Despite the fact that repeating rifles and machine guns are used to devastating effect, the sword remains not only as a sidearm for most classes, but a vicious close combat one. Its speed is unrivaled, it even attacks faster then the rifleman can bolt his gun. But its the easiest to block(if you time it right) and does very weak slash attacks.

The Two Hander's armor is a Duracite breast and back plate, with a trench coat that covers the (yes, duracite) leggings and boots. His helmet is more of a fancy hat, similar to a Doppelsoldner from Earth. The helmet is not any good against a bullet, so stay out of range! 

Also, Modern/Future history of Serva will be posted on the forums. This has some use for the future.

Ok. Some good news.
I got some music working right in the game, it chooses a random one to play at the main menu. I have a huge collection of gunshots and various other effects now, to the point it takes forever to save the executable(not a problem really)

A few sprites are required, you can post them here or PM me:

- Animation of Halberdier stabbing(just modify the pikeman, hes a halberdier now)
^ This one might be a slight challenge, as there are no templates for stabbing. Well, we have to start somewhere. Include a template with your stab animation to make future jobs easier.

- Animation of Halberdier dying(some varieties, please, like if he got stabbed in the gut, headshot, etc etc...)

- Halberdier flinching(bullet hit but not fatal)
- Halberdier Limping(low health)

Also, no one but Calodine is interested in flags?

OK, some good news and a nice update.

Good news:

rejenorst has given me permission to use his music in SteamPunk Online(and possibly later games I/we make) so we now have plenty of music available for use. Some is epic, and some is saddening. War is both of those things, aye?

Revilo has done some flags for us after I gave him the history. He's redoing a couple currently, then I might post them here for you all to see.

Back
Top Bottom