Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

Users who are viewing this thread

randomcode said:
When launch mod in multiplayer, it crashed

By the way, i can't launch warband steam version.What's the problem?
Multiplayer mods on the workshop are bugged for some reason.

Have you re-verified your game cache?

Firestorm said:
randomcode said:

bugged? it means that we can't play multiplayer mod in workshop, right?

As for the warband steam  version, i have verified, but didn't work. But it can work these  days, it may cause that i upgrade graphic driver.

randomcode said:
Firestorm said:
randomcode said:

bugged? it means that we can't play multiplayer mod in workshop, right?

As for the warband steam  version, i have verified, but didn't work. But it can work these  days, it may cause that i upgrade graphic driver.
Correct

Apparently it doesn't accept fx files like the essential mb.fx if you're using custom shaders like my mod, is this correct or there is something wrong?

I am not sure if this was ever covered but I would very much like some info on this topic.  I love to edit mods in tweakMB but Steam has made it extremely difficult.  I have found where the workshop mods are installed but the folders are not labeled with the mod name, just some number.  How can I tell which mod is which?  I tried looking at the module.ini file but the module name tells me nothing except "Calradia"... on all of them.  Help...please!!!  I am at my wits end with no more hair to pull out.

greenplasticarmyguy said:
Somebody said:
Just look at main.bmp for the preview picture or read factions.txt or something that the mod changed.

Is there any danger in renaming the file once I figure out the name?

There's also
Code:
steam_workshop_items.xml
inside of the Modules folder. That's the file the engine uses to find the correlation between the mod name you see in the launcher/configuration tool and the actual Steam Workshop folder it should locate.

Open it with a text editor and the path should appear crystal clear.

By the way, that long string of numbers is the Steam prop ID, also used by things like published Steam screenshots and uniquely identifies other user-related content. You can go to the Steam community page of the mod by appending it to an URL like this, for example:

Code:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299974223

Sherlock Holmes said:
Do updates still not work? Crashes when I try to update.

I have been doing regular updates for The Last Days in the Workshop for the last year or so. Everything seems to work so far.
The uploader provided by TaleWorlds is more than a bit finicky and tricky to use, though. I understand the lack of content.

(I've had to hex edit it to allow me to post GLSL shaders and PDFs after asking CaptainLust and receiving a response but no fix in months.)

Thank you for all your help, but alas another minor issue has arisen.  I have all of the workshop mods in the module folder, however I have many more mods installed not through Steam but through Nexus.  They appear in the launcher but not the folder and I have no idea where to begin to look.  Any help that you can give will be met with eternal gratitude and possibly my first born (ok maybe not that, but the second born definitely).

Code:
Do you want to overwrite your old description                                   
Enter "YES" or "NO"                                                             
yes                                                                             
Uploading workshop item..                                                       
The item update is processing configuration data                                
The item update is reading and processing content files                         
The item update is uploading content changes to Steam. Currently we cannot show the upload progress. Please be patient.                                         
Uploading item failed with result: 37

Ikaguia said:
Code:
Do you want to overwrite your old description                                   
Enter "YES" or "NO"                                                             
yes                                                                             
Uploading workshop item..                                                       
The item update is processing configuration data                                
The item update is reading and processing content files                         
The item update is uploading content changes to Steam. Currently we cannot show the upload progress. Please be patient.                                         
Uploading item failed with result: 37
Put your input.ini file contents. Try also to reverify your warband game cache.

Code:
## Example:
## update -mod batata.ini -id 600993708 -changes aaa
## publish -mod input.ini -icon TESTMOD.png

## Commands
## printPublishedFiles
## printTags
## printExtensions
## update -mod batata.ini -id 600993708 -icon batata.png -changes batata
## publish -mod <newmodfile.ini> -icon <preview.png>

## change description doesnt work for now,
## upload percentage doesnt work

## The title which is shown in steam workshop interface
module_title = Native batata

## The folder name of your module 
file_module_name = Native batata

## The tags of your module  
tags = Gameplay

## The description of your module
description = batata

## Can be public, private, friends only 
## First publish is always private. On update you can change visibility
visibility = public
I'm using batata.ini instead of input.ini because it seems like input.ini gets overwritten everytime I update the mod(I had done it sucessfuly before, but now its giving me that error)

Ikaguia said:
Code:
## Example:
## update -mod batata.ini -id 600993708 -changes aaa
## publish -mod input.ini -icon TESTMOD.png

## Commands
## printPublishedFiles
## printTags
## printExtensions
## update -mod batata.ini -id 600993708 -icon batata.png -changes batata
## publish -mod <newmodfile.ini> -icon <preview.png>

## change description doesnt work for now,
## upload percentage doesnt work

## The title which is shown in steam workshop interface
module_title = Native batata

## The folder name of your module 
file_module_name = Native batata

## The tags of your module  
tags = Gameplay

## The description of your module
description = batata

## Can be public, private, friends only 
## First publish is always private. On update you can change visibility
visibility = public
I'm using batata.ini instead of input.ini because it seems like input.ini gets overwritten everytime I update the mod(I had done it sucessfuly before, but now its giving me that error)
Change the file name to input.ini copy all of the text in the file. Reverify your cache and then overwrite it with the text you saved earlier.

Everything works perfectly fine until I´m gonna write in "mbw_workshop_uploader.exe" into the cmd. It says it can´t find the searchpath (I´ve got mine in swedish, so meaybe not the best translation). It can find all the other paths, please help me!

@Lever
Delete the junk in root.
Reinstall Warband.
If you dont see mbw_workshop_uploader.exe, something is wrong.
==============================
I cannot get the uploader to work. It flashes then disappears.
When I copy the exe and rename as uploader2, then use the same publish command, I get this:
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband>mbw_workshop_uploader2.exe publish -mod input.ini -icon BWREWORKED.png
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 48700
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198022713672 [API loaded no]

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband>
No error messages, no uploads.

gdwitt said:
@Lever
Delete the junk in root.
Reinstall Warband.
If you dont see mbw_workshop_uploader.exe, something is wrong.
==============================
I cannot get the uploader to work. It flashes then disappears.
When I copy the exe and rename as uploader2, then use the same publish command, I get this:
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband>mbw_workshop_uploader2.exe publish -mod input.ini -icon BWREWORKED.png
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 48700
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198022713672 [API loaded no]

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband>
No error messages, no uploads.

First of all, move
Code:
mbw_workshop_uploader.exe
(and copy
Code:
steam_api.dll
with it) to the Modules folder and run it from there.

Secondly, this uploader seems to use the mod name to look up the mod folder (instead of using
Code:
file_module_name
as documented), so put your mod's folder in all those fields. You can always rename the mod from the Workshop web page. That's how I do it, inconvenient as hell, but folders with spaces don't seem to work. You can debug what the uploader is doing by using Process Monitor and logging which files and folders have been opened.

Another important thing seems to be always adding the icon as an additional argument, otherwise crashes.

--

What I'm now trying to do is to automate all this crap in my buildbot. Would be neat to have something like
Code:
steamcmd
but for uploading Workshop mods without having to keep a Windows machine somewhere else logged-in with your credentials 24/7.

It's inconvenient for the team having to depend on one person to deploy all those changes.

Recently tried to update the perisno mod on the steam workshop but I have encountered a new error

Uploading item failed with result: 25

Anyone know what this means?

Edit - the workshop log shows that the update was successful but the launcher itself does not and it does not seem to update on the workshop

Back
Top Bottom