Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

Users who are viewing this thread

Captain Lust said:
We have updated the beta to include a password, which is "betapassword".

Betas without passwords sometimes don't work properly on Steam, would you be able to try again?

Works now thanks. Perhaps you should update the OP too.

I am having a problem.

I want to upload a mod to the Workshop, but when I go to BETAS, nothing is there. Just the "NONE - Opt out of all betas"
I have steam cloud on.

TheGME said:
I am having a problem.

I want to upload a mod to the Workshop, but when I go to BETAS, nothing is there. Just the "NONE - Opt out of all betas"
I have steam cloud on.

I don't think you need to be in the beta to have the workshop and its uploader anymore.

[hr /]

Personally, I've run into a problem where whilst subscribed to my mod, and I launch Warband that Steam crashes, in addition to the mod itself not actually downloading after steam said it was downloading. Since everyone else seems to be doing fine, I assume it's something I'm doing wrong.

I have a slight difficulty with this. Whenever I upload a mod, even following the instructions to a T, the mod does not appear when downloaded, and in the mod folders are just a set of text files. Is there any way to remedy this?

It is really great that it has become possible to use the Steam Workshop for Warband now! :grin:
However, I spend most of yesterday night trying to upload a mod, only to end up frustrated, since nothing I seemed to do worked :sad:
I have zipped my module folder (or more precisely - its content), made a new .ini file that has the correct information and created a suitable icon for my mod in 512 * 512...
But when I use the .exe file to upload my mod, it tries to, but after a while it says "sharing failed". It succeeds in uploading both the .zip file along with the .png image, succeeds in sharing the icon, but fails sharing the .zip file. What am I supposed to do?

I have tried changing the name of both the .ini file and the .png image, I have tried being both in and out of the beta in Warband, I have restarted both steam and my computer and I have tried to both max out and minimalize the content of my .ini file... I am at a loss here. Any help? :smile:

Thanks!

Is it supposed to take this long after the upload? It said "Zip file finished uploading to cloud" about an hour ago, and windows task manager says there's no network traffic coming from mbw_workshop_upload.exe anymore. The program itself just says "This may take a while..." while steadily utilizing ~15% of one of my CPU cores.

edit: oh, no wonder, it has a 200mb zip size limit. d'oh, i missed that part. gonna enlarge it anytime soon?

lukesky36 said:
can you try removing the id thing for the modules or find another solution for it i hope so
The ID will be there but the game won't read it, so multiplayer mods etc. will be compatible. This is the best solution for us, to avoid mods interfering with one another.

Propaganda said:
How i can upload map.Only mp map,it is possible?Same as CS:GO.
This probably isn't appropriate for the Workshop. It's more appropriate for full models.

TheGME said:
I am having a problem.

I have steam cloud on.
You don't need the beta anymore, removing that from the OP.

Jormungandre said:
I have a slight difficulty with this. Whenever I upload a mod, even following the instructions to a T, the mod does not appear when downloaded, and in the mod folders are just a set of text files. Is there any way to remedy this?
Can you link the specific mod?

phlpp said:
edit: oh, no wonder, it has a 200mb zip size limit. d'oh, i missed that part. gonna enlarge it anytime soon?
Yes, soon.

Hello,

yesterday I tried to upload my mod to the steam workshop. I partly succeeded, the mod showed up in the steam workshop, but it did not work due to a small mistake I made. I fixed the mistake but cant update my mod. I've been trying to update it since yesterday evening. The workshop uploader tells me all files are shared and the mod is updated but it also tells me that the command does not exist. I followed the instructions carefully and multiple times.

My mod is called: Bram Knol's Despair Armors

It took a while but eventually I almost got it right I think. But  it ends at "99.5Failed!". Does this mean that my mod is too large or is there some other issue?

bramknol said:
My mod is called: Bram Knol's Despair Armors
Good stuff, just like your short film. Is it ok to use it in a mod if credits are given to you?

(sorry to be a downer, and if this post is in the wrong place, let me know and I'll delete and repost it elsewhere)

I think Workshop support is great for people who want it, but sorry, I don't, and it's screwing things up for me. I forget how many times M&B:W has refused to start for me in the last few days, because Steam has insisted on an 'update' for the game. Yesterday I had no internet, and ordinarily when there's no internet, I can still play Steam games in Offline Mode. However (before my internet tanked, and while I was asleep), Steam had registered an update required for M&B:W. It wouldn't start even in Offline Mode :sad: No M&B:W for me for an entire day! So very sad.

Does anyone know how I can opt right out of Workshop? Or are these incessant 'updates' going to cease at some point?

Secondary to that, is it possible for me to use my Steam game key to register my game with TaleWorlds, and perhaps download the game from them, so that I don't have to use Steam at all? Paying for it again isn't an option (simply don't have the money), and as it is, I'll have to take my PC to a pal's house and use their speedy internet to download the game (yes, really)

EDIT: TaleWorlds are awesome. CD Key registered, and I'll be downloading a (glorious!wonderful!) non-Steam version soon.

Captain Lust said:
phlpp said:
Yes, soon.

By how much exactly? At least then we can make preparations if needed to try and be within the limit. Though i do doubt any of us with full conversions will ever likely to be able to upload our mods here.

@Captain Lust how large will you increase it to? cause its like impossible to upload large mods like overhaul mods such as perisno as i can only compress it down to 1.29 gigs

most of the total conversions like Brytenwalda or ACOK range from 800mb to 1.2gb. i was able to get mine down to 399mb by being creative, but the m&b mod scene would be missing a lot without those first two, AD1257, Prophesy of Pendor, Floris, Perisno, and so on

Back
Top Bottom