Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, bundle a copy of the module folder of the DLC with your translation on top and click to check the DLC requirement in the Workshop mod profile page so that only people who own it can play it. That should be it. There's no way for the game to know what you are trying to do, each mod works independently. At the very minimum there should be a module.ini for the game to detect the folder and appear in the drop-down list. So yeah, duplicate everything.

unknown.png
unknown.png

I understand. So the best way is to manually copy files from Workshop to Warband.
Thank you so much for your patience and your help :smile:

No, the best way is for you to copy the contents from the DLC folder (Modules/Viking Conquest/*) into Modules/Viking Conquest ITA/ or something, paste your languages/it folder in there and upload that. Don't make a Steam Workshop entry with instructions for people to copy stuff manually, maybe just do that in the less likely case they want to re-use their existing savegames, tell them how to move them to your modded version of the DLC.

By doing it this way they only have to click on Subscribe and play. But yeah, also try asking the DLC team, they may be happy to include it officially.

No, the best way is for you to copy the contents from the DLC folder (Modules/Viking Conquest/*) into Modules/Viking Conquest ITA/ or something, paste your languages/it folder in there and upload that. Don't make a Steam Workshop entry with instructions for people to copy stuff manually, maybe just do that in the less likely case they want to re-use their existing savegames, tell them how to move them to your modded version of the DLC.

By doing it this way they only have to click on Subscribe and play. But yeah, also try asking the DLC team, they may be happy to include it officially.
Thanks a lot Swyter! Your support is providential as always, we'll try that (y)

Does it mean that the translation will be automatically applicable only to the base Viking Conquest?
Let's say I want to both put the ITA translation and also subscribe to another Workshop mod that changes some textures; the only way to do it would be to first subscribe to the translation and then apply the texture changes manually in the folders, right?

Alternatively you could ask TW if they implement your translations into the game and DLC ^^
? A delightful idea indeed!

Warband mods don't really stack up like in Skyrim or Bannerlord. If such a texture swap mod exists they would also have to either bundle the whole DLC folder again or do what you were trying to do with manual replacements. The only change is pointing the users to use your folder (usually somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\48700\299974223) instead of the original one.

Just put that in the description, maybe also provide a place to download the translation files independently for those not using Steam/the Steam Workshop/wanting to install the ITA translation into a different mod pack.

That's what I would do, at least. Covers all the cases, giving choice, and still makes it easy to use in the most common case.

Last edited:
Hi, I recently created a small mod for warband. It is based from Viking Conquest. I'm trying to upload to steam workshop but having issues doing it. I followed all steps in uploading the mod, and in cmd I'm getting validation errors. Please see below:

File: "Britannia\fx_configuration.h", the extension .h is not valid
File: "Britannia\Your custom Sails\Custom Sail 01.psd", the extension .psd is not valid
File: "Britannia\Your custom Sails\Custom Sail 02.psd", the extension .psd is not valid
File: "Britannia\Textures\shadow_default.tga", the extension .tga is not valid
File: "Britannia\Textures\sun_bloom.tga", the extension .tga is not valid
File: "Britannia\Textures\Thumbs.db", the extension .db is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_diffuse_icon_seasonal.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_diffuse_icon_seasonal_SHDW.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_diffuse_no_shadow_season.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_diffuse_no_shadow_season_bump.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_diffuse_sea_foam.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_diffuse_sea_foam_SHDW.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_dot3_bark.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_dot3_bark_SHDW.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_dot3_season.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_dot3_season_SHDW.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_flora_map.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_flora_map_ALPHATEST.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_flora_season.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_flora_season_ALPHATEST.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_flora_season_grass.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_flora_season_grass_ALPHATEST.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_hair_shader_aniso_static.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_hair_shader_aniso_static_ALPHATEST.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_map_foam.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_map_font.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid

Please assist as I have no idea why I'm getting all these "not valid" errors.

Hi, I recently created a small mod for warband. It is based from Viking Conquest. I'm trying to upload to steam workshop but having issues doing it. I followed all steps in uploading the mod, and in cmd I'm getting validation errors. Please see below:

File: "Britannia\fx_configuration.h", the extension .h is not valid
File: "Britannia\Your custom Sails\Custom Sail 01.psd", the extension .psd is not valid
File: "Britannia\Your custom Sails\Custom Sail 02.psd", the extension .psd is not valid
File: "Britannia\Textures\shadow_default.tga", the extension .tga is not valid
File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_map_font.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
Please assist as I have no idea why I'm getting all these "not valid" errors.

Unfortunately you will have to use Valve's SteamCMD tool instead of the TaleWorlds Workshop uploader, which has a whitelist of allowed extensions and is generally pretty broken. While you shouldn't upload bloaty stuff like PSD files that the player won't use, the GLSL files are compulsory for your mod to work at all on Linux and macOS.

Look for my previous posts in this thread, I made a mini guide; the Valve tool works better and it lets you upload anything.

Hi, I would like to upload my slight overhaul mod for Warband onto Nexus, it has been made solely on the viking conquest module. Where can I go about asking permission to upload the mod? I am asking as the module has all assets from Viking Conquest.

Hi, I would like to upload my slight overhaul mod for Warband onto Nexus, it has been made solely on the viking conquest module. Where can I go about asking permission to upload the mod? I am asking as the module has all assets from Viking Conquest.
You find a detailed explanation here:

After publishing, post a thread here and report it to be moved to the released mod section:

Back
Top Bottom