Resolved Steam thinks Bannerlord is still running

Users who are viewing this thread

sparkypi

Recruit
Twice now I've closed out Bannerlord, once forcefully and once normally, and it just won't quit. This is the time I quit normally, I left it for 2 hours, and Steam still thinks it's running. Last time I got it to fully quit by closing Steam, so I don't think it's the game itself, but I don't think Steam is getting the notification that the game is shut down. I'd rather not have to close steam every time I want to stop playing bannerlord, lol.

Check the Task Manager, go to Details.

There is usually 1 or 2 launchers left unclosed. If you end them steam recovers.

I am having this issue when the game crashes ?

There is no Mount and Blade related launcher/exe running in Task Manager processes or details.

Another forum post managed to fix the issue by adding bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Bannerlord.exe as a non-steam game. Skips the launcher and related issues with it screwing up Steam.

There is no Mount and Blade related launcher/exe running in Task Manager processes or details.

Another forum post managed to fix the issue by adding bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Bannerlord.exe as a non-steam game. Skips the launcher and related issues with it screwing up Steam.
Restart your computer. Will probably get fixed as the game become more stable

I actually get this with a lot of games. Have to close Steam bootstrapper (all instances) and relaunch Steam. Seems to be more Steam-related than anything (as I force-close Bannerlord and it still says it is running in Steam.)

I have the same bug with the current 1.1.0 beta branch version. If i just start the Bannerlord launcher and close it without starting the game. Steam thinks that the game is running and can't close it. Have to close steam itself.

This is most likely a Steam-related bug, not a Bannerlord bug. It happens with numerous games in Steam and it is usually the Steam bootstrapper that causes the issue as Empress Ira stated. Try exiting Steam and ensuring that no Steam-related tasks are running, then open Steam and try starting the game again. In some cases, I have had to completely log out of Steam or even reboot the computer before things would go back to normal.

There is a Steam Support section specifically regarding this issue: HERE

Ackdam that Steam Suppose article you posted has nothing to do with Steam Bootstrapper not realizing the game closed. Furthermore this wasn't happening until the most recent Bannerlord patch. Thus the complaining. I just accidentally started Bannerlord when I was checking some mods out and now I have to restart steam again. Even disabling Bootstrapper as part of your start up won't fix that.

And don't say it's the Mods. Most Mods are currently light weight and won't cause CTD or effect the closing of the game.

Restarting your computer doesn't fix it either.

I know the article does not specifically state about the bootstrapper. The link was more for other options to try. Have you tried verifying the local files:

Right-click the game in the Steam library > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game files​

You may also want to try clearing the download cache:

Steam > Settings > Downloads > Clear Download Cache​

Side note: I am only listing things that have helped me with this issue in the past with other games.

This is most likely a Steam-related bug, not a Bannerlord bug. It happens with numerous games in Steam and it is usually the Steam bootstrapper that causes the issue as Empress Ira stated. Try exiting Steam and ensuring that no Steam-related tasks are running, then open Steam and try starting the game again. In some cases, I have had to completely log out of Steam or even reboot the computer before things would go back to normal.

There is a Steam Support section specifically regarding this issue: HERE
I have the same issue with the Epic Games Launcher ever since a recent update. Bannerlord is the only game I've noticed that currently does it.

Back
Top Bottom