Steam Force Exit

Users who are viewing this thread

Raineacha

Recruit
The game is running and playing wonderfully, hardly any issues, except one. Loading the game, playing it, all works wonderfully. My only issue is when I try to close the game, or exit out. I use Steam, and when I go to exit the game, Steam acts as if the game was never closed. It remains up on my friends list that I am playing, and it says running in my games list. The problem is that I can't do anything with Steam while that happens. The only fix I have found is if I kill the Steam task and restart it. It's not really a huge issue, just takes a couple of extra clicks. Thanks!

Steam isn't closing out the thread nicely. Given you mention your friends list the first thing I'd try is signing out of the community stuff and see if it still refuses to recognise the game is closed. If possible might also be worth putting the Steam client in offline mode and see if it generates the same result; I've seen it happen when antivirus or Windows defender gets a bit too aggressive on the process but most of the time I see it is Steam wanting to do something with the network and not being able to do so.

Great idea, tried it out and it seems to still happen. I did notice though, after I exited out in offline mode, in the background processes there is a BannerlordLauncher item that is still active, and using a chuck of CPU. Closing it though does nothing, and the problem still persists.

Another thing to note, when I do exit, I notice the actual Bootstrapper process that steam has. The memory usage is stuck at the last taken integer, and will not move. The CPU usage on the Bootstrapper itself is also causing a heavy power load, and CPU usage itself is raised.

Like I said before, this isn't completely gamebreaking, the game itself runs fine. But this is causing me to kill the Steam tast, and relaunch to get anywhere. Any other ideas?

Might be worth having a browse of the Steam logs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs to see if there's anything being logged by Steam when it's trying to close. The runprocess and service log would be worth checking.

Dug through a few of the logs. Most of it is showing when the bootstrapper task is being ended, but nothing is shown being in a hung or other state. The app log shows Bannerlord starting, and that is it, nothing changes or differs until the point that I task kill Steam.

Fixed it! Alright, so anyone who has this issue, hopefully this works for you. Long story short, it seems to be the Bannerlord launcher that you get initially from launch. For whatever reason this launcher hangs up when exiting the game. I went to the Bannerlord local files >bin>Win64_Shipping_Client and then run the Bannerlord.exe. That bypasses the launcher, and allows me to open and close Bannerlord without any issues. Hope this helps anyone else who might have this issue!

EDIT: So quick thing then for Steam players. Add that .exe as a non steam game, so you have it bookmarked with your other steam games from the launcher. When you launch Bannerlord.exe, it will then activate as if you are playing the game, to log hours and all the fun stuff!

Back
Top Bottom