Steam-DB Prophesies

Users who are viewing this thread

Noschkov

Sergeant at Arms
Because someone else asked for it and I am bored right now i thought it would be funny to have a dedicated thread where the people who follow steam-db can overanalyze the **** out of the movements over there that we see. :wink:

So, to start it up with something juicy today they just added a new test branch called "intern.test.client". For me this leaves a few options.
A: they have started testing for the post lanch integration of DLCs (would match with the "accidental release" of the elefant DLC we saw last patch.
B: They are testing new ways to integrate Mods into the client to get a better selection(right now all additional Mods and base game modules are thrown together into one list which is not very effective)

So with this said let the speculations begin :party:

Looks like the next live update has some problems. They started testing for it on monday and since then there were 5 live. test updates. So I think we could see a new patch tomorrow but it seems they have trouble getting it out.
Should be a hint that we could get 1.6 on live. 1.5.10 should be stable enought that they would not need so much time to prepare it.

Looks like the next live update has some problems. They started testing for it on monday and since then there were 5 live. test updates. So I think we could see a new patch tomorrow but it seems they have trouble getting it out.
Should be a hint that we could get 1.6 on live. 1.5.10 should be stable enought that they would not need so much time to prepare it.
Too early, they usually release a new update once a month

True, although I think it was mentioned by mexxico that 1.6.1 is in testing phase (or will be); I think the comment was made a few days ago (too bored to look it up).

That said, it could always take a long time for the test/debug/test cycle to finish. I think we will not see the patch so soon.

Well at the moment they are only testing on the steam.live test branch. And this one was not updated for a long time not(1.5.10 is stil Beta.) So if they are testing 1.6.1 they have to make space in the beta section and with 1.6 being relatively bug free(compared to other patches) and a massive performance boost it could be a good idea to move 1.6 to stable and just skip 1.5.10 because otherwise they would have a large mess in their updates with 2 Betas at the same time when 1.6.1 comes out and so on.

Just if someone is interested, TW just added a new test build called fmod_test.
Anyone Ideas what this could be?

Just if someone is interested, TW just added a new test build called fmod_test.
Anyone Ideas what this could be?
Just asked this in the 1.6.0 thread before seeing this. Im also interested. Also, testing seems to be fairly regular, as theyve already went through steam live tests and internal.test.c

Just asked this in the 1.6.0 thread before seeing this. Im also interested. Also, testing seems to be fairly regular, as theyve already went through steam live tests and internal.test.c
I am pretty sure that intern.test.c is the test for the next major patch when beta ist still occupied with another build(so this should test 1.6.1)
The live-test was for the 1.5.10 hotfix we got 2 hours later.

Well at the moment they are only testing on the steam.ветвь живого теста. А этот уже давно не обновлялся(1.5.10-это все еще бета-версия.) So if they are testing 1.6.1 they have to make space in the beta section and with 1.6 being relatively bug free(compared to other patches) and a massive performance boost it could be a good idea to move 1.6 to stable and just skip 1.5.10 because otherwise they would have a large mess in their updates with 2 Betas at the same time when 1.6.1 comes out and so on.
1.5.10 it is no longer a beta version, but the main one

Because someone else asked for it and I am bored right now i thought it would be funny to have a dedicated thread where the people who follow steam-db can overanalyze the **** out of the movements over there that we see. :wink:
Thanks for the thread! *Clicks Watch thread and grabs popcorn*

Back
Top Bottom