Steam 5x5 Keys solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Daegoth said:
... you just have to right click on your game and select "View game CD key". That's all. You can use that key for playing Mount&Blade series without Steam.

Does this mean I should be able to use that 4x4 CD key that Steam is giving me now to play the non-trial version of a version 1.153 or 1.158 of Warband that I've downloaded from TaleWorlds?

Because I can't. I keep getting "Activation denied" when I try to use the Steam key.

Glockman said:
Dovafox said:
This is a huge bump, but is it in ANY ways possible, to convert the key from taleworlds to Steam?
Blockland had this system, but I know it's entirely different.

I have the same issue. Can I convert my key so I can use it in steam?

+1 same situation here...
Plus, a friend gifted me the Vinking DLC on Steam and I can't play cause of the old cd key  :cry:

hi everybody,
I bought Mount and blade, warband, with fire and sword and napoleonic wars on the old IMPULSE network ( GameStop now )
we all know it isn't working fine anymore.
I have a 4x4 key for every game mentioned before, but any of these keys are valid for activation on Steam.
I'm asking TellTale if you could give me a corresponding key to use on steam and simultaneously invalidate the keys for a standalone use, because I have no need for them anymore if I can run the games on steam.
Plus, I'd like to buy Viking Conquest on steam, but only if I'll be able to run warband on Steam too...

Thank you.

Skylee said:
hi everybody,
I bought Mount and blade, warband, with fire and sword and napoleonic wars on the old IMPULSE network ( GameStop now )
we all know it isn't working fine anymore.
I have a 4x4 key for every game mentioned before, but any of these keys are valid for activation on Steam.
I'm asking TellTale if you could give me a corresponding key to use on steam and simultaneously invalidate the keys for a standalone use, because I have no need for them anymore if I can run the games on steam.
Plus, I'd like to buy Viking Conquest on steam, but only if I'll be able to run warband on Steam too...

Thank you.

Steam allows you to add games bought somewhere else (like 3 on a month) as long it is on Steam game list and the key is valid.

Menus: Games -> Activate a Product on Steam

(dont use add external game option)

Hey I got a 4x4 seriel Key from steam but when I try to enter it in a older version of mount and blade warband I got from tales world it says "ACTIVATION DENIED!" How do I fix this?

DeZaA said:
Glockman said:
Dovafox said:
This is a huge bump, but is it in ANY ways possible, to convert the key from taleworlds to Steam?
Blockland had this system, but I know it's entirely different.

I have the same issue. Can I convert my key so I can use it in steam?

+1 same situation here...
Plus, a friend gifted me the Vinking DLC on Steam and I can't play cause of the old cd key  :cry:
Same here. It's odd. I was able to activate my other Taleworld games on Steam just not Warband. Says it's an invalid key.

Hello,

I have the following problem:

I used to have an old account here which I deleted long ago (can't remember the name of it), I registered my Warband, Napoleonic Wars and With Fire and Sword games here on the forums in order to get the little badges.

Now everytime I wan't to register my keys with my curent account, it says "An error occured".

Is there a possible solution to this problem?

Pilum

I'd like to activate a (Taleworlds) trial so I don't have to copy my mod over to a new location, but I get the same "activation denied" error as everyone else seems to be getting. Yes, it's only one or two files that I've changed, but as they say it's the thought that counts. (I got both games during a weekend sale on Steam. The original, which I downloaded the Steam demo of, is registered with no problem.)

Any help?

Daegoth said:
If you want to convert your 5x5 Steam key to 4x4 Taleworlds key, then you just have to right click on your game and select "View game CD key". That's all. You can use that key for playing Mount&Blade series without Steam.

This does not work steam only shows their 5x5 CD key. The link also provided in this thread is dead. Sure as hell wish Tale world would stop screwing around and just accept the 5x5 key like they did originally.

Nuts. I was thinking of getting the complete bundle through Steam for a Viking Conquest key, but I don't want to play on Steam. I thought they'd give you a key that would work with the normal installer from Taleworlds.

Edit: never mind, buying through Taleworlds didn't cost much more :grin:

So I guess this section is dead. I'm getting an error page when I try and convert my 5x5 Steam key to a Taleworlds one.

I guess this has been going on for years with no end in sight.

I can't convert my steam keys because both of the pages I try to convert on are both dead or buggy
The second link is all working. But not all of the cd-keys will be converted. The keys that are eligible for conversion was buggy keys. You can send me the details through PM and i can take a look at it.

Back
Top Bottom