Steam 5x5 Keys solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Same here, I just registered my 5x5 key, and it still displays as 5x5.

Its not that important to me to have a 4x4 key, since I use Steam for other things too, but it would be nice to know that I have the option of not using Steam :smile:

Hi guys same problem here, I entered my 5x5 cdkey in the main site and all I got was my key displayed as 5x5 in asteriscs with the 5 last digits visible. I need the 4x4 really bad since I play warbands in wine

I just converted the 5x5 CD-key into 4x4 one using the link provided in the first post.
Then I proceeded to re-register it over the 5x5 key, it gave me a
warning that the game will be replaced, I clicked "Add game to profile" and the
new CD-key appeared under Mount & Blade: Warband.
Everything is ok now.

Once again, my sincere thank you to Taleworlds' developers in general,
and especially to Daegoth for seeing this matter through to the end
and for providing us with original Warband activation CD-keys.
This proves me right in my opinion of Taleworlds as a responsible developer
and an active support for their products.
I would also like to thank Archonsod (the forum administrator) for pointing us
in the right direction with civility and politeness (unlike another administrator,
whom I won't name).
Despite discouraging comments made by some individuals, in the end
only the developers can make the difference, and in this case, they did.

Cheers and thanks!

P.S. I would also like to add an apology for any rude behavior I have displayed
on these forums. Whatever the case may have been, it was still wrong.

Thanks a lot !

What a great job !

Really proud that i have bought your game, you all devlopers are really nice to your comunity ! And that's much appreciated !

Can't wait to have other of your game, and let's hope maybe a Mac version one day ! And let's dream ! An Xbox/Ps version of your game !

Anyway thanks again !

Ive tried using the converter in the link, but it just says "Invalid serial code". Ive registred the game over steam a long time ago, but that shouldnt be a problem, right?

Comrade_Fregge said:
Ive tried using the converter in the link, but it just says "Invalid serial code". Ive registred the game over steam a long time ago, but that shouldnt be a problem, right?
If your CD-key is displayed in Steam in 5x5 format (5 times 5 characters) then you should be able to convert it.
If it's displayed in 4x4 format, then you don't need to convert it.
Other than that, there shouldn't be any problems.  :wink:

popovich said:
Comrade_Fregge said:
If your CD-key is displayed in Steam in 5x5 format (5 times 5 characters) then you should be able to convert it.
If it's displayed in 4x4 format, then you don't need to convert it.
Other than that, there shouldn't be any problems.  :wink:
Thank ye! I didnt even check in Steam, just the label on the back of the manual. The one I got from me Steam acc worked.

You know, I did not buy the steam version because of issues like this.  (Used Gamersgate instead)

However, I have to say that ever since I bought the M&B beta years ago that you have shown the utmost respect for your fans by dealing with issues like this in a timely and considerate fashion.  Thank you for your humanity.

Thanks! I thought it was never coming! (like any other developer would have done) Now I have a proper Warband key!!!

Daegoth said:
Hello everyone,

As some of you know, during a certain period of time, Steam provided you 5x5 keys instead of 4x4 keys. People who bought their game during that time, received those 5x5 keys. The disadvantage of those keys is that with those, you won't be able to install and play the game without Steam. In order to provide a solution, we allowed people who has those faulty keys to receive a 4x4 key from our web site. All you need to do is to register your serial key to Taleworlds site and it will automatically provide you a 4x4 key.

UPDATE: Sorry for the wrong explanation. You have to visit the link below in order to convert your 5x5 serial key to a 4x4 one:

http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=convertserial.aspx

If you have any questions or problems regarding this, please feel free to pm me.

Back
Top Bottom