Steam 5x5 Keys solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe that's the right place to ask here:

I'm currently playing M&B Warband on Desura. It comes with the xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx key, everything's fine & running.
However, I also want to install M&B on Steam. Entering that key doesn't unlock Warband on Steam, which is caused by a different key format, as far as I know.

Thing is: I need Warband on Steam for a certain mod that's not released on Desura. And yeah, it starts with a "N" :wink:

Linking Warband from Desura doesn't work for that mod - or I didn't do it right.

/ Edit /

Nevermind. I'll go for the non-steam version of that mod instead.

CptData said:
Nevermind. I'll go for the non-steam version of that mod instead.

Good. You'll save yourself a bit of a headache that way. :razz: As far as I know, TaleWorlds/Steam never have and never will allow you to activate a non-Steam copy of the game on Steam. If you want the game on Steam, then you buy it from Steam. You can only switch away from Steam, not to it.

Best of luck.

Hello people !
Advise please, recently bought a collection of Mount&Blade, with Fire and Sword game all right, but I can not play Warband (multiplayer), the Napoleonic Wars also stopped working after two days.
Sorry for my bad English.

Scully said:
Try contacting: support-at-taleworlds.com
Tried that, no answer for a week  :cry: are they on holidays? Are there no other ways at all to extract/convert a 4x4 cdkey from a 6x4 one?

Scipio_Africanus said:
Error "Unable to connect to server"

It may be a problem with your internet.

Chermy, have you tried using the key with steam? Also:
UPDATE #2: I've been getting too many messages regarding the converter. Please be informed that this converter was made only for a bunch of serial keys that were given from Steam in a different format. For people who have bought the game in 2011, this converter doesn't have any functionality. If you want to convert your 5x5 Steam key to 4x4 Taleworlds key, then you just have to right click on your game and select "View game CD key". That's all. You can use that key for playing Mount&Blade series without Steam.

Chermy, have you tried using the key with steam? Also:
UPDATE #2: I've been getting too many messages regarding the converter. Please be informed that this converter was made only for a bunch of serial keys that were given from Steam in a different format. For people who have bought the game in 2011, this converter doesn't have any functionality. If you want to convert your 5x5 Steam key to 4x4 Taleworlds key, then you just have to right click on your game and select "View game CD key". That's all. You can use that key for playing Mount&Blade series without Steam.
Well the thing is, I tried to install a mod that apparently needs to be run by its own exe (WSEloader.exe), but when I start this exe I get a windows saying I am playing in trial mode and need to enter a valid CD key. My steam key is MBWB-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx  (so 6x4 key) but in the serial input windows, it is 4x4 boxes (you can do it manually here too http://wact.taleworlds.com/manual.php but same problem).
However if I run it though steam it works perfect, but then I can't run some mods

WSE isn't even compatible with the current Warband version, so you might want to forget about it. If you downgrade your version for whatever reason, try WSE's thread. The mod maker is really knowledgable, so if you want to play the earlier version for whatever reason he should be able to help.

Is there still problems with this? The whole Mount&Blade Collection is on sale and my friend wants to buy it, although hes worried about invalid serials and trying to activate it. Theres no point in buying the game if you cant play multiplayer, etc...

I bought Warband on Steam and can play online trough Steam (sometimes I can't see servers, but most of the times it works perfectly). However, I can't convert my Steam key to an official key, so I can't link my TaleWorlds account to my game... And thus, I can't download the non steam version, that's what I'd prefer.

Kenairod said:
I bought Warband on Steam and can play online trough Steam (sometimes I can't see servers, but most of the times it works perfectly). However, I can't convert my Steam key to an official key, so I can't link my TaleWorlds account to my game... And thus, I can't download the non steam version, that's what I'd prefer.

I just bought a Steam copy today, I was able to active them on my profile without any conversion of any sort. My keys came 4x4.

Bluebarry said:
Kenairod said:

I just bought a Steam copy today, I was able to active them on my profile without any conversion of any sort. My keys came 4x4.

You are lucky, I bought Steam copy of Warband on Paradox Sale, my key is 6x4.

Hey there!

http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=convertserial.aspx is online again. You can use it to convert your 5x5 or 6x4 serial keys to 4x4 serial keys. Though it's only for the serial keys starts with DDS2H (5x5 serials) or MBWB (6x4 serials).

Have a nice day.

WARNING: EXTREMELY NOOBISH QUESTION APPROACHING
What is the difference between 5x5 codes and 4x4 codes, sorry but I have no idea.
And yes, I did use the search function.

Thane Delphi said:
WARNING: EXTREMELY NOOBISH QUESTION APPROACHING
What is the difference between 5x5 codes and 4x4 codes, sorry but I have no idea.
And yes, I did use the search function.

5x5 = 5 Numbers/Letters repeated 5 times. (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX)

4x4 = 4 Numbers/Letters repeated 4 times. (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX)

Ok, I bought this game off of the GamesStop app. They gave me a 4x4 key. I want a 5x5 key so i CAN activate it on steam... Can someone help me?

Seriously?...... This is very annoying because I got the game off the GameStop app, and they have me a 4x4. But the GS app sucks and doesn't update their games. So now I'm stuck with the old version and can't update mine. I want it on steam so it updates but I can't activate it without a 5x5 code...

Back
Top Bottom