Steam 5x5 Keys solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Read through the first page of this thread.

Not sure I understand, though.

If I purchase the game through Steam, can I then download the game directly from TaleWorlds without having to use Steam to play the game?

For example, Napoleonic Wars is on sale at Steam. I purchased Warband directly through TaleWorlds. Can I use Napoleonic Wars from Steam with my non-Steam version of Warband?

Thanks for any help!

Ernter said:
Error message: IP Banned [ roflmao ]
what did i wrong i just typed my serial Key and it showed: Invalid Key and then: IP Banned

Help me, please

I got the same problem. I bought the game in Poland in the 3rd day after premiere and i had played a lot on windows. Now I got mac and I got the program from Paul the Tall site and it need 4x4 serial key to work in fulll version. I got my 5x5 and while i wanted to convert it first i got "invalid serial key" and then "IP Banned". Help anyone, please! ...and sorry for my bad english.

@MOD: Oh, I can add that when I'm trying to get the key from Steam it shows: "Requesting key..." and nothing then. I was waiting over an hour and still nothing. I really want to play this game :sad:

@MOD2: Ehh, I think I was trying to convert the product key not a serial key (stupid me) and that's why the problem was. But I still need the serial key. Is there any other way then steam program to get it? I think they got some bug and that's why I can get only this anoying "requesting key..." message :/

@MOD3: It's ok for now, it was just mean about thet to steam that i should log from windows PC :wink:

really wish there happened to be a way to convert the 4x4 keys into the steam keys... :\ i got it on amazon because it said requires steam to play online.. messaged them and they said it was for the physical copies only... when it said it on the download version -.- got screeewed

Why does http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=convertserial.aspx not work?

UFO - 404! @ http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=convertserial.aspx
404.jpg

Daegoth said:
UPDATE #2: I've been getting too many messages regarding the converter. Please be informed that this converter was made only for a bunch of serial keys that were given from Steam in a different format. For people who have bought the game in 2011, this converter doesn't have any functionality. If you want to convert your 5x5 Steam key to 4x4 Taleworlds key, then you just have to right click on your game and select "View game CD key". That's all. You can use that key for playing Mount&Blade series without Steam.

Hi guys and gals,

It seems to me that you are not reading the first post thoroughly. You should do what is says but if "View game CD key" option gives you 5x5 serial key then you should send an email to [email protected] along with that wrong 5x5 serial key. We'll send you your correct serial key thought there shouldn't be anymore problems about it after all this time. And to the few unlucky fellow out there we'll help immediately after they contact with us.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Ragnor... Just waiting a permanent solution about this problem...

I get my (4x4) serial numbers from TWE thanks.. :smile:

Ragnor said:
Daegoth said:
UPDATE #2: I've been getting too many messages regarding the converter. Please be informed that this converter was made only for a bunch of serial keys that were given from Steam in a different format. For people who have bought the game in 2011, this converter doesn't have any functionality. If you want to convert your 5x5 Steam key to 4x4 Taleworlds key, then you just have to right click on your game and select "View game CD key". That's all. You can use that key for playing Mount&Blade series without Steam.

Hi guys and gals,

It seems to me that you are not reading the first post thoroughly. You should do what is says but if "View game CD key" option gives you 5x5 serial key then you should send an email to [email protected] along with that wrong 5x5 serial key. We'll send you your correct serial key thought there shouldn't be anymore problems about it after all this time. And to the few unlucky fellow out there we'll help immediately after they contact with us.

Hope this helps.

This is the Permanent solution. That convert form won't be public anymore.

I stopped using Steam to play Warband and now I need my 4x4 key (steam key is 5x5). Now I need to wait for an email instead of just using this instant function. Seems silly.

Daegoth said:

So, this isn't a functionality for you guys to convert your Steam keys, there were some faulty keys this was just to solve that problem.

My friend bought the game in Poland and unfortunately there is only 5x5 code on the game manual.

How the hell get the crap working WITHOUT having anything with that bloody steam?

thx in advance

---------------------------------------
not buying ANYTHING that comes with Steam or other s*** like that

deVada said:
My friend bought the game in Poland and unfortunately there is only 5x5 code on the game manual.

How the hell get the crap working WITHOUT having anything with that bloody steam?

thx in advance

---------------------------------------
not buying ANYTHING that comes with Steam or other s*** like that
You didn't bother to read the OP, did you? Your friend should activate his game on his Steam account, then just right click on Warband and then "View game cd key". It should be a 4x4 key that can be used to activate the non-steam game, which btw can be downloaded from here.

Back
Top Bottom