Stats

Users who are viewing this thread

Varus

Recruit
Personaly I allways like things like this, so I think it would be cool, if there was a section that kept track of your gamplay history:

Things like:
number of each type of enemie killed
prefered weapon
max damage dealt
best ranged shot made
toughest oponent killed
largest party defeated
etc...

Wow, I was just thinking of that last night. Good call, Varus. I support this suggestion 100%.

Nope... can't deny the proof before you.

catglass.jpg

I'm hoping that this is what the Statistics button in the character screen is for because it doesn't seem to do much for me at the moment :smile:

Add "Slaves sold"

One of the features which got me to try this game was the idea I could make money selling off my former enemies. It would be most gratifying to know just how often I've done that.

Also, such stats could be used to inform a retirement score should such a desireable feature (think Pirates! or Alpha Centauri) ever be implemented.

Yeah, I like career tracking screens too.

New pirates! has a good one that includes the usual stats, age retired, land aquired, ranks, gold and a list of which of the top 10 npc pirates you knocked off, including a cinematic of your victory (which is the same 2 movies over and over with a different skin, heh).

Yes, people keep mentioning this (stats, or shots made, or parties defeated) in passing but I think it deserves a bit more attention since once one has played awhile, we're seeking other things to keep us playing.

Improving one's stats isn't bad: especially if some sort of medals, ribbons, gold, titles or even in-game reward is involved.

Remember the Constable used to pay us a bounty for river pirates? There could be some gift from the King or Count along the lines of specially engraved armor, weapons, etc.

I would suggest examples of stat keeping be GTA: San Andreas or Pirates! among others.

Quite a bump there, Jonathan. :eek:

And yeah, like I've said before, I'd like statistics. I think having player stats, party stats, and hero stats would be nice.

In addition to the ones mentioned by Varus, I'd like the total number of kills and then the added number of kills and knock-outs, the number of friendly kills and, the number of times the person in question has been knocked out for the player and heroes and a casualty count for the party. Some battle-specific information after each fight in the form of a battle report would be nice as well.

JohnathanStrange said:
Yes, people keep mentioning this (stats, or shots made, or parties defeated) in passing but I think it deserves a bit more attention since once one has played awhile, we're seeking other things to keep us playing.

Improving one's stats isn't bad: especially if some sort of medals, ribbons, gold, titles or even in-game reward is involved.

Remember the Constable used to pay us a bounty for river pirates? There could be some gift from the King or Count along the lines of specially engraved armor, weapons, etc.

I would suggest examples of stat keeping be GTA: San Andreas or Pirates! among others.
As usual: Yes.

The more we can draw from GTA, the better, in my opinion.

One thing I like about this idea is that it can be implemented. Many of the new suggestions seem to forget that there isn't a twenty or thirty person team supporting Mount & Blade: so suggesting huge armies or multiplayer or realistic, full-scale castle sims (which would be games in themselves) aren't as likely to happen as suggesting a new weapon, or a new statistic screen.

So, while I like the enthusiasm of the suggestions, I'm not sure how useful they are as practical ideas. But who knows? It's a form of brainstorming, I suppose. :smile:

The 2 stats I would like to see put in NOW are:

1. number of items bought

2. number of items sold

Call me a carebear all you want but I do spend more than half my time buying/selling, and I bet I'm not the only one.

Back
Top Bottom