Resolved Stats Better for Broken weapons than Fresh ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: The Cracked Long Fine Steel Spear has better stats than Long Fine Steel Spear.
I grabbed the cracked version in battle in an early campaign and since I had nothing better, assigned it to Alte. Then I found the same weapon - except NOT cracked - in town, and compared them. Cracked is better! (Or so it seems)

In the screen shots, one shows the cracked spear in Alte's inventory, and the next shows it in comparison with a new one in the trading screen; the equipped one is better.

EDIT: I just noticed that the cracked version in the comparison isn't showing the same numbers as in her inventory! So the issue may be that the comparitor is bringing up the wrong version for the comparison... although I still expect the perfect weapon to have the better numbers!

How to Reproduce: compare the two
Have you used cheats and if so which:no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs: doesn't matter
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Poor Alte, she wants that glaive and a horse! Where did you find Polesword, I haven't seen one in a very very log time in game!
As for topic, very interesting, maybe the one from loot is actually a different item for troops then the one the workshop can make for the store.

Hey just a heads up, this applies to more than just that spear, was comparing short simple raider spears and even when looking at the exact same spear it shows different stats.

From what i have noticed when you hover over the equiped one it shows them correct and when you hover over the one you are looking at comparing with it shows correct for that aswell, but the smaller window for the currently equiped is showing incorect information.

it also does it with say javalins. i currently have harpoons equipped which do 113 pierce damage but when i compare a different set of javalins say the jagged javalin for this example this is what happens to the info card

Incorrect info-card for equipped weapon

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Please let me know if the issue is persistent on the version e1.6.4.

I think the stats might be correct, but the game is incorrectly comparing "One Handed" -stats(in the buy menu) to "Two handed" -stats.

In the first picture: You have the cracked weapon equipped as "One Handed" so those are One Handed stats (if you are using a shield at the same time)
In the second picture: The normal weapon once again showing "One handed" -stats when hovering over it in the merchants inventory, but the game is wrongly comparing it to the Cracked "Two handed" -version(even though you have equipped it one handed).

You can see it's comparing to a two handed version because there are the "no shield" and "no horse" icons.
The "Two Handed" stats are a lot higher than "One Handed" stats.

You can change, which stats you want to view, by clicking with mouse on the "One handed", "Two handed" or "Spear Brace" -buttons.

EDIT: It's also possible, that the stats are just bugged :grin:

Last edited:
Poor Alte, she wants that glaive and a horse! Where did you find Polesword, I haven't seen one in a very very log time in game!
As for topic, very interesting, maybe the one from loot is actually a different item for troops then the one the workshop can make for the store.
@Ananda_The_Destroyer The good stuff is all south! I believe I found Glaives in Quyaz and then the Polesword in another Aserai city, possibly Razih? I don't remember. I took notes at the time, but tossed them when I had equipped all my polearm-wielding companions with choppy weapons.

Believe me, I loves me the Poleswords!

I took my character back to Syronea, where the screen shots above were taken. Fotunately, in my current game I haven't disposed the Cracked weapon yet... because it has good stats!

I took Alte again into the Trade screen, whistled up the Long fine Steel Spear, and did the comparison thing again. I verified that the 'new' weapon actually has better stats - it is indeed the comparison comparing 1-handed with 2-handed while stating they're both the same.

I am going to upload a save with the gang in Syronea and Alte holding her trusty Cracked weapon. Just go into Trade, cycle over to Alte, then play with 1-hand and 2-hand while comparing Cracked to new.

I took my character back to Syronea, where the screen shots above were taken. Fotunately, in my current game I haven't disposed the Cracked weapon yet... because it has good stats!

I took Alte again into the Trade screen, whistled up the Long fine Steel Spear, and did the comparison thing again. I verified that the 'new' weapon actually has better stats - it is indeed the comparison comparing 1-handed with 2-handed while stating they're both the same.

I am going to upload a save with the gang in Syronea and Alte holding her trusty Cracked weapon. Just go into Trade, cycle over to Alte, then play with 1-hand and 2-hand while comparing Cracked to new.
Nice job checking that out! Hope we get the devs to fix that comparison issue along the road.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom