Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Users who are viewing this thread

A quick question regarding the game's diplomacy system, namely, regarding policies. As they are now, they have extremely low impact on a Kingdom's life, yet, i suppose, they were meant to be something of a bigger meaning. Are there any plans to properly rework that aspect?
I do think that they will be reviewed and balanced further.

Also, one more small question: I remember some time ago it was mentioned that AI lords have no logic when enforcing a vote for a certain policy... Is it still a thing now? Will it be changed?
I don't quite understand the question, sorry. Can you elaborate?

We are working on the defection issues at the moment and will likely tweak existing systems like war / peace decisions etc further.
Good, can you please make it so, that the AI don't attack a much stronger faction.
Because my faction has over 300 troops parties and they still attack me (with their mini-parties), but because my parties are small armies, they don't have a chance.

I don't quite understand the question, sorry. Can you elaborate?

Well, some time ago, there was a discussion about the policies. There was a question: do the lords use some kind of logic, while enforcing a voting for a particular policy, or they just randomly pick a policy from a list and vote for it, regardless the fact if the policy will benefit them or not. The answer was that lords were just picking a random policy. I wonder if this is a thing still.

Well, some time ago, there was a discussion about the policies. There was a question: do the lords use some kind of logic, while enforcing a voting for a particular policy, or they just randomly pick a policy from a list and vote for it, regardless the fact if the policy will benefit them or not. The answer was that lords were just picking a random policy. I wonder if this is a thing still.
In addition to the random policy voting, lord personality traits and relations with lords also don't have much or any effect on voting for policies or war:

When the game is checking if a clan wants to propose a policy it picks a random policy and then checks if clan would want to propose that.
For clan, it checks
  1. If clan has enough influence
  2. If clan's support is above 50
  3. Random chance based on whole kingdom's support. If total support is less than 55%, no chance. Increases as it goes up.
When calculating clan's support level, the game checks:
  1. If the clan is ruling clan, minor faction etc.
  2. Clan tier
  3. Clan leader's trait level. Policies have "Egalitarian", "Oligarchic" and "Authoritarian" weights. The base values get a multiplier based on these weights. Clan leader's trait level adds to or substracts from base values.

Source: Game code :smile:

Edit just realized @five bucks said it doesn't check traits while I said it does, to clarify that, game only checks "Egalitarian", "Oligarchic" and "Authoritarian" traits. No other and no relationships with others.

Last edited:
Duh, Will we get a new statement when next update is released?

I think this helps you a lot to bring to the table (in TW) what ppl largely wants to change and see no fun in playing, also gives you guys new ideas or how change according to TW capabilities. I just do think you guys need to solve a lot of bugs that are persistent in the game like several patches ago...

Agent and formation AI are continuously being worked on.

Most of the points here seem related to equipment (and possibly troop skills) rather than AI. I will forward them to the relevant designer.

If you want to share more detailed feedback, you may also want to add it here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/e1-8-0-troop-item-changes.452028/unread

I am having trouble with this. Can you elaborate the specific change you have in mind?

I don't think this will happen.

We are working on the defection issues at the moment and will likely tweak existing systems like war / peace decisions etc further.

You can find our future plan's here:

I believe this is/was being tangentially discussed, though it is a relative low priority since you mostly have this by starving them down and then just auto resolving for the last step.

It uses the regular (existing) death & inheritance mechanics, which work like you are describing.

This is still in the backlog, though, I wouldn't consider it a major feature.
I mean the Aserai and Sturgia are the rage incuding because of how strecthed they are.
It's nice that other parties are slow in desert whilelist Aserai culture are not,which makes them less stressful while traversing.
Traversing from Quyaz to Husn Fulq because Rhagaea decided your beef with Vlandia must end and vice versa and retaking lost fiefs to running after lords for days,it grew old quick having to move to much while the others are just as fast if not faster than you and can mobilise much quicker.

But Sturgia's 80% forest and covered in snow like half the time.
It will take 7 or more days to cross from Varcheg to Tyal with a decent party size and horsemen supported by horses.
It'd be nice of you to replace their cohesion loss bonus with a higher snow speed penalty reduction,like Battanian forest one but higher,like 75%..
It's amazing they can even stay in the game because of the war between them and Vlandia and Khuzait making them having to switch armies across the world and parties in a long time,though the "meta" favours them because of counter offensive armies are much better than offensive ones.
Which brings me to a lore related point,side note here.
Vlandia and Sturgia initial war is..the least probable one as in Battle of Pendraic neither Sturgians or Vlandians have bad things to say to each other.
It's more likely to be Sturgia vs Battania than anything else and W.Empire vs Vlandia.

Khuzait's bonus not enough to rebalance their economy.
When the game starts Steppe Warhorses costs around 300 denars but later on they reach well 1.1K denars.
Same goes for Steppe Horses which cost relatively the same as Battanian Ponies,around 160 denars,the price can increase to 300 and even 400 later on.
And as you know A.I doesn't require horses in their party for upgrades nor MS bonuses,but player does,and they have to spend a lot to get MS at an useful level.

Respawn points I'm sad you shut down that fast,considering I got something similar happening twice that could replace the old system of kicking you outside the gates wounded to be captured 1 second later by whoever comes close to you.
One happened as a bug after I my character died in battle,I chose a heir that was busy,recovering after beign imprisoned,and I got teleported to the left side of the map down,in Aserai territory,I was near Varcheg when I died,but goes to show you can do teleportation stuff.
The second time I sent a companion on a quest to fetch horses for a lord but I got imprisoned,yet when I got freed,I received the money and the message that once I got free I was beign waited by a few men,the ones I sent.
I believe it's the same system when trying to disguise and enter a town.
Can't you put this for the thought,it's would be an appreciated QoL addition for Iron Man players...

To add unto the break down that @azakhi kindly provided, once a proposal is made, relationship (with the sponsor / proposer) plays a role in how much other clans are willing to invest with their vote. That is to say, they wouldn't vote for the opposite of what their "rational" interest is (this is determined first), but they may choose to spend more or less (or no) influence on something they like/dislike depending on who proposed the decision.

The specific logic differs per decision type (policy / war&peace / succession / etc) and I believe that war & peace, for instance, does look at the honor trait as well. One challenge here is simply balance as clan interests can overlap notably in terms of rationality (honor or even political preference don't qualify for this).

Do take this with a grain of salt as I am writing this from memory and changes may have happened to the related systems since.

Duh, Will we get a new statement when next update is released?
I would like to share another update, yes, however, I think it's a bit too early still. If you want to know something about a specific topic, don't hesitate to ask though. If I can, I will try to clarify.

@Duh_TaleWorlds any movement on the landline option or children bugs being addressed or they both still backlog?

Also regarding claimants, can you speak at all to what this will entail? Same as warband or you guys gonna have a new take (convincing lords first to rebel and support claimant instead of after taking on the claimants faction)

No worries if im jumping ahead to your future update and it isn't time to talk about these yet.

Last edited:
To add unto the break down that @azakhi kindly provided, once a proposal is made, relationship (with the sponsor / proposer) plays a role in how much other clans are willing to invest with their vote. That is to say, they wouldn't vote for the opposite of what their "rational" interest is (this is determined first), but they may choose to spend more or less (or no) influence on something they like/dislike depending on who proposed the decision.

The specific logic differs per decision type (policy / war&peace / succession / etc) and I believe that war & peace, for instance, does look at the honor trait as well. One challenge here is simply balance as clan interests can overlap notably in terms of rationality (honor or even political preference don't qualify for this).

Im not being sarcastic as i havent played this game in eons but is any of this information relayed to Player in any illustrious or even technical way or is it all just dice rolls with qualifiers and we dont know why Lords decide to do what they do?

Edit: What i mean is like in the older games you could always talk to a Lord and ask what he's doing and why -kinda thing

@Duh_TaleWorlds any movement on the landline option or children bugs being addressed or they both still backlog?
Nothing specific for landline communication beyond the offers that have been introduced. Could you specify the children bug you mean?
Also regarding claimants, can you speak at all to what this will entail?
Not yet.

Im not being sarcastic as i havent played this game in eons but is any of this information relayed to Player in any illustrious or even technical way or is it all just dice rolls with qualifiers and we dont know why Lords decide to do what they do?
There is no detailed numeric break down per vote, though, some votes (war&peace) have a flavor text that indicates the primary / largest factor in their decision making. Some of the clan leaders also do have dialogues that indicate their general political standing but IIRC this concerns their preferences moreso than their rationality.

Nothing specific for landline communication beyond the offers that have been introduced. Could you specify the children bug you mean?
Being copies of the parents or one of the parents, children being born solo in the mother's culture, I think that's what @Blood Gryphon was saying at first...
I have stopped again because of time, but maybe Gryphon can clarify more things.

This bug @Duh_TaleWorlds : https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...lture-solely-from-mother.437670/#post-9815443

Right now, i don't think i have a direct question about anything in general, i need to replay and re-read a lot of messages you talked about the future.

But thanks for being available

Last edited:
If you want to know something about a specific topic, don't hesitate to ask though. If I can, I will try to clarify.
Any changes planned for how in-battle morale works? (Or the leadership perk that makes t2+ troops never flee?)
The lack of intrigue is extremely disappointing .
What does "intrigue" even mean? What do you envision that consisting of, as a gameplay mechanic? A "plot to assassinate" button like CK2?

Any changes planned for how in-battle morale works? (Or the leadership perk that makes t2+ troops never flee?)
That perk really needs to be fixed, it just makes all TW's morale mechanics pretty much irrelevant in army battles. I hope they haven't been testing the banner morale effects with the perk enabled.

Loyalty and Honour I think it's called.

@Duh_TaleWorlds @SadShogun

One question that I have beside the Child Bug and copies of parents

Is that the rebel clans doesn't have a proper name, is that going change or going keep being: "Alray's clan, Urio's Clan, etc"

Also, Duh

When you guys going change the name of Sargot? I feel that that town was supposed to be old Veluca (WB) and Sargot somewhere in the north

Last edited:
@Duh_TaleWorlds
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom