Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Users who are viewing this thread

We were also hoping to create our own castle/towns way back.
6f8.png

Unfortunately, this is too much depth/immersion/complicated for TW to put in. We were also hoping to create our own castle/towns way back.
Yea, RIP castles.

But custom troops? Mods already did it, so TW could easily do it. Could be balanced with a point system so that you cannot just create OP troops on each tier. Also it won´t affect the AI in any way because they won´t use the system. Players could choose to use it. I don´t see any issues?

Yea, RIP castles.

But custom troops? Mods already did it, so TW could easily do it. Could be balanced with a point system so that you cannot just create OP troops on each tier. Also it won´t affect the AI in any way because they won´t use the system. Players could choose to use it. I don´t see any issues?
Agreed, would be a great money and time sink.
These the things that the late game needs. More goals to reach for, to temporary distract you from the endless wars.

. We were also hoping to create our own castle/towns way back.
Mexxico already explained way before he left why they scrapped it, and I think he's the one who did it, because I guess he was the one who coded it. He didn't like it, made more troublesome than fun and probably the map wasn't that big enough for this, I believe that if we had a global map (huge one) with system of provinces *Crusader King's style - stealing ideas) that would be awesome. Overall, Mexxico it self explained.

It's a bummer, I'd love to build my own provinces as well, plot of lands to build castle, villages and upgrade to towns, citadels, whatever. But, oh, well... maybe the next gen on game dev software

Mexxico already explained way before he left why they scrapped it, and I think he's the one who did it, because I guess he was the one who coded it. He didn't like it, made more troublesome than fun and probably the map wasn't that big enough for this, I believe that if we had a global map (huge one) with system of provinces *Crusader King's style - stealing ideas) that would be awesome. Overall, Mexxico it self explained.
I remember seeing that a while back, but it also showed the underlying issue throughout this whole development (though not through the direct fault of any particular dev).
There isn't this end goal in the project that all these systems/features as was sold or promoted to us early on. Yes, the battles is the same as WB but that's it; the rest, it's as if it was just added in here or there. There doesn't seem to be a cohesive 'plan' from the get go from X>Y>Z features, so some features end up being locked out due to complications due to not thinking how all the systems should work together.

I remember seeing that a while back, but it also showed the underlying issue throughout this whole development (though not through the direct fault of any particular dev).
There isn't this end goal in the project that all these systems/features as was sold or promoted to us early on. Yes, the battles is the same as WB but that's it; the rest, it's as if it was just added in here or there. There doesn't seem to be a cohesive 'plan' from the get go from X>Y>Z features, so some features end up being locked out due to complications due to not thinking how all the systems should work together.
Find out who the gamin diretor is for TW and blame him, hahaha

I hope TW add more intrigue into the game a way to start wars with factions or clan to clan . spies and Assassin actions . I Looked in the encyclopedia and at dead characters and one of the said they were murdered. Plus if you use console and use the kill command its says the name of the npc and says was murdered. Be good if you could pull a senate killing Julius Caesar type of event getting the clan leaders on side and dropping the king. or sneak poison in a drink on someone. spread rumours to get people disliked or raise the relationships or find out who's doing things like this. you know some Game of thrones manipulation . Playing Petyr Baelish and climbing the Calradia ladder would be amazing.

@Duh_TaleWorlds
-Could you please get your buddies to rework troops in battle and simulations for A.I,it's frustrating when dealing with Vlandia as they refuse to die and their A.I does this stupid thing where they treat the Crossbowmen like infantry and stay or move in your infantry which honestly just exposes how freaking annoying they are in higher difficulties to beat in melee as they turtle up and slash you for like 30 damage..
-Look at Sturgia again and try not to mess them up anymore,it felt like a middle finger when you removed the Shock Troops a while back,but now you've done some questionable decisions like:
Removing shoulderpads,replacing javelins with axes and replacing the helmet with a worse one for Axemen..
Having Veteran Bowmen with less body armour than a tier lower and replacing their Veteran Axes with a Commoner one for some unknown reason.
Spearmen have an amazing infantry spear but they never use it.
-Speaking of Polearms,Veteran Falxmen are worse than Falxmen.
When are you giving A.I battle system a review and upgrade?
The A.I is just running towards someone and slashing...

Also make the Aserai and Sturgia less rage inducing to traverse...a little bit even?
You gave the desert penalty which was great but what about Sturgia?
Getting above 4.0 MS in Sturgia is a blessing at the cost of 50% of your denars due to horse prices.
Which brings the inflation of horse price...Khuzait's already expensive to start as,even worse it's hard to get back a proper party..at one point past day 300~ is better to just buy the troops on horse rather than build them.

A respawn point after beign freed or escaping as a prisoner,otherwise you'll spend 30 minutes just trying to make it back...
Something like spawning to the current faction capital,closest city if freelancer or your closest fief.

Diplomacy works should be the bigger update after cutscenes..

The traits need to do more if someone heroic let them offer duels to the death instead of having a battle . I someone is cruel have them execute more . because the npc's are a bit rubbish . I love the game but the npc's are all the same boring.

Near Hearth & Home

• Cutscenes
    • Cutscenes or “Scene Notifications” were first teased in our future plans’ post. Since then we have created a number of these animations for different story and world events to add more weight to them. They presented a multi-disciplinary challenge (to Design, UI, Art & Animation, Engine, Campaign Gameplay, Audio and QA), but we are quite happy with how they have turned out so far.
Sweet.
  • Scenes
    • Over the course of development our focus shifted away from smaller locations and more towards ensuring greater variety and quality in core gameplay areas. As such, we have been working hard on creating the remaining town scenes, which will offer new siege challenges, as well as additional battle terrains to cover further regions of interest. Naturally, we also continue to improve our existing scenes.
    • As this concerns a particularly large body of work, it won’t all drop at once but there will be continuous updates.
Nice.
  • Sieges
    • Sieges represent one of our most complex gameplay experiences and we continue to polish the many pieces that make up this puzzle. To give a recent example, we overhauled the way that both AI attackers and defenders use troop transfers (between formations) in sieges. This was done to reduce transfers at inconvenient times, in quick succession or with poor overall oversight, which could lead to large numbers of soldiers being transferred from opposite sites unnecessarily.
Cool. Suggestion: Ability to avoid the battle altogether by starving out the enemy. Not just the garrison, but the lords and such as well.
  • Battles
    • While combat is certainly one of the game’s strong points, there are always things to be improved upon - and one of them is the way in which reinforcements enter the battlefield. Specifically, we have been working on means to prevent cases of “spawn camping” and troops suddenly appearing in the middle of an active fight.
Lol yeah, that can get troublesome. Maybe alternate spawn points would solve it.
  • Armor Effectiveness
    • This has been a topic of passionate discussion and we are happy to let you know that we are close to releasing an adjustment aimed at making armor more effective. This will not adopt the warband system, but it will go towards stronger protection.
Yay!
  • Main Hero Battle Death
    • Given all the extra armor, it may be time to raise the stakes.
Yes, it's optional.
Cool feature. Will it lead to an immediate game over, or will your 'heir' take the reins? Also, will you be able to select your heir if you have a ton of children?
  • Combat Mechanic Improvements
    • We have gone over the combat mechanics for knock down, dismounting and push back and removed the random factor to allow for a more reliable and predictable experience for players. Among other things, we also introduced a new resistance variable that is derived from character skills. This allows us to make some troops and heroes less vulnerable to these mechanics and will allow players to develop their characters to become less vulnerable as well.
Awesome.
  • Army AI Improvements
    • In recent months, we spent quite a bit of time reviewing, adjusting and testing the army AI. In essence, we set out to address the following items:
      • Less Patrolling, More Sieging
      • Less Starving, More Sieging
      • Less Recruiting, More Sieging
      • Better Cohesion Management, More Sieging
      • Other trickery to the same end
    • We also don’t like peacetime armies.
Peacetime armies are a great way to cheese influence though :sad:
  • “Party Templates”
    • The idea of parties that reflect their leader’s preferences has gone through some iterations since we originally shared it. Nonetheless, we still intend to pursue the approach that weighs recruitment and upgrading according to this preference. The initial, releasable implementation is close to completion and we hope to soon evaluate it further based on player feedback.
I'm not sure that I'm understanding this correctly. Is this something that affects the player or the AI? Like, imperial AI will have imperial parties?
  • Disorganized State
    • We have gone over the conditions and effects of the disorganized state, which temporarily weakens parties and armies after a recent challenge, to make it more meaningful and consistent.
Extremely annoying mechanic. 10/10
  • Item variety
    • What's a warrior without their weapon? In an effort to increase the general variety of equipment, we have been working on a number of new crafting pieces as well as making some of the existing pieces available across additional weapon types.
Gotta love more crafting! Would be even better if we could craft armor too :smile:
  • Crafting Unlock Overhaul
    • With this broader pool of crafting pieces, we also had another look at how crafting works. We don’t really like that all crafting pieces are unlocked from the same source. Instead, we want to provide more of a sense of specialization. Thus, future smiths will, for example, need to craft axes to unlock axe pieces.
I'm surprised that this wasn't how it was initially set-up. Came as a real shock when I unlocked a T5 ax-head by dismantling a dagger.
  • Simulation Health
    • Economy
      • While this has always been a point of importance to us, we set out to review and address two issues in particular in recent months. For one, some items were too profitable in general while others didn’t have enough regional price distinction. This made trade much less engaging than we would like it to be. Similarly, due to the same market dynamics, workshops were suffering as well. If you bought the right one, there was little reason to engage with it again and more often than not “the right one” came down to the same small set of options. The changes we made to supply and demand have had promising results so far.
    • Recruit balance
      • Calradians have seemingly always been happy to join a good fight. However, recruits are not just plentiful but oftentimes overly powerful. This has been raised in the community before and we also recognize it as an issue and have made according adjustments to the way notables develop their troops.
    • AI Prisoner Management
      • It is not just recruits that are plentiful but also prisoners. So much so that calradian dungeons would overflow as time passed. We have been looking into a solution for this and will likely share it with you soon.
    • Child generation
      • Despite our previous adjustments to the adult population, there was still a problem with an initial generational gap. To address this, we will likely generate additional children with different ages at the start of the game for any clans that fall under a given member limit. As an extra, this should also make such clans more viable.
1. I think most players use workshops as fire-and-forget options to increase true-troop cap (i.e. how many troops you can have without losing gold daily). Having to interact with workshops to keep them functional may stifle core gameplay. Definitely would like to own something other than breweries though. :smile:
2. I don't mind having recruits be recruits.
3. Could have the AI execute their enemies. Saves my axe some work :smile:
4. Sweet.
  • Character Respeccing
    • With the multitude of perks that the game offers, it can be difficult to find the character setup that is just right for you. Fortunately, it will soon no longer be required to wait for your heir to take over or to start a new game to try out another character build. Instead, you will be able to change the perks of your characters and clan members as you play.
Yay!
  • Skill experience gains
    • Character development is an important aspect of the game that follows the principle of learning by doing. While this generally works, we feel that some skills don’t yet offer an adequate progression. Fortunately, the aforementioned economy changes should help with trade. Additionally, we have also been working on more tailored adjustments for all combat skills, leadership, roguery and engineering. We look forward to your feedback on this.
I'm the wrong person to give feedback on this. In my opinion, after 100+ hours of intense gameplay I should be rping a demi-god. But there's a good chunk of players who seem to be masochists these days, so they might not enjoy such a thing.
  • Immersion & Quality of Life
    • There are many adjustments that relate to this category in some way. Below you will find a few of the ones we thought interesting.
    • Additional AI Offers
      • We were quite happy with the reception and impact of AI ransom and peace offers to the player. These new notifications make the world feel more alive and we want to build upon them. For this purpose, we are exploring marriage, mercenary and vassalage offers.
    • Encyclopedia Information
      • The all knowing encyclopedia is not just a challenge to immersion, but also inconsistent with our scouting mechanic. To address this, we are working on similar limitations to the encyclopedia that will create a form of “Fog of War ” for those that are outside the reach of the player or their agents.
    • Party Management Options
      • Clan members can, at times, be a hassle to track down and manage. To address this, we have been exploring new options to send, recall and exchange them.
    • Civilian Scenes
      • Our towns and castles have a range of NPC characters that can partake in numerous activities to give the location life. However, castles, in particular, were still a bit underpopulated. This should be improved in future versions of the game as we increased the population and their use of animation points in a number of settlements.
    • World Map & Associated Visuals
      • Much like scenes, the world map can make or break immersion. We therefore decided to allocate some time towards resolving issues with party teleporting, floating and rotating among a number of other tweaks. Of course, we also always continue to polish the actual map.
1. Awesome!
2. I'm not even sure how to access the encyclopedia! :grin:
3. Great!
4. This would be cool, but honestly there's little to no reason to even enter the castle unless you're hardcore role-playing. Maybe adding reasons first would justify the resources spent adding char animations?
5. Fixing bugs is always a plus!
  • Audio
    • Improved UI sounds
      • We added new sounds all around the UI and revised some existing ones for coherence. To provide an example, you will now be able to hear audio feedback when a persuasion attempt goes awry or pleasant.
    • Horse sound revisions
      • As a constant request, we have been working on improving the audibility of approaching horses and fixed some bugs in the occlusion system that prevented some sounds from being played. This is an ongoing work, and more improvements will arrive as time passes.
      • We improved horse physics sounds to make it more impactful when they die.
    • Ambient upgrades
      • Quad ambiences were another topic in our future plans post. They are a great means to make scenes sound more believable and our work on them is ongoing. A few of the ambients have been updated to Quads, and we fixed some crucial spatialization bugs while we were at it.
Sounds good. :wink:
  • Localization
    • The localization effort also continues. Even though we have now released translations for Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish (Latin American) and Russian that does not mean that we are at the end of their journey. We greatly appreciate all the feedback that we have received on this front and are working with our partners to process it. We are also happy to say that German is close to being shared as well.
Das ist gut. Allerdings nicht für mich. Ich spreche kein Deutsch.
A ways ahead

As the attentive reader will surely have noticed, there are some topics that we haven’t covered yet. In our future plans, we spoke about Banner Bearers, Claimant Quests, Sally Outs and Vocalization. These are all areas that we are still pursuing, but they will require some time yet. Once we have made more progress on them and other topics, we will be happy to share further details.

Please keep in mind that the items discussed here are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone, and we will adjust them if the need arises.
Coolio, can't wait to see what's next.

Not planned. Please refer to our future plans post for what is planned.
Are there still any major features planned? like the criminal empire, or is the stuff in the future plans the only things that will be added to the game? I hope not because the game has so much potential, so please re-think the future plans in consideration of the potential of this game!!

I love Bannerlord as I have loved Warband.
But the thing that I can no longer bear after so many hours on WB and BL is the total lack of real management of your kingdom once you become a King. Between being a stranger or being the King of a realm at the in the end what you do is almost always the same. But it is so impossible to create a kingdom management system with more diplomacy, create routes between your cities / castles to better plan prosperity, manage wars even more strategically, propose blood pacts, peace agreements, hire an assassin. to kill a rival king or a lord who causes us problems, famines or diseases that bring certain regions to their knees, I could go on and on.

With every new career that I start I already know that as soon as I get to the point of creating a kingdom or becoming a vassal, it takes a few hours and boredom assails me, because you enter an infinite loop of war, sell, recruit, war or sieges, sell etc.

I know that my comment will never be taken into consideration, but at least I have expressed my thoughts :smile:

Land of SIka let's you make a village, think if it was Banerlords main quest, start with a village, build to a castle, then a town to start your kingdom. That would be awesome but we get a weak quest line that most people never worry about, sad. Sika also has random events, I asked TW to do that a year ago to give it flavor and mi things up.

I like what Banner Kings mod does with its quite good approximation to real feudal system/hierarchy. Village is considered as basic fief unit. I always wondered what was the purpose of joining whatever kingdom as vassal and not getting any fief. That was the main purpose of being raised to the ranks of nobility. Your suzerain would grant you a fief to take care of, pay taxes and use its income to raise and upkeep a banner for the times of war. Such system is missing in this game. You joined a kingdom? Great! Here is a fency sword and few extra units. Go get some yourself 😄

@Duh_TaleWorlds
-Could you please get your buddies to rework troops in battle and simulations for A.I,it's frustrating when dealing with Vlandia as they refuse to die and their A.I does this stupid thing where they treat the Crossbowmen like infantry and stay or move in your infantry which honestly just exposes how freaking annoying they are in higher difficulties to beat in melee as they turtle up and slash you for like 30 damage..
Agent and formation AI are continuously being worked on.

-Look at Sturgia again and try not to mess them up anymore,it felt like a middle finger when you removed the Shock Troops a while back,but now you've done some questionable decisions like:
Removing shoulderpads,replacing javelins with axes and replacing the helmet with a worse one for Axemen..
Having Veteran Bowmen with less body armour than a tier lower and replacing their Veteran Axes with a Commoner one for some unknown reason.
Spearmen have an amazing infantry spear but they never use it.
-Speaking of Polearms,Veteran Falxmen are worse than Falxmen.
When are you giving A.I battle system a review and upgrade?
The A.I is just running towards someone and slashing...
Most of the points here seem related to equipment (and possibly troop skills) rather than AI. I will forward them to the relevant designer.

If you want to share more detailed feedback, you may also want to add it here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/e1-8-0-troop-item-changes.452028/unread

Also make the Aserai and Sturgia less rage inducing to traverse...a little bit even?
You gave the desert penalty which was great but what about Sturgia?
Getting above 4.0 MS in Sturgia is a blessing at the cost of 50% of your denars due to horse prices.
Which brings the inflation of horse price...Khuzait's already expensive to start as,even worse it's hard to get back a proper party..at one point past day 300~ is better to just buy the troops on horse rather than build them.
I am having trouble with this. Can you elaborate the specific change you have in mind?

A respawn point after beign freed or escaping as a prisoner,otherwise you'll spend 30 minutes just trying to make it back...
Something like spawning to the current faction capital,closest city if freelancer or your closest fief.
I don't think this will happen.

Diplomacy works should be the bigger update after cutscenes..
We are working on the defection issues at the moment and will likely tweak existing systems like war / peace decisions etc further.

Any plans to improve the gameplay loop? or add some variety?? all it is now is doing the same thing over and over.
You can find our future plan's here:

Cool. Suggestion: Ability to avoid the battle altogether by starving out the enemy. Not just the garrison, but the lords and such as well.
I believe this is/was being tangentially discussed, though it is a relative low priority since you mostly have this by starving them down and then just auto resolving for the last step.

Cool feature. Will it lead to an immediate game over, or will your 'heir' take the reins? Also, will you be able to select your heir if you have a ton of children?
It uses the regular (existing) death & inheritance mechanics, which work like you are describing.

like the criminal empire, or is the stuff in the future plans the only things that will be added to the game?
This is still in the backlog, though, I wouldn't consider it a major feature.

@Duh_TaleWorlds , glad to see you recovered and back in action! :smile:

A quick question regarding the game's diplomacy system, namely, regarding policies. As they are now, they have extremely low impact on a Kingdom's life, yet, i suppose, they were meant to be something of a bigger meaning. Are there any plans to properly rework that aspect?

Also, one more small question: I remember some time ago it was mentioned that AI lords have no logic when enforcing a vote for a certain policy... Is it still a thing now? Will it be changed?

Back
Top Bottom