Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Can someone link what and where he is referring to here?
Duh probably just answered Consul_Kaiser's question about spear attack variations/vectors (adding swing and throw):

We really need a re-work of spears in general. Spears were one of the most versatile weapons of their time. Its a shame we can only thrust up and down when they have also been used to swing and throw. Is it possible a change can be put in motion?
I'm not as involved with the combat system details, but I wouldn't expect fundamental changes at this point. (To me, new attack vectors seem like a rather significant adjustment.)

I'm not as involved with the combat system details, but I wouldn't expect fundamental changes at this point. (To me, new attack vectors seem like a rather significant adjustment.)
Even if a full rework of spears isn't possible, could we have it so that at shorter distances spears have some kind of strong pushback effect? The idea being that if we manage to make our spear thrust connect, our enemy is moved to a distance where we actually have a shot at doing some damage. (edit: that, or a chance to get away)

How effective that pushback is can depend on certain attributes, skills, armour, whether the spear was blocked, and so on.

Thank you for answer, quick final question will you be looking at troop assignments the current system is a bit restrictive. You could allow the player to pick individual soldiers to go in a new formation or allowing the player to pick the tier of troop would help, latter is not perfect but would simplify it a lot. Currenly trying to seperate elite troops and non elite is possible but could be a bit smoother.
Additional work will likely be done for the OOB, however, afaik it is currently not planned to have a tier selection.

@Duh_TaleWorlds
Hi!
There will be Hungarian Language in the game?
There are currently no plans to add the hungarian language. I think the focus going forward will be on polishing the released languages (after the german release). Every language presents unique challenges due to our dynamic texts, which require us to essentially recreate at least parts of their grammar systems within the code. @beybi123 probably knows german better than me now :iamamoron:

When will we can upgrade workshops to lvl 2 and more?
This may or may not happen, but if the economy adjustments discussed in the OP turn out to be sufficient, we will likely explore this more.

Even if a full rework of spears isn't possible, could we have it so that at shorter distances spears have some kind of strong pushback effect?
I can bring up the suggestion, but can't say anything beyond that.
How effective that pushback is can depend on certain [...] skills.
That is what the relevant changes discussed in the OP are aiming for.

Great update on singleplayer, I'm looking very much forward to the next beta branch. A quick suggestion I've made once before that I think would significantly improve the singleplayer experience is to introduce independent / mercenary 'clan party' armies. One persistent issue I have in my singleplayer runs is that I develop a solid clan tier with solid income that can afford to have 2 or 3 total parties on the map, but when I finally want to go siege a city as an independent to start my own kingdom, I'm not allowed to bring my own clan parties with me. Obviously I should be able to do that, and furthermore, I think that I should be able to create armies as a mercenary that only include my clan parties. Essentially just allowing the ability to create armies consistent of your clan parties at anytime in the game would make lots of sense and be nice (and it would help players train leadership before they create a kingdom should they choose not to join a kingdom as a vassal as I often do).

There are currently no plans to add the hungarian language. I think the focus going forward will be on polishing the released languages (after the german release). Every language presents unique challenges due to our dynamic texts, which require us to essentially recreate at least parts of their grammar systems within the code. @beybi123 probably knows german better than me now :iamamoron:
Thats sad, i guess i have to keep playing in english than. :sad:

Additional work will likely be done for the OOB, however, afaik it is currently not planned to have a tier selection.

This may or may not happen, but if the economy adjustments discussed in the OP turn out to be sufficient, we will likely explore this more.

I can bring up the suggestion, but can't say anything beyond that.

That is what the relevant changes discussed in the OP are aiming for.

work will likely be done for the OOB, however, afaik it is currently not planned to have a tier selection.
In regards to the OOB, do you think we would be able to get categories in the party selection screen?

For example, all archers would fall under the archer category and be placed in the Number 2 spot in the OOB. Those who are considered skirmishers (those with javelins) be under the javelin category and so on and so forth.

This would make parties much easier to move about and give an idea of what AI party templates can look like....

Are they any plans to have an Alliance system ( "many-to-many" wars ) in the future ?

Thats sad, i guess i have to keep playing in english than. :sad:

There is still a chance to get a mod if one of your fellow Hungarian or Hungarian community is dedicated enough to make a mod, my own language was very popular right after Bannerlord first came out, long before TW's own implementation.
Worth checking imo, even though the chances are small.

Oh, that's a sad surprise. Are there any plans for adding Spanish from Spain language like in Warband?

It may seem enough with latinoamerican Spanish, but for spanish people (that people who actually live in Spain) it really kills the immersion.
It is not the same as with American vs Brittish English, the differences in the case of spanish are more remarkable.

Great update on singleplayer, I'm looking very much forward to the next beta branch. A quick suggestion I've made once before that I think would significantly improve the singleplayer experience is to introduce independent / mercenary 'clan party' armies. One persistent issue I have in my singleplayer runs is that I develop a solid clan tier with solid income that can afford to have 2 or 3 total parties on the map, but when I finally want to go siege a city as an independent to start my own kingdom, I'm not allowed to bring my own clan parties with me. Obviously I should be able to do that, and furthermore, I think that I should be able to create armies as a mercenary that only include my clan parties. Essentially just allowing the ability to create armies consistent of your clan parties at anytime in the game would make lots of sense and be nice (and it would help players train leadership before they create a kingdom should they choose not to join a kingdom as a vassal as I often do).
To me, the challenge with this is that clans follow a different set of diplomatic rules than kingdoms. So it wouldn't just be a matter of enabling independent player clans to call armies. If that was permitted alongside owning settlements, it would essentially be better than a kingdom as other kingdoms could not target you and you could essentially force peace through barter given enough resources (for the wars that you start). Still, if we allowed kingdoms to declare war on you... we might just as well turn you into a kingdom when you capture a town - which would reduce the grace period of players that wish to prepare the creation of their kingdom.

Hopefully the fog of war thing is optional.
No, at least not initially. Which information are you most concerned about losing access to?

In regards to the OOB, do you think we would be able to get categories in the party selection screen?
@MRay would be the better person to discuss this. From my understanding, these kind of ideas clash with the ability of players to select a spawn order through the party screen.

Are they any plans to have an Alliance system ( "many-to-many" wars ) in the future ?
Maybe in the future, but not necessarily as part of the base game.

Are there any plans for adding Spanish from Spain language like in Warband?
There are no other languages planned beyond the ones that we have mentioned so far.

which would reduce the grace period of players that wish to prepare the creation of their kingdom.
Respectfully, I find no grace in the creation of a kingdom which also reduces roleplay. Why does my clan have to be tier 4 to able to declare myself as a king? Let the npcs make their decision with respect to the stats I have if I am a legitimate king or not in Calradia.

As a clan leader when I create a party, I am the one who pays the bills but I can not order them around, this is just not making any sense. I mean it would make more sense to me if I can create parties when I am a vassal or self proclaimed king while also at the same time I can create armies with the parties I created.

Removing the ability to create clan parties prior to being in a kingdom may be another idea, but I don't think we will go for it. Allowing the player to build strength outside of a kingdom and retain it when leaving one seems important to me.

Removing the ability to create clan parties prior to being in a kingdom may be another idea, but I don't think we will go for it. Allowing the player to build strength outside of a kingdom and retain it when leaving one seems important to me.
Please don't! I don't think removing it will help the game at all; it's better to improve what already is there.

Please don't! I don't think removing it will help the game at all; it's better to improve what already is there
True. I just giving an example which is making more sense to me than the current situation. Better thing to do is letting the player form armies with their own parties even if the player is not part of a faction. Maybe, reducing the party size of the clan signifacantly, except the player own party, could be a solution if TW sees this as an owerpowered feature.

Back
Top Bottom