Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Users who are viewing this thread

It is not entirely impossible for some additional scenes in this regard. However, it is too early for me to really say much on that.
I see...I hope this won't be completely dropped down. Clearing bandit hideouts as it is now, is very tedious because, among other things, there are only 4 scenes for each landscape type.

Of course, in the future, when the game is released and stable and all, modders will be able to create a lot of bandit hideouts, but there is a fine line between 'can do' and 'will do' :wink:

a)If clans are in the same faction, they tend to support each other in votings + they tend to support each other when their settlements are under attack. b)If clans are in different and hostile factions, if they're not the faction leaders, allied clans would tend to ignore each others settlements and not pursue each other when they're leading an army in campaign map as a favor. c)If allied clans are in different factions and both of the parties in allied clans are the faction leaders, these factions would tend to not declare war in each other.)
Yeah, without these, what is the purpose of existence of clans anyway.

A good list of changes; a little disappointed to hear diplomacy won't be (currently) getting much of a look in. Even a basic Alliance system would add alot of value

One thing that bothers me is how little advantage you have taken of minor faction troops. You put alot of work into making something like 10+ additional minor faction troop trees; and then left them in a pretty unusable state.

1. Minor faction troops are very difficult to obtain. An option to hire them would be nice. Perhaps from a select few notables scattered through the map - or by contacting a lord of the minor faction.

2. Minor factions troops only go to tier - 4; a huge shame; as it means long term all minor faction troops will be worse then regular forces. I'd love to see a tier 5 option added to every Minor faction; or failing that promote the final version to tier 5. Make them as valuable as any other troop type.

3. Some out-of-date designs. You've added hundreds of new items to the game; it would be nice to see these shared out accross the minor factions. The legion of the Betrayed for example would benefit massively from some of the new Greco-Roman helmet designs added to empire recently.

4. Sword sisters! They are in the game? Why can't we recruit them anywhere. Throw peasant women into a few villager party templates; and let us upgrade them as we did in Warband.

1. Sword sisters! They are in the game? Why can't we recruit them anywhere. Throw peasant women into a few villager party templates; and let us upgrade them as we did in Warband.
Legendary Shieldmaidens!

I believe sturgia would be the one to benefit the most and maybe the Battanians ( Welsh: Boudicca, the Warrior Queen)

I hope that the improvement to armour will be significant. I don't want it brought up to the level of the mod Realistic Battle, that's a bit too far in that it makes swords completely useless (I'm not here to argue how realistic this is or not, sufficient to say it doesn't make for fun gameplay when trying to use them) but I do hope that it will make heavy armour strong enough to survive multiple hits from two-handed weapons. As it is currently I can take a glaive or a two handed axe and one-shot pretty much every unit in the game. Imo they need armour effectiveness to survive at least 2-3 of them even from the strongest weapons.

I also do think that helmets should be proportionally weaker than torso armour. Eg a helmet at 50 armour should have less protection than a torso armour at 50 towards all weapons (or the head could have a multiplier towards blunt damage dealt to it, could work either way). I think this will create an incentive to aim for the head more against heavily armoured troops.

Thanks for the update, good to know many of the concerns expressed were updated upon with possible solutions from TW, if not already in your internal roadmaps. Or at least re-highlighting them with us means, it's just a matter of waiting for the actual patch/updates to come in when they do.

@epil Not ignoring your post, I have read it. It just requires more time to respond to than I currently have. In short, I guess the larger suggestions still fall into the scope / oc category. However, a couple of the mechanics you describe may arguably be working through relationship already. I may be able to find some time on the weekend to investigate, but I do have a flight to Ankara on Friday, so may be tired too.

One thing that bothers me is how little advantage you have taken of minor faction troops. You put alot of work into making something like 10+ additional minor faction troop trees; and then left them in a pretty unusable state. [...]

I think your suggestions are largely reasonable and have a realistic scope.

I was wondering whatever happened to being able to control gangs in cities. I have not heard much talk if any on it and it was mentioned in early gameplay releases.

• Item variety
    • What's a warrior without their weapon? In an effort to increase the general variety of equipment, we have been working on a number of new crafting pieces as well as making some of the existing pieces available across additional weapon types.
I hope this isnot only for weapons. I mean we will got more armor variations in the future.
I really would like to see some high tier gauntlets and boots for Aserais and for Khuzaits. (Khuzait Khan's guard wears Battannian warlord gauntlet)
Also I dont have the source but when the game released in EA, I got an answer about there is a plan for unique armor pieces for minor factions.
Camel armor would absolutelly awesome.

There have been many long lists of repetitive suggestions. Things that nearly every poster on the single player forum agree that the game needs. Why are those, not only NOT added, they aren't even mentioned as NOT being added. A direct response to each of those I think, is what we need. What of those suggestions will or won't be added?

Last edited:
@Duh_TaleWorlds Is there any chance you could add more mid and late game enemies? like roaming parties of deserters and the return of manhunters I know these are small things but think it would help make feel the world more alive and sprawling. I don't mind battling a lot but just fighting looters and each factions bandits can get a bit boring. I find having a good variety of enemies can give you different challanges and helps the game feel less repetitive in the long run although I know it would be a lot of work (y)

@Duh_TaleWorlds Is there any chance you could add more mid and late game enemies? like roaming parties of deserters and the return of manhunters I know these are small things but think it would help make feel the world more alive and sprawling. I don't mind battling a lot but just fighting looters and each factions bandits can get a bit boring. I find having a good variety of enemies can give you different challanges and helps the game feel less repetitive in the long run although I know it would be a lot of work (y)

Yeah. I'd say get rid of Looter-only bands completely as they are 99% of the time free loot and XP. Have 'Outlaw' bands the lowest tier bandits consisting of looters, poachers (maybe a poor archer unit) and/or some mounted ransackers. Also if your force is overwhelmingly bigger than them they should scatter and be destroyed without you getting to fight them for free XP and loot.

Very good, it surely looks promising !

A good list of changes; a little disappointed to hear diplomacy won't be (currently) getting much of a look in. Even a basic Alliance system would add alot of value

Well, I was about to say this ... this this.
I'm looking forward creating alliances and having many-to-many wars, it would add so much depth on the Diplomacy part of the game, and further unlock many possibilities of gameplay. It's a complete no-brainer to truly enjoy that part of the game.

For now, I believe, without further input from TW themselves that it would make too much havoc on the Simulation AI if it was implemented.

A direct response to each of those I think, is what we need. What of those suggestions will or won't be added?
If it gives you peace of mind, you can consider anything not mentioned in the future plans as "won't be added". More realistically, though, we will continue to review suggestions and take them into account when the opportunity presents itself (more time/resources available than expected).

Edith: I also think some of these are out of date. First item in first list...
1654029206936.png
There is always a chance, I guess. However, currently we are not actively looking into it. So I wouldn't expect anything like this pre-launch.

Last edited:
Warriors of Calradia,

It is time to share another update on some of our current singleplayer related works with you.

Stability and performance will continue to be a top priority for us. Beyond that, you will find a number of our other efforts listed below. Please note that this includes both broad and specific, as well as, shorter and longer term items.

Near Hearth & Home

• Cutscenes
    • Cutscenes or “Scene Notifications” were first teased in our future plans’ post. Since then we have created a number of these animations for different story and world events to add more weight to them. They presented a multi-disciplinary challenge (to Design, UI, Art & Animation, Engine, Campaign Gameplay, Audio and QA), but we are quite happy with how they have turned out so far.

• Scenes
    • Over the course of development our focus shifted away from smaller locations and more towards ensuring greater variety and quality in core gameplay areas. As such, we have been working hard on creating the remaining town scenes, which will offer new siege challenges, as well as additional battle terrains to cover further regions of interest. Naturally, we also continue to improve our existing scenes.
    • As this concerns a particularly large body of work, it won’t all drop at once but there will be continuous updates.

• Sieges
    • Sieges represent one of our most complex gameplay experiences and we continue to polish the many pieces that make up this puzzle. To give a recent example, we overhauled the way that both AI attackers and defenders use troop transfers (between formations) in sieges. This was done to reduce transfers at inconvenient times, in quick succession or with poor overall oversight, which could lead to large numbers of soldiers being transferred from opposite sites unnecessarily.

• Battles
    • While combat is certainly one of the game’s strong points, there are always things to be improved upon - and one of them is the way in which reinforcements enter the battlefield. Specifically, we have been working on means to prevent cases of “spawn camping” and troops suddenly appearing in the middle of an active fight.

• Armor Effectiveness
    • This has been a topic of passionate discussion and we are happy to let you know that we are close to releasing an adjustment aimed at making armor more effective. This will not adopt the warband system, but it will go towards stronger protection.

• Main Hero Battle Death
    • Given all the extra armor, it may be time to raise the stakes.
Yes, it's optional.
  • Combat Mechanic Improvements
    • We have gone over the combat mechanics for knock down, dismounting and push back and removed the random factor to allow for a more reliable and predictable experience for players. Among other things, we also introduced a new resistance variable that is derived from character skills. This allows us to make some troops and heroes less vulnerable to these mechanics and will allow players to develop their characters to become less vulnerable as well.

• Army AI Improvements
    • In recent months, we spent quite a bit of time reviewing, adjusting and testing the army AI. In essence, we set out to address the following items:
      • Less Patrolling, More Sieging
      • Less Starving, More Sieging
      • Less Recruiting, More Sieging
      • Better Cohesion Management, More Sieging
      • Other trickery to the same end
    • We also don’t like peacetime armies.

• “Party Templates”
    • The idea of parties that reflect their leader’s preferences has gone through some iterations since we originally shared it. Nonetheless, we still intend to pursue the approach that weighs recruitment and upgrading according to this preference. The initial, releasable implementation is close to completion and we hope to soon evaluate it further based on player feedback.

• Disorganized State
    • We have gone over the conditions and effects of the disorganized state, which temporarily weakens parties and armies after a recent challenge, to make it more meaningful and consistent.

• Item variety
    • What's a warrior without their weapon? In an effort to increase the general variety of equipment, we have been working on a number of new crafting pieces as well as making some of the existing pieces available across additional weapon types.

• Crafting Unlock Overhaul
    • With this broader pool of crafting pieces, we also had another look at how crafting works. We don’t really like that all crafting pieces are unlocked from the same source. Instead, we want to provide more of a sense of specialization. Thus, future smiths will, for example, need to craft axes to unlock axe pieces.

• Simulation Health
    • Economy
      • While this has always been a point of importance to us, we set out to review and address two issues in particular in recent months. For one, some items were too profitable in general while others didn’t have enough regional price distinction. This made trade much less engaging than we would like it to be. Similarly, due to the same market dynamics, workshops were suffering as well. If you bought the right one, there was little reason to engage with it again and more often than not “the right one” came down to the same small set of options. The changes we made to supply and demand have had promising results so far.
    • Recruit balance
      • Calradians have seemingly always been happy to join a good fight. However, recruits are not just plentiful but oftentimes overly powerful. This has been raised in the community before and we also recognize it as an issue and have made according adjustments to the way notables develop their troops.
    • AI Prisoner Management
      • It is not just recruits that are plentiful but also prisoners. So much so that calradian dungeons would overflow as time passed. We have been looking into a solution for this and will likely share it with you soon.
    • Child generation
      • Despite our previous adjustments to the adult population, there was still a problem with an initial generational gap. To address this, we will likely generate additional children with different ages at the start of the game for any clans that fall under a given member limit. As an extra, this should also make such clans more viable.

• Character Respeccing
    • With the multitude of perks that the game offers, it can be difficult to find the character setup that is just right for you. Fortunately, it will soon no longer be required to wait for your heir to take over or to start a new game to try out another character build. Instead, you will be able to change the perks of your characters and clan members as you play.

• Skill experience gains
    • Character development is an important aspect of the game that follows the principle of learning by doing. While this generally works, we feel that some skills don’t yet offer an adequate progression. Fortunately, the aforementioned economy changes should help with trade. Additionally, we have also been working on more tailored adjustments for all combat skills, leadership, roguery and engineering. We look forward to your feedback on this.

• Immersion & Quality of Life
    • There are many adjustments that relate to this category in some way. Below you will find a few of the ones we thought interesting.
    • Additional AI Offers
      • We were quite happy with the reception and impact of AI ransom and peace offers to the player. These new notifications make the world feel more alive and we want to build upon them. For this purpose, we are exploring marriage, mercenary and vassalage offers.
    • Encyclopedia Information
      • The all knowing encyclopedia is not just a challenge to immersion, but also inconsistent with our scouting mechanic. To address this, we are working on similar limitations to the encyclopedia that will create a form of “Fog of War ” for those that are outside the reach of the player or their agents.
    • Party Management Options
      • Clan members can, at times, be a hassle to track down and manage. To address this, we have been exploring new options to send, recall and exchange them.
    • Civilian Scenes
      • Our towns and castles have a range of NPC characters that can partake in numerous activities to give the location life. However, castles, in particular, were still a bit underpopulated. This should be improved in future versions of the game as we increased the population and their use of animation points in a number of settlements.
    • World Map & Associated Visuals
      • Much like scenes, the world map can make or break immersion. We therefore decided to allocate some time towards resolving issues with party teleporting, floating and rotating among a number of other tweaks. Of course, we also always continue to polish the actual map.

• Audio
    • Improved UI sounds
      • We added new sounds all around the UI and revised some existing ones for coherence. To provide an example, you will now be able to hear audio feedback when a persuasion attempt goes awry or pleasant.
    • Horse sound revisions
      • As a constant request, we have been working on improving the audibility of approaching horses and fixed some bugs in the occlusion system that prevented some sounds from being played. This is an ongoing work, and more improvements will arrive as time passes.
      • We improved horse physics sounds to make it more impactful when they die.
    • Ambient upgrades
      • Quad ambiences were another topic in our future plans post. They are a great means to make scenes sound more believable and our work on them is ongoing. A few of the ambients have been updated to Quads, and we fixed some crucial spatialization bugs while we were at it.

• Localization
    • The localization effort also continues. Even though we have now released translations for Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish (Latin American) and Russian that does not mean that we are at the end of their journey. We greatly appreciate all the feedback that we have received on this front and are working with our partners to process it. We are also happy to say that German is close to being shared as well.

A ways ahead

As the attentive reader will surely have noticed, there are some topics that we haven’t covered yet. In our future plans, we spoke about Banner Bearers, Claimant Quests, Sally Outs and Vocalization. These are all areas that we are still pursuing, but they will require some time yet. Once we have made more progress on them and other topics, we will be happy to share further details.

Please keep in mind that the items discussed here are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone, and we will adjust them if the need arises.

I'm still waiting on proper siege defenses. Whats the point of having multi-tiered walls if the defenders dont properly use them. There are a couple Vlandian and Battanian castles that have walls behind the main section in which archers are never utilized. When can we get a fix for this?

I'm still waiting on proper siege defenses. Whats the point of having multi-tiered walls if the defenders dont properly use them. There are a couple Vlandian and Battanian castles that have walls behind the main section in which archers are never utilized. When can we get a fix for this?
Have you opened any reports on the scenes that you consider to be faulty?

If it gives you peace of mind, you can consider anything not mentioned in the future plans as "won't be added". More realistically, though, we will continue to review suggestions and take them into account when the opportunity presents itself (more time/resources available than expected).
I love your sarcastic answers

Didn't even mean it sarcastically. Just seemed like the pragmatic thing to do if you are stressed by uncertainty about x idea making it or not.
totally, man. May i ask a question? I know you said about it's internal discussion yet, probably confidential. But my question about coronation it was because the crown we have in game, which you can only get using the pool items (cheat), so i was curious how they'll appear or play out in game. Could give an insight on this or it considered future debate?

And do you guys will consider Clan Heirlooms? I mean, when a leader die or clan member dies all his gear is erased from game, right? How about the troops he was leading take the "corpse" (which could have Funerals - especially for kings and emperor - as cutscenes as well, maybe) back to the clan fief and deposit the item at least the gear he was carrying there? This way we don't lose some custom personal items we smithed. For example I'd hate lose the Justiciar sword i got from Lucon and the copy i made of her 1h/2h, i'd love pass down through generations

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom