Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Users who are viewing this thread

• Fortunately, the aforementioned economy changes should help with trade. Additionally, we have also been working on more tailored adjustments for all combat skills, leadership, roguery and engineering. We look forward to your feedback on this.
Medicine is the biggest problem skill. Also, medicine is less useful the longer/further into the game you go, so it's really bad that it takes so long to get it high. It doesn't matter if you get to 200+ skill at the end of the game when you take the last fief. We need it much much much sooner/faster.
Sieges represent one of our most complex gameplay experiences
The player needs to have full control over what troops go in each group and what each group does. All the tinkering in the world won't matter if you enter the battle and "the game" just blobs all your troops into 2 groups and you can't just make form a proper firing line or send shield units into the breach first.
While combat is certainly one of the game’s strong points
Please teach ranged units to shoot horse archer more gooder. I'm tired of having to bend over back wards to position them just to make them kill a few before they circle or run away. If you have 2x 3x or more fire power they should be obliterated when they enter range, letting them just go through un scathed because.. ... ... is unacceptable. Please teach Cav to hit things with weapons. Please please please consider group targeting at the players control AKA select so I can stop crossing my fingers my troops make the choice that will not get them killed.
In our future plans, we spoke about Banner Bearers, Claimant Quests, Sally Outs and Vocalization. These are all areas that we are still pursuing, but they will require some time yet. Once we have made more progress on them and other topics, we will be happy to share further details.
(-_-; Does this mean none of it is coming in the next patch? Is the blocker issue really just a refactor that adds nothing to gameplay like people have been doom posting?

All of them sound awesome despite being vaguely described. Though the "disorganized state" improvement looks like its going to be my favorite among all.

But please let player to have some manual control in the kingdom management and other aspects, player cant even tell his/her catapults to stop shooting in the battle. Just like how player also cant even tell his/her troops to attack a specific formation.

Alas, it looks like we players dont have too many ways to influence the developers, but it would be amazing to have some complexity in this game (literally in any aspect be it kingdom management, diplomacy, parties, marriage, settlement management, clan affairs etc.)

Last edited:
wow, that's a big roadmap, which almost improve everything I want, thanks! and question: When will we have the "destory kingdom" mechanism like M&B warband? endless raiding party from kingdoms without settlement is painful and many players want to destory a kingdom without kill every single lord

Last edited:
“Party Templates”
  • The idea of parties that reflect their leader’s preferences has gone through some iterations since we originally shared it. Nonetheless, we still intend to pursue the approach that weighs recruitment and upgrading according to this preference. The initial, releasable implementation is close to completion and we hope to soon evaluate it further based on player feedback.
About partytemplates. As a modder who has a troop tree mod. I want to ask "will such update destory those troop tree mods?" will you set something like “must choose specfic troop branch like legionary branch” and remove any random factor like "If xx then split solider into 60/40 between archer and infantary? there are many troop tree mods which add new type of soldier even overhauled everything and I made such mod too. for example. I add a horse archer branch for empire elite troop tree, will the new template system make them disappear in AI Parties because the AI only want to upgrade every empire elite solider into cavalry instead of horsearcher?

On-topic now, Will we get more feature breakdowns for these planned features, in near future? They sound really great.
The detailed feature break down will generally come alongside the respective patch. For updates like the one here, we seek to balance their release with the state of development - that is to say, we would want to achieve enough progress to share the information with a relatively low chance of significant changes that may have people feel disappointed. As @Flesson19 knows... I have been looking into this particular update for a while.
The player needs to have full control over what troops go in each group and what each group does. All the tinkering in the world won't matter if you enter the battle and "the game" just blobs all your troops into 2 groups and you can't just make form a proper firing line or send shield units into the breach first.
You do have full control. You just need to turn off the delegation to AI that siege missions start on default with (by selecting the formations and giving the relevant order).

Does this mean none of it is coming in the next patch? Is the blocker issue really just a refactor that adds nothing to gameplay like people have been doom posting?
Yes, none of the items that will "still take some time" will be in the next patch. Blocker issues are crashes / gameplay breaking problems, so they never "add" content. We don't usually add features/content once a patch has gone into its release testing phase (as that would require significant parts, if not all, of the testing to start from scratch).

When will we have the "destory kingdom" mechanism like M&B warband? endless raiding party from kingdoms without settlement is painful and many players want to destory a kingdom without kill every single lord
You can also try to defect the remaining lords. I think we will have a look at both the AI defection in essentially defeated kingdoms as well as execution consequences.

About partytemplates. As a modder who has a troop tree mod. I want to ask "will such update destory those troop tree mods?" will you set something like “must choose specfic troop branch like legionary branch” and remove any random factor like "If xx then split solider into 60/40 between archer and infantary? there are many troop tree mods which add new type of soldier even overhauled everything and I made such mod too. for example. I add a horse archer branch for empire elite troop tree, will the new template system make them disappear in AI Parties because the AI only want to upgrade every empire elite solider into cavalry instead of horsearcher?
We intend to make the system moddable via model and xml.

You can also try to defect the remaining lords. I think we will have a look at both the AI defection in essentially defeated kingdoms as well as execution consequences.

We intend to make the system moddable via model and xml.
1.Try to make every clan defect is still painful, what I want is something like "If a kingdom lose all of its settlement for 3 years it will be destoryed and all of the remaining clan will defect to other factions or just disappear, like M&B warband."
2.ok, that's good, I hope the new system still easy like now, and won't force every "troop expand" modder to have extra work just to keep their work function.

Thank you!

I like this update.

But I'm still disappointed we won't be seeing more kingdom management mechanics similar to the diplomacy mod for Warband and Bannerlord or a more fleshed out dynasty system? Or the crime empire stuff that was talked about in the earliest of devblogs? Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with the planned changes. As long as modding is in a good place at the end of EA, I'm good.

Just at least consider the requests for more 'meatier' features.

You do have full control. You just need to turn off the delegation to AI that siege missions start on default with (by selecting the formations and giving the relevant order).
If you mean we will in a upcoming version that's good, but we absolutely cannot keep the groups we set in pre-battle deployment after we click ready. The game clumps them into arbitrary groups depending on siege gear/walls and we cannot separate our ranged and infantry to control them in a useful way. This causes various problems such as not being able to issue SW to make infantry use shield without also making ranged units get to close to shoot effetely (or xbows raise shields) and of course not being able to send infantry units ahead with ranged in a support position and such.
Yes, none of the items that will "still take some time" will be in the next patch. Blocker issues are crashes / gameplay breaking problems, so they never "add" content. We don't usually add features/content once a patch has gone into its release testing phase (as that would require significant parts, if not all, of the testing to start from scratch).
So.... what's in the next patch? ? You can tell me, I'll keep a secret ?
It's medicine stuff isn't it? You didn't list medicine in the future plans with other skills and you didn't respond to my comments about, cuz it's come'n soon.

Last edited:
i like the fact that many of the simpler futures ,to add or balance, i have requested are being worked upon.

Thank you guys for sharing even "the not so sure" parts of the coming patches. I can only hope the entire community can "handle it if they are not delivered" .

Keep it up.

Thank you! Also please fix all children being copies of their siblings and being their mothers culture. These issues have been plaguing kids for too long.
also..please, fix the bug of children being born only in mother culture, or a suggestion, allow tutors and if the tutor is from different culture the child can take his culture, but makes no sense a child born inside vlandia or empire and having the culture of aserai or sturgia for example, specially the father being imperial or vlandian.
100% agree. It is frustrating to see "Vlandian" clans that consist mostly or in extreme cases even exclusively of Aserai, Sturgian or Battanian clan members. It also means that these clans will have the governor culture penalty in fiefs of their homeland, since they use a clan member as governor.

Problem is that even a kingdom that consists only of the ruler's clan is still a nuisance, since the ruler's clan alone will still run around with several parties. They are also somehow still able to hire several mercenary clans. So even years after losing the last fief and last vassal clan these kingdoms are still able to be a pain in the ass.

giphy.gif
A bag of butter and sweet candies if you tell me privately :xf-tongue::xf-tongue::xf-wink:

If you mean we will in a upcoming version that's good, but we absolutely cannot keep the groups we set in pre-battle deployment after we click ready. The game clumps them into arbitrary groups depending on siege gear/walls and we cannot separate our ranged and infantry to control them in a useful way. This causes various problems such as not being able to issue SW to make infantry use shield without also making ranged units get to close to shoot effetely (or xbows raise shields) and of course not being able to send infantry units ahead with ranged in a support position and such.
I read your initial statement as "I am unable to give formations orders in sieges". What you are describing here seems like a different issue, which I will bring up internally.

It's medicine stuff isn't it? You didn't list medicine in the future plans with other skills and you didn't respond to my comments about, cuz it's come'n soon.
I don't list medicine here (the future plans post is a separate, older announcement), because it currently has not received changes to its progression. I think this would be one of the items that will be further investigated after the first batch of changes hits.

1.Try to make every clan defect is still painful, what I want is something like "If a kingdom lose all of its settlement for 3 years it will be destoryed and all of the remaining clan will defect to other factions or just disappear, like M&B warband."
Problem is that even a kingdom that consists only of the ruler's clan is still a nuisance, since the ruler's clan alone will still run around with several parties. They are also somehow still able to hire several mercenary clans. So even years after losing the last fief and last vassal clan these kingdoms are still able to be a pain in the ass.
Both of these concerns seem alleviated, even if not solved, by having another look at the balancing of AI defections & execution consequences.

100% agree. It is frustrating to see "Vlandian" clans that consist mostly or in extreme cases even exclusively of Aserai, Sturgian or Battanian clan members. It also means that these clans will have the governor culture penalty in fiefs of their homeland, since they use a clan member as governor.
I wouldn't mind being able to change culture, or bring in some other member of culture so you can have clan families of other nationality, that's what usually happens in the world, both fiction and real, but at least give means to that happen, like tutors (children education) that could change, or the clan Women leader (happens a lot) would make her culture primary when children born

Both of these concerns seem alleviated, even if not solved, by having another look at the balancing of AI defections & execution consequences.
I'm a little confused how "AI defections & execution consequences" will alleviated children all being their mothers cultures. Or are you saying those fall under that category as required bug fixes?

Also can you give any more insight into what you guys are suggesting with this?
  • Additional AI Offers
    • We were quite happy with the reception and impact of AI ransom and peace offers to the player. These new notifications make the world feel more alive and we want to build upon them. For this purpose, we are exploring marriage, mercenary and vassalage offers.
This will be amazing. I hope you are including both states for mercenary and vassalage. What I mean is as a king getting offers from mercenary's and from potential vassals and also when you are a mercenary/unaffiliated getting offers for merc work or to become a vassal. Both states would make the world feel more alive.

I wouldn't mind being able to change culture, or bring in some other member of culture so you can have clan families of other nationality, that's what usually happens in the world, both fiction and real, but at least give means to that happen, like tutors (children education) that could change, or the clan Women leader (happens a lot) would make her culture primary when children born
I honestly felt it was fine the way they had it before with girls being the mothers culture and boys being the fathers culture.

I'm a little confused how "AI defections & execution consequences" will alleviated children all being their mothers cultures. Or are you saying those fall under that category as required bug fixes?
It won't :iamamoron: had the wrong part of his post copy-pasted. Corrected now.

Also can you give any more insight into what you guys are suggesting with this?
I don't think we will have vassals reaching out to player kings any time soon. It would subvert one of the most meaningful persuasions and even if that wasn't a problem, it would need to be carefully reviewed in regards to balance. Occasional offers by mercenary minor factions may be a good idea, but they are not currently being worked on.

It won't :iamamoron: had the wrong part of his post copy-pasted. Corrected now.
Save the children Duh!
giphy.gif
I don't think we will have vassals reaching out to player kings any time soon. It would subvert one of the most meaningful persuasions and even if that wasn't a problem, it would need to be carefully reviewed in regards to balance.
I agree and would prefer a messenger system so we don't have to chase everyone down to start the persuasions. This would put player kings and AI kings on the same level considering the AI dont have to meet anyone in person to convince them to join their faction.

Occasional offers by mercenary minor factions may be a good idea, but they are not currently being worked on.
I think this one makes more sense since player mercenaries have to run around and ask to be a mercenary (these offers would be more expensive as the AI mercs should be trying to make more $$ than they currently are), but a messenger system would achieve the same results. I assume what you originally were implying is that players will now get offers to become a mercenary which will be a good improvement on the player mercenary side.

Occasional offers by mercenary minor factions may be a good idea,
i can guarantee that is indeed going to be a good idea.
the most frustrating thing about mercenaries is the need to find the leader, This as been alleviated in 1.7.2. since we can talk to them after taking them prisoners. But either using the ransom system to get offers or the ability to hire mercs by talking to any member of the clan will improve them greatly.

Also because mercenaries are extremely volatile. they might fight for you for years or they might leave in days.

(IMO) Best case but unrealistic scenario would be to give us a "pay upfront" feature that grants the mercenaries extra gold ( daily or not ) in exchange of an imposed minimum number of days to serve

@Blood Gryphon I never noticed girls were mother culture I thought all depend the primary leader and genitor ( aka Father or Mother in case being clan leader), but i still think wrong the girl born mother culture, still makes no sense, since she's born from imperial father and inside the empire, for example. Sure, education changes a bit, but still i'd like viable ways to change, consider more like control dynasty (like in ck3?).. children all belong to the father unless for example marrys into mother dynasty of different culture

Civilian Scenes
  • Our towns and castles have a range of NPC characters that can partake in numerous activities to give the location life. However, castles, in particular, were still a bit underpopulated. This should be improved in future versions of the game as we increased the population and their use of animation points in a number of settlements.
Hmm, does that include any random events a player can interact with (alley robbery, drunkards at taverns, etc.) or was it meant that simply more scenes animations will be added?

Also, In the previous 'Future plans' topic I remember there was a point of adding more bandit hideouts. I cannot see this point mentioned here and I also can't remember any new hideouts being added during the 1.7.0-1.7.2 period. Was it dropped or does the team continue their work on that?
Main Hero Battle Death
  • Given all the extra armor, it may be time to raise the stakes.
Finally. Maybe I'll be able to play any heir of mine for once.

@Blood Gryphon I never noticed girls were mother culture I thought all depend the primary leader and genitor ( aka Father or Mother in case being clan leader)
The current (bugged) system is that children always inherit the culture from their mother. Before this bug was introduced, the sytem was that daughters inherit the culture from their mothers and son from their fathers.

but i still think wrong the girl born mother culture, still makes no sense, since she's born from imperial father and inside the empire, for example. Sure, education changes a bit, but still i'd like viable ways to change, consider more like control dynasty (like in ck3?).. children all belong to the father unless for example marrys into mother dynasty of different culture
I agree, neither the intended system (daughters get culture form mother, sons from father) nor the current bugged one make that much sense. E.g, if Derthert marries a Empire noblewoman, why would their daughters be educated in Empire culture rather than Vlandian? They are Vlandian princesses after all.

As dannazgu states, the Crusader Kings system would (imo) be the best. For Bannerlord this means that children would inherit the culture from their clan (=father, unless child is part of its mother's dynasty/clan). Maybe also with the option to educate a child in a specific culture, potentially with some requirements (like a qualified tutor - could be a charm perk that allows characters to educate children in their culture)

Back
Top Bottom