Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's the estimate: 1.2.0 beta was released in june 2023, we are in feb 2024 and they are still patching the bugs from the previous patch.

Here's the estimate: 1.2.0 beta was released in june 2023, we are in feb 2024 and they are still patching the bugs from the previous patch.
At this point they could maybe make a gofundme campaign to hire more and better coders because at this point (actually already a year ago) it was obvious that development has completely stalled. Maybe a "Save Taleworlds" campaign where people can donate would help so they can afford to hire again, although their website shows a pretty large dev team but that might have been from before Covid 🤷‍♂️

I have noticed that the performance to previous versions has deteriorated or someone has experienced it too (beta) ?

As the other person mentioned beta can be unstable.

That being said I've also had some instantces where the settings of graphics and performance had been cranked up.
Read I can run high fine, but if I run Very high etc it will sound like its a nuclear reactor haveing a meltdown.

So check if any of the settings have been changed perhaps as another source of this issue?

At this point they could maybe make a gofundme campaign to hire more and better coders because at this point (actually already a year ago) it was obvious that development has completely stalled. Maybe a "Save Taleworlds" campaign where people can donate would help so they can afford to hire again, although their website shows a pretty large dev team but that might have been from before Covid 🤷‍♂️
I think that most of their staff is working on their next project (or at least I seem to remember reading about it), so I am not sure it's a matter of funds, more like they have already gotten as much money as they were going to from bannerlords and they are more than happy with the current "speed" of development unlike us.

I think that most of their staff is working on their next project (or at least I seem to remember reading about it), so I am not sure it's a matter of funds, more like they have already gotten as much money as they were going to from bannerlords and they are more than happy with the current "speed" of development unlike us.
It's ridiculous to release a game and charge 50€ now that has gamebreaking bugs in it, like companions being broken and unavailable as governors or for party roles. Which is a bug btw that wasn't even there until some patch ago. It's sad to see the game being abandoned but it makes sense at least if they have a new project in the works, which i prob won't buy simply because of how they treated M&B

Why haven't you added a toggle to force all large scale battles and sieges to DAYTIME ONLY! While the player can avoid night combat, it's simply NOT true if it's the AI that chooses to start a battle or siege. It's actually pretty unhistorical for major battles/sieges to take place at night..it rarely, if ever happened - with very good reason.

Imagine fighting Austerlitz, Cannae, Gettysburg, etc at night. Or hell, even Hastings. or even Manzikert...the last is specifically for the devs!

This is a new low. Been quiet for way to long now
For sure, man

after the original team left, I think Duh is the last.

The quality just dropped, and If he left or got fired from TW, i have great fears for this series (Mount and Blade), the quality has been just low and sometimes I fear from any next installment, whoever was lead the game design **** it up real good

@Duh_TaleWorlds

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom