Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

@Duh_TaleWorlds I wonder if there are any plans to make mercenary factions a little bit more noticeable? Maybe add them bases (I'd love to see the Wolfskins base), add some quests, connected to them (I bet Hidden Hands quests would've been quite interesting if done right)? It's just, they have some brief descriptions, but right now they are nothing more than another gang of looters/bandits, only with a lord. Would be nice if they'd mattered a bit more than they do ATM.

I request to incorporate the shield blocking like we had in Warband, where I could right click hold and face the attacker. This reaction crap is not going to cut it for me, I am no longer a young person. I right click and move mouse and it does nothing, only if shield is down does it work. Who would dare lower shield with arrows raining in? Even for a second. The movement keys are for moving your character so how does that work, move right and block right?

Did not get past first training session.
You have to move the mouse in the direction you want to fight. Honestly it is super immersive once you understand it. It is the perfect break from a FPS

But what about the hierarchy system and other political opportunities? Now there is almost no politics in the game. Even laws give only bonuses, but no opportunities. The king does not decide anything in the vote, it's terrible.
My assumptions (themes) for improving the situation:
1) Link #1
2) Link #2
Try Diplomacy Fixes. It gives the king a veto power on policies (if you vote to give him veto power). Haven't actually had him veto anything yet, but it's supposed to be working.

I have re-read this and It looks like most of this roadmap have been completed, right?

When will the actually substantial content will come? All of this is great but it definetly not enough to make me want to open the game again.

I would like to see this game becoming more than just a 2020 Warband... Don't misunderstand me, i love the game but after playing it a lot i miss somethings that i should not need a mod to have...

Things i would like to see:
- Timeline with important dates and events
; Also, a bigger perspective of time (not only day by day, it would be interesting to just sit down when nothing is happening and just let a few months or years pass until new events). It would bring some atention to the childrens you have since you will get older faster.

- More action in peace times. It would be nice to have diplomatic and economic obligations as a king or count.

- More intrigue and drama. No need to hide it, i'm talking about something deep like Crusader Kings style. I want characters to lie in my face with a big smile and a hand holding a knife behind his back. I want the social status and reputation to really be a thing, not only to tell you what you can and cannot do or if someone will like you or not, i want to see real consequences to, for example, denouncing a traitor without proofs, denouncing a cheating wife, misbehaving in the presence of the king, trying to assassinate someone and failing (or succeeding but being discovered), impregnating a lord's wife... what i mean is: I want the drama of a court and its consequences, know what i mean? We need something more than just fight war after war and it needs to be something natural, not scripted.

- I want to be part of this world, so i need a home. We should have a village to call of ours, a place to say "it is my home, those are my neighbours, i want to protect them" and not with random NPCs, but some people that i can get out for a while, come back and see that they aged, got children, etc..
; Aside that, would be great to have a house. The magic of Mount and blade to me is that you don't need to be a warrior everytime, you can be whatever you want in a medieval world, so, why not be a farmer? Why not be a Blacksmith? Why not build your workshop or farm near your house and pay taxes just like any peasant out of the nobility? That would be pretty immersive. I know mods will be able to do it, but why not the game itself?

- A bigger map. You guys made an excelent job representing Calradia all over again, but i think this game have a lot of potential to grow even more. I'm talking about new lands on the same continent, some islands and a new continent. Ships and naval battles, new factions, barbarian menaces.

- Remember Viking Conquest and its realistic health features? Would be awesome to have it back, being optional, sure.

- National tech improvements. Mount and Blade gives the sensation of being stuck in time. We need something to show that the world is walking right to the future. I though of the nations starting with basic tech weapons, management and economic methods. To improve it each nation would need a great figure (a scholar, an architect, a scientist, a reputed steward) wich would be hired (high prices) to improve those tech trees.

Those are not really suggestions, but some points i found important to share about my vision of what Mound and Blade can be. I know there's a big "sandbox" idea around it, but i think this game can be MUCH more. I love this franchise and all i want is it to become something remarkable.

Last edited:
I would like to see this game becoming more than just a 2020 Warband... Don't misunderstand me, i love the game but after playing it a lot i miss somethings that i should not need a mod to have...

; Also, a bigger perspective of time (not only day by day, it would be interesting to just sit down when nothing is happening and just let a few months or years pass until new events). It would bring some atention to the childrens you have since you will get older faster.

- More action in peace times. It would be nice to have diplomatic and economic obligations as a king or count.

- More intrigue and drama. No need to hide it, i'm talking about something deep like Crusader Kings style. I want characters to lie in my face with a big smile and a hand holding a knife behind his back. I want the social status and reputation to really be a thing, not only to tell you what you can and cannot do or if someone will like you or not, i want to see real consequences to, for example, denouncing a traitor without proofs, denouncing a cheating wife, misbehaving in the presence of the king, trying to assassinate someone and failing (or succeeding but being discovered), impregnating a lord's wife... what i mean is: I want the drama of a court and its consequences, know what i mean? We need something more than just fight war after war and it needs to be something natural, not scripted.

- I want to be part of this world, so i need a home. We should have a village to call of ours, a place to say "it is my home, those are my neighbours, i want to protect them" and not with random NPCs, but some people that i can get out for a while, come back and see that they aged, got children, etc..
; Aside that, would be great to have a house. The magic of Mount and blade to me is that you don't need to be a warrior everytime, you can be whatever you want in a medieval world, so, why not be a farmer? Why not be a Blacksmith? Why not build your workshop or farm near your house and pay taxes just like any peasant out of the nobility? That would be pretty immersive. I know mods will be able to do it, but why not the game itself?

- A bigger map. You guys made an excelent job representing Calradia all over again, but i think this game have a lot of potential to grow even more. I'm talking about new lands on the same continent, some islands and a new continent. Ships and naval battles, new factions, barbarian menaces.

- Remember Viking Conquest and its realistic health features? Would be awesome to have it back, being optional, sure.

- National tech improvements. Mount and Blade gives the sensation of being stuck in time. We need something to show that the world is walking right to the future. I though of the nations starting with basic tech weapons, management and economic methods. To improve it each nation would need a great figure (a scholar, an architect, a scientist, a reputed steward) wich would be hired (high prices) to improve those tech trees.

Those are not really suggestions, but some points i found important to share about my vision of what Mound and Blade can be. I know there's a big "sandbox" idea around it, but i think this game can be MUCH more. I love this franchise and all i want is it to become something remarkable.
And I'll have All of the above, PLEASE !

Would any one be opposed to actually joining mercenary factions and once you get high enough clan tier and charm skill you could perhaps persuade the leader to step down or even challenge him to a duel this way when you go to form a kingdom you actually have some vassals. One thing I've noticed is you would die pretty quickly without vassals and they cost alot to get right now ranging 100 to 300k for unlanded and landed being damn near impossible to pick up costing well over a million gold think this would bring some good rp to game as well.

I like your ideas

I just created an account to state my concordance with your comment.

The game is awesome, but i miss some sort of deeper politics and administration systems.

Last edited:

Yes please devs, give us all of this and more! Worse case make it into various DLCs, I don't care I'll pay!

By the way, do you mean something like revenge for a killed kin but 'consequences'? Would've been cool if nobles reacted to the fact that you've executed their relative /friend, maybe even tried to take revenge on you or your relatives!
That's exactly what i'm talking about, some social consequences like people ploting to kill you, to claim your holdings, kill your family and/or companions, etc.

Worse case make it into various DLCs, I don't care I'll pay!
I wouldn't go that far since the game still a warband 2.0, but i would love to see things like that.

Appreciate the post and ideas. I think quests right now are a big priority, right now there just aren't many, and the relationships with lords feels unneeded as there isn't enough to do with them, and adding quests with them would improve this!

So, is Taleworlds planning to increase cities immersion in future? Like fully opening cities for exploration and adding many other industries and workshops?

Back
Top Bottom