Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

• AI
    • Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
    • Siege tower and ladder usage fixes for AI
    • Additional fixes on siege battles
    • Agent AI combat enhancements

- Would love to see AI doing a better job of keeping in / out of range of melee attacks instead of face-hugging.

• Improvements to the Order of Battle System
  • Improvements to the Order User Interface

- I think the most useful feature would be the ability to select a unit and point the flag to a usable object such as ladder, siege tower, battering ram, Breakable Gate, Catapult, Trebuchet, Ballista and have them go climb the ladder / tower / use the ram / break down the gate / shoot the siege weapon (or break it if its enemy) e.t.c. (Similar to Conquerors Blade)

- Ability to aim the ranged units volley (from games like Conquerors Blade, Shieldwall)

- Also hope we can get Battlefield-like menu-based UI controls as an option, not having to have numbers 1-though x and F keys (F1 through Fx) taken up on keyboard to control the AI.
- Options for controlling which weapons Agents hold in their hands
- Command to hold up shields the whole time even if not in shield-wall formation.

- Would be nice to have an emote / cheering wheel.

Last edited:
Sort button pleasee, ability to create sub folders or collapsing list to groups are also would be good if possible.

YES PLEASE. Sort by Unit types/ Formations (Inf, Arc, Cav, Range Cav etc.) or by Rank.

Formation sort would be incredibly useful if there were collapsable Formation folders... Then you could simply drag and drop your troops into different formations... The ability to split troop types into two groups would be incredible too. Then you could create two different formations with the same group type (EG two groups of flanking archers). Instead of having to split them at the start of each battle, which is quite tedious.

I will try to find some time for that. The most recent update on this front is the last blog.

Great! Unless it takes time away from getting the next patch out, in which case don't worry about it :wink:

We are open to suggestions. What do you have in mind?
The greatest thing for me would be if formation assignments (the roman numbers: I (infantry), II (archers), III (cavalry) etc) stayed through saves/reloads. It bothers me a bit that my companions are classified as infantry even when they're mounted, but it bothers me much more that, after I manually assign them a custom formation, I always need to reassign everybody after every reload.

We are open to suggestions
Well, my suggestion isn't really about troops, but rather about one tiny detail in the barter UI. Is it possible to allow player type the amount of gold he's opt to give /ask manually rather than moving that bar we have now? It becomes a big pain to find the max s when you negotiate to transfer some prisoners to the lord with a huge amount of money. If we'd be able to type in the amount of money - that will be a small, but still great QoL improvement!

P. S. I really don't think my suggestion deserves a separate thread in 'Suggestions' section, so I decided to make it here :smile:

Forwarded the UI suggestions to the UI.

Regarding the sorting, part of the problem is that it ties into the selection of troops for missions afaik. Having said that, we have some longer term plans that may resolve that part of the problem.
The greatest thing for me would be if formation assignments (the roman numbers: I (infantry), II (archers), III (cavalry) etc) stayed through saves/reloads. It bothers me a bit that my companions are classified as infantry even when they're mounted, but it bothers me much more that, after I manually assign them a custom formation, I always need to reassign everybody after every reload.
We are working on this.

Regarding the sorting, part of the problem is that it ties into the selection of troops for missions afaik. Having said that, we have some longer term plans that may resolve that part of the problem.

We are working on this.

Great, thank you!

I think people would be happy to have a "Bodyguard's" section that autofills with companions and the highest tier units. And then have the option of swapping in/out whoever you want so that you could take in a mix of archers and infantry, for example.

Pulling troops in from the order in the party has never been very obvious or intuitive. Excited to see what you have planned though!

We are working on this.
Can it be updated recently?

Next month possibly. Code rework takes time.
They said that refactoring process is done, but they've stumbled upon many bugs and they're trying to eliminate them (but we all know that 1.4.3 will be a broken mess and we, players, will be their testers).

They're reworking code?
They are always reworking code, including adding in suggestions/feedback, reducing errors, this will continue past the upcoming point of release of this game in full, and probably will not be stopped until the next product (Mount&Blade3 Kingdoms or whatever it will be called) is halfway complete.

We never promised a specific update time frame. While our goal is to update weekly, we will hold off from publishing things (and have said so from the start) if we do not have a relatively stable version that we can share. Whenever a version makes it through internal testing, we share it.
Is there any news recently, can you confirm the update time of 1.4.3?

YES ^ THIS.

I request to incorporate the shield blocking like we had in Warband, where I could right click hold and face the attacker. This reaction crap is not going to cut it for me, I am no longer a young person. I right click and move mouse and it does nothing, only if shield is down does it work. Who would dare lower shield with arrows raining in? Even for a second. The movement keys are for moving your character so how does that work, move right and block right?

Did not get past first training session.

Back
Top Bottom