Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok I just get to the point of what I think should be improve:
1. Start as commoner just like Dragoslav777 suggested that u can join lords party as mercenaries/soldier.
2. Commoner should NOT have banner standard (really important). Impersonating noble should be punish by DEATH.
3. ITEM PRICE DROP should be LESS valued than the original one, let say 40-70% cheaper than town/village market.
4. UPGRADE TROOPS should be based on their Equipment PRICE or at least half.
5. More Scenario at the beginning : commoner, noble, baron retainers, escape prisoner, etc each having their own + and -

Others than that is just looking great to me.

We may consider that in the future, but it is not a priority at the moment.
Shouldn't it be relatively easy to disable the storyline since its contained in its own module? Are there things in that module that are essential to the rest of the game? I thought the whole point of putting the main quest in its own module was to keep it separate from the rest of the game so that it could be easily replaced or disabled.

Shouldn't it be relatively easy to disable the storyline since its contained in its own module? Are there things in that module that are essential to the rest of the game? I thought the whole point of putting the main quest in its own module was to keep it separate from the rest of the game so that it could be easily replaced or disabled.

I think the main quest should be optional, as it is right now... right? Everything that is optional in my opinion is sandbox. Don't you agree?

Well, devs shouldn't worry about a optional main quest atm at all.

We may consider that in the future, but it is not a priority at the moment.

You mean we are stuck with a brother, a linear non optional feature? :meh:

I know? What are they thinking here? God please let the modders start work, this is ridiculous.

Last edited:
The sandbox option works with the sandbox and the main storyline. We may add additional flavor to the related quests, but there is no need for a custom kingdom creation imo.

Kingdom decisions don't relate to AI party & army targeting. I expect both will see improvements with time.

Can you disclose the update time of the next beta version? Because you promised to update every two weeks before, there have been no updates for five or six weeks now.

Can you disclose the update time of the next beta version? Because you promised to update every two weeks before, there have been no updates for five or six weeks now.
We never promised a specific update time frame. While our goal is to update weekly, we will hold off from publishing things (and have said so from the start) if we do not have a relatively stable version that we can share. Whenever a version makes it through internal testing, we share it.

We never promised a specific update time frame. While our goal is to update weekly, we will hold off from publishing things (and have said so from the start) if we do not have a relatively stable version that we can share. Whenever a version makes it through internal testing, we share it.
Maybe you could write a FAQ regarding Early Access as the same type of questions comes again and again.

Brother, I just hope you give us an approximate time range, such as a week or a month, we have waited for six weeks without any new content, and the bugs has not been repaired in time, I bought this game, and spent more than 800 hours in the games, produced 3 original Mods and translated more than 50 Mods to Chinese, and used them for 30,000 people. I like it very much and hope you can communicate with us more.

Bro, its pointless. Mr Duh feels so important player here that he doesnt need to post anything. Tens of people were asking them for response for a weeks and it seems actually they dont bother.

As you can read - „goal is to update weekly” but „they do not have stable version to share atm”

After few months of EA, and few weeks after last update. The most funny part is that they actually have taken „some” money from people :wink:

Brother, I just hope you give us an approximate time range, such as a week or a month, we have waited for six 4,5 weeks without any new content, and the bugs has not been repaired in time,
The problem is IMO that an approximate time range builds expectations (and some people even set aside time for a patch) and should thus only be given if there is a reasonably good foundation to make such an estimate (especially as an individual developer). I could have said last week that I am hoping to get the patch out last week - which i was. But it didn't happen and I am glad that I didn't make a false "promise".

There are some ways to make things like this easier (such as introducing artificial time buffers), but we prefer sharing patches as soon as they are ready.

And it's not like we haven't given an approximate goal for patches. It's just that we didn't meet that due to the challenges that arose.

I bought this game, and spent more than 800 hours in the games, produced 3 original Mods and translated more than 50 Mods to Chinese, and used them for 30,000 people. I like it very much and hope you can communicate with us more.
I am glad that you are enjoying the franchise to this degree. I used to be a bit of a modder myself as well. :smile:

The problem is IMO that an approximate time range builds expectations (and some people even set aside time for a patch) and should thus only be given if there is a reasonably good foundation to make such an estimate (especially as an individual developer). I could have said last week that I am hoping to get the patch out last week - which i was. But it didn't happen and I am glad that I didn't make a false "promise".

That's understandable, although I think people would possibly prefer the certainty of "No patch this week" at the start of the week, rather than hearing nothing at all. (I guess that is what you meant by introducing artificial time buffers?). That is always going to be a tricky balance to strike, I suppose - I still get my silly little hopes up every Friday! (New Zealand time)

Re: the original post: Is there any chance of updating your list? Your team has implemented quite a few bullet-points which is great! And obviously there are still a few super high priority things to come (Siege AI for example).

However, I would love to see/hear about some of the other content that might be in the works such as:
  • Will there be new/more mobs running around? (Man hunters?, Kingdom patrols? etc.)
  • Sandbox kingdom management stuff? (recruiting and keeping vassals, understanding why they are leaving/staying etc.)
  • Specific quests that might be in the works?
  • Character death mechanics?
  • Children/heir/dynasty mechanics?
  • Rebellions?
Even if some of these end up being abandoned/ put on hold, it'd still be nice to know a bit more about some of the planned content.
(It would also be helpful to know because it gives some focus to what parts of the game you currently want tested by the community)

That's understandable, although I think people would possibly prefer the certainty of "No patch this week" at the start of the week, rather than hearing nothing at all. (I guess that is what you meant by introducing artificial time buffers?). That is always going to be a tricky balance to strike, I suppose - I still get my silly little hopes up every Friday! (New Zealand time)
I think they just don't know whether or not patch will be out that week until its too late to say "no patch this week".

Re: the original post: Is there any chance of updating your list?
Curious too. They probably will update it eventually, but when show we expect, after few major updates or after certain time.

However, I would love to see/hear about some of the other content that might be in the works such as:
  • Will there be new/more mobs running around? (Man hunters?, Kingdom patrols? etc.)
  • Sandbox kingdom management stuff? (recruiting and keeping vassals, understanding why they are leaving/staying etc.)
  • Specific quests that might be in the works?
  • Character death mechanics?
  • Children/heir/dynasty mechanics?
  • Rebellions?

Agreed, also wanna year about the features they are thinking about adding (and not adding, like they explained why they didn't add coop), not necessarily meaning they will add it %100 surely. They tried ambushed they see it doesn't playout well so they abondoned it and there is nothing wrong with that, of course there will be people who says "They played us like a damn fiddle" but fck em.

And tbc im not unpleasant with EA but these would make ea more meaningful, just a feedback.

That's understandable, although I think people would possibly prefer the certainty of "No patch this week" at the start of the week, rather than hearing nothing at all.

Yea, me for example. If TW would set a date for the patch, I get dissappointed only that day if not succeeded. Otherwise I hope every day for a patch and get dissappointed every day, which isn't really better..

Re: the original post: Is there any chance of updating your list?
I will try to find some time for that. The most recent update on this front is the last blog.

So No update this week??
No regular update, no. Was hoping to wrap things up, but we found some additional bugs.

Are there any plans to improve the party and garrisons promoting and mananging screens?
We are open to suggestions. What do you have in mind?

I would like to have a "promote all" button, that would promote all non-branching units.
Would be cool to see the units ready for promotion in the garrison with an option to promote them without taking them into your party.
Also, would be cool to have "sort" buttons, and be able to sort units by type, selection group or faction.

I would like to have a "promote all" button, that would promote all non-branching units.
Would be cool to see the units ready for promotion in the garrison with an option to promote them without taking them into your party.
Also, would be cool to have "sort" buttons, and be able to sort units by type, selection group or faction.

I totally agree with SoKiel suggestions!

It would also be nice to have the total count of party members displayed without having to do the math with the wounded soliders and being able to filter our units by type or condition.
Being able to manage our preferences in terms of units priority on the battlefield and keep it that way even if the number of said units reach 0 would spare us the hassle to have to put our "elite" units back to the to of the troops list each time a new elite is promoted/recruited after all the previous ones died. Maybe being able to manage a "party arrangement preference" on a separate screen, independently of our current party's composition would be the more practical way to do that..
The ability to create collapsable groups inside our party could also help for better management and readability.

You can also have a look at these mods which are full of good ideas :

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom