Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm really worried about the fact that this post is one of those classic "expectation management" posts. I fear this post (even though it says it's not written in stone and all encompassing etc.) is intended to indicate what TW definitely wants to work on, but also by exlusion any omissions are right now not part of the prioritized backlog.

Glaring omission in that case is companion party AI, garrison economics, and endgame quality of life.

Unless the three things I mentioned are included in the horrendously titled:

Simulation Health
  • Kingdom strengths
  • Clan resources (Money, Influence, Members)
  • Economy
What do you guys think "Simulation Health" means? I frankly think it sounds like doublespeak.

Thanks for the info dev-doodes , please don't give up on feasts..or at least some form nation gathering. Mebbe to decide Marshals for coming year!

Cheers.

@Duh_TaleWorlds I appreciate this public informative gesture; I hope these " disclosures " are periodic and that you keep us informed of what, how and when in relation to your tasks. I think it's perfect that within your short term priorities is the search for the best possible optimization, an AI at the appropriate quality and provide the mod tools. I also consider all this a high-priority.

On the other hand, I'd like you to be explicit about which features are still to be implemented and share them via an agile roadmap (no dates, only priority blocks; complete-current-near term- late stage of EA). For example, as far as "advanced" diplomacy is concerned, little has been reported on what it will become and what features it will contain. You speak of war and peace; however, in Bannerlord there will be Alliances, Defensive Pacts, Demands, Defensive Leagues?, etc.

I take a list of the diplomatic features of the Diplomacy mod:

As vassal
  • Persuasion attempts to convince your king to start a war
  • Appoint a chamberlain, who will decrease tax inefficiency by 10% and gives you the ability to set tax rates. Taxes also have an effect on center relation and prosperity. In addition he will take care of paying wages and collecting income as well as giving you the possibility to secure your money
  • Let your companions pick items from the chamberlain item pool (autoloot)
  • Appoint a constable who recruits and trains troops and provides information about garrisons and troops of lords
  • Send patrols to important locations
  • Appoint a chancellor who sends gifts and messengers to other lords
  • Village and town riots may occure if the people hate you and have to pay high tax rates. Counter them or negotiate with the leader.
  • Let your spouse buy some food
  • Pay staff salary
  • Troops will start running away if you go into debts (this also applies to garrisons)
  • Return fiefs to your king, he won't like this, though
  • Move your residence (via spouse)
  • Negotiate Mid-siege surrender/walk-out terms if defending your own keeps and towns
  • Affiliate to families
  • Send scouts to settlements
  • Pay to avoid defeat

As king

• Threaten other kingdoms with war and try to squeeze money out of them
  • If a faction sues for peace you will have the option to set terms
  • Possiblity to send a gift to another faction (fief or money)
  • Send a spy to another kingdom
  • Form an alliance, conclude a defensive pact, sign a trade agreement or conclude a non-aggression treaty with another faction.
  • Change the domnestic policy of your kingdom. Choose between Centralization/Decentralization, Aristocracy/Plutocracy, Serfdom/Free subjects, Quality/Quantity which affects trade income, vassals armies size, AI army strength, relation between king and vassals as well as tax inefficiency
  • When asking for a truce you will get the option to pay and/or give fiefs to conclude a truce.
  • If another faction recognizes you as king you will have the option to ask for help against your enemy and in certain circumstances support the decision by paying money
  • Choose your faction culture so all your lords will recruit the same type of troops
  • Exchange or release your (own) prisoners
  • Distribute spoils of war after you conquered a town or castle
  • Send emissaries to persuade lords to join your kingdom

Will Bannerlord contain all these features which are an essential and indispensable part of the player's playable experience as an addition to Warband native?
These are more than essential, including the inheritance system. They are not just quality of life but I dare to say the whole endgame. I hope that it will be implemented and not be forgotten by TW.

What do you guys think "Simulation Health" means? I frankly think it sounds like doublespeak.
I'd say they are talking about kingdom stability and balance, all the mentioned points are vital for having a somewhat stable gameworld after some time. no snowballing, no bankrupt lords, clans being (mostly) where they belong, no huge discrepancy in wealth, no starving towns without hostile interference and so on.

I'd say they are talking about kingdom stability and balance, all the mentioned points are vital for having a somewhat stable gameworld after some time. no snowballing, no bankrupt lords, clans being (mostly) where they belong, no huge discrepancy in wealth, no starving towns without hostile interference and so on.
Thanks for your thoughts, I agree with you but I wish they would have been clearer. It so often shows that english is not their first language, but i'm sure there's plenty of people that would love to help out pro bono with communication.

Yeah, what about inheritance? Is this included un one of the mentioned features in progress? Permanent death and playing as my son is one of the most appealing new features of Bannerlord. I hope TW do not delay It too much.

Kingdom & Politics
  • A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline.
  • Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace.
  • Adjustments to Kingdom Policies.

I would hope this is considered a priority. Kingdom decisions for declaring war sounds great!

I feel like one aspect of the game is sort of being underutilized and that would be the mating and family aspect. The mating is inconsistent I can't get any offspring for the life of me but others have 11+. During our character creation page we filled out what we did during our childhood and teenage years so why not let our children do the same things? For pregnant women how bout a penalty, like a damage penalty or an agility penalty when pregnant? Just a suggestion, great game. I am enjoying myself.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates. I saw the tactics overhaul and was like “thank god.” Then I saw that proper cheering is returning. Never has there been a more beautiful day.

Thanks for the update. Adding more to the game to give us a break from sieging and fighting non-stop is always a good thing.

Here's to hoping they add Espionage to their diplomacy system much like Seven Kingdoms where you can spy on other kingdoms and have enemy generals/units as your spies. Fun!

Back
Top Bottom