Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you for the post and a look into where you are going and what you are putting your resources into. I am really enjoying the game (yes even in it's current state) and after approx 200 hours I am still on my first campaign and have finally managed to get our faction Battania (I gave the Banner to Caladog......my mistake) to now own every settlement on the map!! There were some truly epic battles and it took a long time!!

The other factions still have some troops but "we" are working on eliminating them completely (not sure if that is possible in EA yet but still worth a shot. Great fun and I have lost myself in the game for many hours which has already been totally worth the purchase price for me.

I am not using ANY mods but I do have the Dev Console to adjust things here and there to compensate for features that are not fully implemented yet or that we were not aware of (eg. lowered age of my main charceter to 34, was at 36 so I could marry and produce heirs).

Thanks TW!!

Thank you TaleWorlds for finally giving us a real insight in your plans!

"A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline." I am really excited for this!

Warriors of Calradia,

Today we will be sharing some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Since the release of the game, we have been hard at work to improve stability and performance for our players. This will continue to be a top priority for us. Naturally, we are also working on other parts of the game. Below you will find a list of some of these:

Campaign

• Kingdom & Politics
    • A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline.
    • Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace.
    • Adjustments to Kingdom Policies.
  • Character System
    • New perks that will likely be added on a per skill basis. You can see the beginning of this in our latest beta version (e1.4.0).
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Improving the issue creation algorithm so that players are more likely to experience a broad scope of possible issue quests without sacrificing their ties to our ingame world.
  • Main Storyline Content
  • Execution Consequences
  • Map Conversation Improvements
  • Hideout Improvements
  • Simulation Health
    • Kingdom strengths
    • Clan resources (Money, Influence, Members)
    • Economy
  • Scene Notifications (f.e. executions)
  • Bug Fixes

Combat Missions

• Performance
    • AI performance optimizations
    • Formation system performance optimizations
    • Memory management improvements
  • AI
    • Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
    • Siege tower and ladder usage fixes for AI
    • Additional fixes on siege battles
    • Agent AI combat enhancements
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle System
  • Improvements to the Order User Interface
  • Cheering
  • Ranged and mounted training NPCs for the tutorial scene.
  • Better support for modders in the sound system.
  • Bug Fixes

Art
  • Updating existing and creating new scenes
  • Updating existing and creating new equipment and other models
  • Adding new weapon parts for crafting
  • Creating new armor design concepts
  • Improving Animations
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements
  • Conversation Animations Polish
  • Improving Game Menu Art
  • World Map Improvements

Engine

• Performance
    • Overall FPS improvements for big field & siege battles
    • GPU optimizations for low end configs
    • Fixing spikes throughout the game
    • Preparing a new telemetry beta branch that should allow players with complex issues to provide us with additional data that will help us to track down and resolve the underlying problems.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding Tools & Documentation

Other
  • Refactoring some campaign related classes.
  • Savegame cleanup and improvements
  • Localization support for dynamic text usage in some languages

Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone. We will adjust them if the need arises.
Thanks a lot for the statement! Best of the wishes! Keep up the good work!

No mention of diplomacy, the broken economy (besides 'simulation health - economy' and whatever that means), the braindead AI, kingdom management, or most of the other critical issues that plague the game. It honestly reads like this was whipped up in 2 hours due to a management directive spawned from all the bad feedback.

At this point if you froze development and let modders do the rest of the work the game would likely be better overall.

Sorry to sound harsh, but you guys have wasted more time than I have in the past 6 weeks and that's saying something. I'm not confident that you guys have much of a clue about core issues with the game, how to handle them, or even why they're a problem.

Sounds like "We're planning to do everything."

?
Haha yeah it can feel that way when the list is so long. There's a lot of things that aren't there though, which is fine - the whole point is to make clear what their current focus is.

Thanks Taleworlds. This information is greatly valued by your players.

No mention of diplomacy, the broken economy (besides 'simulation health - economy' and whatever that means), the braindead AI, kingdom management
It isn't possible to do everything at once. We asked for priorities, and we got them.

You might not like the scope (diplomacy and kingdom management are only thinly addressed), but each of those points you list are mentioned. The economy and AI are significant points of focus.

Expressing your unhappiness about how little there is to do with kingdom management and diplomacy is fine, but when you dismiss or ignore the priority on other areas important to you (economy and AI), that just seems like unhelpful doom and gloom.

No mention of diplomacy, the broken economy (besides 'simulation health - economy' and whatever that means), the braindead AI, kingdom management, or most of the other critical issues that plague the game. It honestly reads like this was whipped up in 2 hours due to a management directive spawned from all the bad feedback.

At this point if you froze development and let modders do the rest of the work the game would likely be better overall.

Sorry to sound harsh, but you guys have wasted more time than I have in the past 6 weeks and that's saying something. I'm not confident that you guys have much of a clue about core issues with the game, how to handle them, or even why they're a problem.

Uhm, did you actually read the plan though? Because a lot of what you are saying is actually in there. Also yes, that seems unnecessarily harsh at this point. And I suspect that they know a thing or two about the game they are developing :smile: .

Thank you, maybe i'm a muppet and I missed it, is there plans to add new tattoos and have the ability to move their location on the face. i'd love to pimp out my vikings

10/10 game of the year

I am glad that ya'll put this out. it is nice to know where the team's focus is. Does

Include training troops? It would be great to have a method to train troops more readily since looter will kill troops in auto-resolve now, sorta forcing the player to spend additional time on something is not really fun. All that is needed is F1-F3 and you will win the battle against looters with 0 casualties, compared to autoresolve where there is a risk of losing your high tier troops.

To be honest I want to cheer with my men so badly when fights are over I always put away my shield and block up so that I look somewhat like I am.

First thank and congratulate tw for taking into account our opinions and making a road map.
If you take the trouble to read carefully you will see it as in war and politics the second point is diplomacy, it is true that apparently it will be very basic for now but it is a principle. and if you were to continue reading in health simulation the second point puts clan resources, the third point is economy so all your points are there for which you already know that they are working on all the problems that concern you now give them some time to fix them, it is favorable to wait and let them work and that they make a good game remember early access according to them they need at least a year The modders topic is a little more complex than it seems, it is not easy how to make a tool and give it to nexus, loverslab ... at that point the engine has to be more stable and not have big changes which is a little difficult At the present moment have a little patience, and if you think it is easy, I invite you to make a web page with the notepad and another with a program like Dreamweaver. That is the difference between programmer and modders. I am also waiting to be able to play lord of the rings or any other big mod but now it's not time for modders it's for programmers
if there are grammar mistakes or you feel offended I'm sorry I'm using a translator

This is much better, than the previous silence period. Thanks for sharing, it was quite interesting and inspiring to read!

Combat AI getting improvements? good. cuz atm their horrible. I hate seeing the AI spin their infantry line in circles like morons instead of charging. Also Cavalry should be looked at they too easily can go in and out of a stack of infantry.

Warriors of Calradia,

Today we will be sharing some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Since the release of the game, we have been hard at work to improve stability and performance for our players. This will continue to be a top priority for us. Naturally, we are also working on other parts of the game. Below you will find a list of some of these:

Campaign

• Kingdom & Politics
    • A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline.
    • Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace.
    • Adjustments to Kingdom Policies.
  • Character System
    • New perks that will likely be added on a per skill basis. You can see the beginning of this in our latest beta version (e1.4.0).
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Improving the issue creation algorithm so that players are more likely to experience a broad scope of possible issue quests without sacrificing their ties to our ingame world.
  • Main Storyline Content
  • Execution Consequences
  • Map Conversation Improvements
  • Hideout Improvements
  • Simulation Health
    • Kingdom strengths
    • Clan resources (Money, Influence, Members)
    • Economy
  • Scene Notifications (f.e. executions)
  • Bug Fixes

Combat Missions

• Performance
    • AI performance optimizations
    • Formation system performance optimizations
    • Memory management improvements
  • AI
    • Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
    • Siege tower and ladder usage fixes for AI
    • Additional fixes on siege battles
    • Agent AI combat enhancements
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle System
  • Improvements to the Order User Interface
  • Cheering
  • Ranged and mounted training NPCs for the tutorial scene.
  • Better support for modders in the sound system.
  • Bug Fixes

Art
  • Updating existing and creating new scenes
  • Updating existing and creating new equipment and other models
  • Adding new weapon parts for crafting
  • Creating new armor design concepts
  • Improving Animations
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements
  • Conversation Animations Polish
  • Improving Game Menu Art
  • World Map Improvements

Engine

• Performance
    • Overall FPS improvements for big field & siege battles
    • GPU optimizations for low end configs
    • Fixing spikes throughout the game
    • Preparing a new telemetry beta branch that should allow players with complex issues to provide us with additional data that will help us to track down and resolve the underlying problems.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding Tools & Documentation

Other
  • Refactoring some campaign related classes.
  • Savegame cleanup and improvements
  • Localization support for dynamic text usage in some languages
Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone. We will adjust them if the need arises.
Hopefully that includes getting rid of the stutter, looters no longer OP in autocalc, skills/perks that actually work, and most importantly; a large XP gain boost to make leveling your character less hard, that abominable bug where you are unable to recruit Tier 5+ prisoners, let's not forget the part where players will be able to train troops just as it was in warband, and make that Neutral Training Field in the center of the map usable other than for combat tutorials.

Does Include training troops? It would be great to have a method to train troops more readily since looter will kill troops in auto-resolve now, sorta forcing the player to spend additional time on something is not really fun. All that is needed is F1-F3 and you will win the battle against looters with 0 casualties, compared to autoresolve where there is a risk of losing your high tier troops.

Going to second the need for this - either the troop training perks need to affect all units in the stack (instead of a single unit per stack) - or if you're deliberately unwilling to buff Raise the Meek / Combat Tips, the looter auto-resolve XP with no deaths from 1.0 needs to come back for your beta branch. Please remember that players on your beta branch are going for fresh playthroughs every single time (to ensure they're reporting genuine issues with the new branch, and not savegame compatibility issues) - the grindiness of building up forces through looter battles gets really dull after the n'th restart. This change would make it a lot easier for us to keep playing fresh saves and take part in the iterative refinement process of the beta.

Back
Top Bottom