Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Warriors of Calradia,

Today we will be sharing some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Since the release of the game, we have been hard at work to improve stability and performance for our players. This will continue to be a top priority for us. Naturally, we are also working on other parts of the game. Below you will find a list of some of these:

Campaign

• Kingdom & Politics
    • A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline.
    • Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace.
    • Adjustments to Kingdom Policies.
  • Character System
    • New perks that will likely be added on a per skill basis. You can see the beginning of this in our latest beta version (e1.4.0).
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Improving the issue creation algorithm so that players are more likely to experience a broad scope of possible issue quests without sacrificing their ties to our ingame world.
  • Main Storyline Content
  • Execution Consequences
  • Map Conversation Improvements
  • Hideout Improvements
  • Simulation Health
    • Kingdom strengths
    • Clan resources (Money, Influence, Members)
    • Economy
  • Scene Notifications (f.e. executions)
  • Bug Fixes

Combat Missions

• Performance
    • AI performance optimizations
    • Formation system performance optimizations
    • Memory management improvements
  • AI
    • Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
    • Siege tower and ladder usage fixes for AI
    • Additional fixes on siege battles
    • Agent AI combat enhancements
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle System
  • Improvements to the Order User Interface
  • Cheering
  • Ranged and mounted training NPCs for the tutorial scene.
  • Better support for modders in the sound system.
  • Bug Fixes

Art
  • Updating existing and creating new scenes
  • Updating existing and creating new equipment and other models
  • Adding new weapon parts for crafting
  • Creating new armor design concepts
  • Improving Animations
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements
  • Conversation Animations Polish
  • Improving Game Menu Art
  • World Map Improvements

Engine

• Performance
    • Overall FPS improvements for big field & siege battles
    • GPU optimizations for low end configs
    • Fixing spikes throughout the game
    • Preparing a new telemetry beta branch that should allow players with complex issues to provide us with additional data that will help us to track down and resolve the underlying problems.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding Tools & Documentation

Other
  • Refactoring some campaign related classes.
  • Savegame cleanup and improvements
  • Localization support for dynamic text usage in some languages

Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone. We will adjust them if the need arises.
Any Plans to relocate Sargot?

Thanks, Taleworlds! You are truly the best game company out there, not only for the high quality of the games, but also because you are one of the only companies that really do listen to their community!

Updating existing and creating new equipment and other models
Creating new armor design concepts

Does this mean we could get some more outdated-but-not-obsolete equipment like, for example, an armor set resembling the roman legionary of the 1st-2nd century AD, with lorica segmentata armor, imperial gallic and italic helmets, rectangular shields and gladii(we have the blade of the roman gladius on the menavlion in-game)? It would be really cool to have such equipment.With it, we would be able to restore the Calradian Empire to it's golden age!

On another note, can we get some of the cities relocated?For example Sargot should be close to where it was in warband and on the old bannerlord map, and Ocs Hall should be where the two rivers meet, like in warband and the old bannerlord map.

This is honestly quiet disappointing. How come there aren't any new features on this list. I feel like I'm playing exactly the same game I played ten years ago. I wonder what Taleworlds was actually doing the past eight years?! Well, to be fair TW never promised any new features. Anyway, mods will fix this game when it comes out of EA (hopefully within this decade???)

Hi there.
I'm not sure whether this is considered a bug, Clan ressource or anything else, but what about rebalancing stuff like reputation?
Short example: Yesterday my faction finally lost it completely and startet 4 wars at the same time (and losing each of them) to the point where we were left with 1 town. Easy decision leave the sinking boat. There is but 1 problem: I raided villages and captured traders, I have a negative reputation with every faction and am incapable of joining another kingdom.
I know there are some ways to increase your reputation, even if below 0, but fighting town-thugs 20 to 5 seems a bit unfair and staying part of the prior Kingdom to capture the said new kingdoms leader and releasing them, seems to take more time than you will need to finish this project. Am I missing any opportunities to raise my reputation with other factions with which I have negative Relations? I would suggest some kind of reparation payments to get my reputation somewhere near 0 and then some quests to prove myself remorseful.
There are of course other issues with ressources like that, but also lowering or increasing reputation with your very own clan (itself) aswell as your spouse getting reset are things.
Are you aware of this and working on it, if not: please consider to. I am currently forced to create a new playthrough and mod it with the cheatmenu to continue playing and participating in wars.

Last edited:
Extremely disappointed to see no desire to redesign character progression system (the artificial hard-cap on skill gain and attribute gain in particular), or bring back village fiefs into the game.

The latter in particular would solve a lot of game progression issues. Smaller "village lord" parties were essential to base Warband in providing opportunities to the player to engage in smaller-scale kingdom warfare as a vassal. More lords = more AI parties to manage outlaw presence, more potential battles for player to join in meaningful manner to raise relationship with the lords, and so on so forth.

Several of the most popular Warband mods included custom village (and castle) with multiple possible upgrades, and most featured extended village upgrade possibilities. Speaking in general terms, I think it's safe to say that as players we liked those elements a lot.

Not sure why the decision to "tie village to town/castle" was considered the superior choice. It removes a lot of gameplay elements simply for the sake of "least effort required" implementation and balance? That's just lazy. At least bring back village fiefs in the form Warband had them, if nothing else, and worry about "economy balance" after there are elements in place to affect it in more meaningful way than just passive prosperity growth.

As to the rest... I fully agree with those expressing their worry about lack of "additional" content on that list. Seems like the continuation of "more 'balancing,' less content" that we've been seeing since EA began. Aside from the main quest, that I suspect a lot of people could do completely without.

And perhaps I'm just missing it, but I see no mention whatsoever about prioritizing proper implementation of autocalc (for both AI-only battles as well as player's "send troops" option). Current rudimentary code presumably driving a lot of issues that are getting band-aid solutions instead, like retention of higher-tier troops by lords' parties that keep losing them due to the RNG-driven battle casualties calculations.

But at least we got some information, so that's nice, even if not exactly preventing further worry about the future of this game.

Extremely disappointed to see no desire to redesign character progression system (the artificial hard-cap on skill gain and attribute gain in particular), or bring back village fiefs into the game.

Not sure why the decision to "tie village to town/castle" was considered the superior choice. It removes a lot of gameplay elements simply for the sake of "least effort required" implementation and balance? That's just lazy. At least bring back village fiefs in the form Warband had them, if nothing else, and worry about "economy balance" after there are elements in place to affect it in more meaningful way than just passive prosperity growth.

Character progression in Bannerlord is far superior to how it was in warband so i'm happy they are sticking with it, it does need some work however.

Also villages now belonging to cities/forts i think is much better. There are still "small village parties" which are the companions of other lords, granted they do not do anything usefull as of yet, which will change in time since they are supposed to clear fiefs of bandits.

So i hope they do not bring it back, this system is far better when it will be finished.

Character progression in Bannerlord is far superior to how it was in warband so i'm happy they are sticking with it, it does need some work however.
I very much like parts of it.

However, the whole hard-cap and arbitrary attribute gains... not so much:
Also villages now belonging to cities/forts i think is much better.
Can you explain why you think so?

The lack of village upgrades, and additional fief titles alone, to me, make it a huge step back. Frankly, I expected improvement over Warband in that area as well, not... this.
There are still "small village parties" which are the companions of other lords
I can't say I've encountered them on regular basis. Certainly not to be comparable to Warband's "village lords" presence.

Warriors of Calradia,

Today we will be sharing some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Since the release of the game, we have been hard at work to improve stability and performance for our players. This will continue to be a top priority for us. Naturally, we are also working on other parts of the game. Below you will find a list of some of these:

Campaign

• Kingdom & Politics
    • A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline.
    • Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace.
    • Adjustments to Kingdom Policies.
  • Character System
    • New perks that will likely be added on a per skill basis. You can see the beginning of this in our latest beta version (e1.4.0).
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Improving the issue creation algorithm so that players are more likely to experience a broad scope of possible issue quests without sacrificing their ties to our ingame world.
  • Main Storyline Content
  • Execution Consequences
  • Map Conversation Improvements
  • Hideout Improvements
  • Simulation Health
    • Kingdom strengths
    • Clan resources (Money, Influence, Members)
    • Economy
  • Scene Notifications (f.e. executions)
  • Bug Fixes

Combat Missions

• Performance
    • AI performance optimizations
    • Formation system performance optimizations
    • Memory management improvements
  • AI
    • Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
    • Siege tower and ladder usage fixes for AI
    • Additional fixes on siege battles
    • Agent AI combat enhancements
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle System
  • Improvements to the Order User Interface
  • Cheering
  • Ranged and mounted training NPCs for the tutorial scene.
  • Better support for modders in the sound system.
  • Bug Fixes

Art
  • Updating existing and creating new scenes
  • Updating existing and creating new equipment and other models
  • Adding new weapon parts for crafting
  • Creating new armor design concepts
  • Improving Animations
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements
  • Conversation Animations Polish
  • Improving Game Menu Art
  • World Map Improvements

Engine

• Performance
    • Overall FPS improvements for big field & siege battles
    • GPU optimizations for low end configs
    • Fixing spikes throughout the game
    • Preparing a new telemetry beta branch that should allow players with complex issues to provide us with additional data that will help us to track down and resolve the underlying problems.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding Tools & Documentation

Other
  • Refactoring some campaign related classes.
  • Savegame cleanup and improvements
  • Localization support for dynamic text usage in some languages

Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone. We will adjust them if the need arises.

Well that's really disappointing.
After about 10 years long term waiting, I thought these features should have been completed.

For Imperial players, is there a chance we will be able to restore the Legions (the change to them having spawned that one merc group in the first place)?

Would love Viking conquest story depth + hidden base building. Along with the ability to be a notorious criminal with high rogue going to hideouts to recruit and trade like in the Viking dlc. Having a black market economy and and an all bandit army for a high rogue character with renown would be an extra hidden bonus.

And perhaps I'm just missing it, but I see no mention whatsoever about prioritizing proper implementation of autocalc (for both AI-only battles as well as player's "send troops" option). Current rudimentary code presumably driving a lot of issues that are getting band-aid solutions instead, like retention of higher-tier troops by lords' parties that keep losing them due to the RNG-driven battle casualties calculations.

Yeah improved autocalc imho should be a priority too. Mostly because it affects the balance of lords/troops/factions in the long term.

• Character System

A good start, I often wonder whether or not the perks actually work since most of the perks I choose to increase my party size don't seem to show. There's also that clan role bug I read a while ago that causes a variety of funky stuff on the skill/perk system as well. The only other problem I have with the current skill/perk system is the amount of exp I can accumulate in the game, it's appallingly low.

Please add more to politics then just declare war an make peace. ?‍♂️?‍♂️
Unfortunately this game has nothing that stands out.

I very much like parts of it.

However, the whole hard-cap and arbitrary attribute gains... not so much:
Well it is still a work in progress and they are in the process of overhauling the perk system, but the concept of being very good at something you spend the most time at seems logical and a fun idea of leveling as opposed to warband where you just grinded for a level so you could spend points in something.

Can you explain why you think so?

The lack of village upgrades, and additional fief titles alone, to me, make it a huge step back. Frankly, I expected improvement over Warband in that area as well, not... this.
This might just be personal preference, but economy is also different as opposed to warband, even if you had a village as a seperate fief it wouldn't be able to sustain even a very small army of 50 men which would mean a complete overhaul of economy.

It also seems weird to me how every village was a seperate fief, because warband and bannerlord are "loosely" based on reality, and villages might have been governed by someone, but that was still under the lord/owner of the city/castle it belonged too ( Clan leader ruling the city and companion managing/protecting the village might be a silver lining ? )

I can't say I've encountered them on regular basis. Certainly not to be comparable to Warband's "village lords" presence.

As far as i know the clan management isnt complete yet so you cannot give orders to your other parties, they just do whatever they feel like.
I clearly remember Armagan once talking about clans and how you could "assign" your brother to your fief to protect it while you are out doing other things so my guess is that is still coming, and that may be the new "village lord" presence, Clan leaders family/companions being a protector of their city/forts/villages

Back
Top Bottom