Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Hopefully adding a DX12/Vulkan backend for the engine is in the plans somewhere.

A lot of performance for modern systems (esp. on AMD GPU) is being left on the table by being stuck at DX11. Not to mention Vulkan would help with any cross platform plans.

I would like that they will improve the ability to increase your friendship with a person who is not a friend, because when he is at -20 it is impossible to try to get a mission from him and if the whole nation is like this, imagine it is worse. from being a mercenary I lose -20 with the whole nation?

And I think that more efforts should be added to the map, such as commanding your clan relatives, sending them to do missions for you, being able to make the group go into covert mode to ambush, and please add many more armor. , that are neither too easy to acquire nor too difficult to enjoy the game more, why it is boring to have everything only with money. The interaction options of the map should be improved more because most of the time is spent more on the map and not so much in battles. That should be polished more and have more options. I love the game. Greetings from Cuba

I’m loving this can’t wait to continue to see this game become even more Advanced+Epic I’m hoping they change the AI faces, polish them more and make there silly expressions a lot better!

Why are the devs not interacting in this thread?
Because they are still a small company with different cultural background and haven't used to having such a influx of new players. What they will learn in time is that community matters and if you want to make money with future DLCs you better not piss them off.

Include training troops? It would be great to have a method to train troops more readily since looter will kill troops in auto-resolve now, sorta forcing the player to spend additional time on something is not really fun. All that is needed is F1-F3 and you will win the battle against looters with 0 casualties, compared to autoresolve where there is a risk of losing your high tier troops.
Some perks will provide passive XP. Auto-Resolution will continue to be tweaked.

-Adding new weapon parts for crafting
-Creating new armor design concepts

If these two are here I'd assume reworking the smithy stamina system should also be on the list of worked on changes,higher priority as well.Are you planning to keep it unchanged?
The crafting system is not finalized and will likely see tweaks. However, the bulletin points you list are handled by our artists while your inquiry relates to gameplay design and code.

"New perks that will likely be added on a per skill basis. You can see the beginning of this in our latest beta version (e1.4.0)."

So more nerfing in the future? :cry:
The new perk designs have 2 effects. I think overall they will provide more utility.

Any plans on expanding the in-game banner editor, and revamping the very simplistic AI clans' banners?
AI banners are not a priority at the moment. We may look into this later.

Simulation Health
  • Kingdom strengths
  • Clan resources (Money, Influence, Members)
  • Economy
What do you guys think "Simulation Health" means? I frankly think it sounds like doublespeak.
Our game simulates a medieval world (to some degree). We will continue to examine its overall health or balance in terms of providing a fun and sustainable experience and challenge. The listed bulletin points are some of the factors that matter in this regard. (To provide an example, we added a significant amount of female clan members to allow for a more healthy or sustainable population. Previously, the male female ratio was unbalanced which made for very few marriages and children. Excessive snowballing is another example of a "simulation health" issue.)

-Hideout Improvements

That means what? Option to build hideout like in Viking Conquest? What about gangs and criminal activity?
It refers to fixes & improvements to the current AI bandit hideouts that you can encounter on the worldmap. Player hideouts are not planned as far as I know.

This means that the death by old age will start taking place? Kingdoms will hold elections for new leaders?
And the pregnancy system will be fixed?
Yes. These are already built into the game in a rudimentary fashion, but death and succession decisions are currently suffering some bugs. We are working on fixing them. In regards to the pregnancy system, I presume you mean additional fertility balancing and potentially points of interaction for the player. This is something we are discussing but it's not a high priority atm.

Do you know if execution consequences have something to do with AI replacements for permanent death? Or It is just about relationship/honor loss, etc.
For now, this refers to balancing consequences and how to communicate them.

Any plans about players being able to turn off aging or at least aging death so we can play it like a Mount and Blade game? Devs still havent said anything even tho there are plenty of big threads on it.

@Duh_TaleWorlds
We currently do not have such plans.

At least it's only for the time being, hopefully such an option will become available in the game eventually once the primary functions are mostly improved/fixed. For now I am content with the aging feature (and the death by old age that comes with it) that is simply not working instead, essentially making my character having an eternal life, minus the eternal youth part. I prefer playing a M&B game with fancier graphics without having to worry about my character kicking the bucket while transforming into something as wrinkled as a hairless animal too soon. This is one of the only handful of games that I actually come to enjoy after so long, I don't want it becoming the type of game that will end in a stupor just because my character suddenly died from some 'natural' causes despite playing on sandbox.

Last edited:
Some perks will provide passive XP. Auto-Resolution will continue to be tweaked.

The new perk designs have 2 effects. I think overall they will provide more utility.

Our game simulates a medieval world (to some degree). We will continue to examine its overall health or balance in terms of providing a fun and sustainable experience and challenge. The listed bulletin points are some of the factors that matter in this regard. (To provide an example, we added a significant amount of female clan members to allow for a more healthy or sustainable population. Previously, the male female ratio was unbalanced which made for very few marriages and children. Excessive snowballing is another example of a "simulation health" issue.)

I continue to look forward to updates, thank you for taking the time to respond to multiple questions. I hope 1.4.2b includes the troop XP gains from skills & further improvement on the agent AI (blocking, etc). I would quite like to get back into Bannerlord singleplayer, as I haven't played that much since 1.1b, mainly due to the combat seeming to regress from release.

Regardless, I know ya'll will complete an awesome game!

The crafting system is not finalized and will likely see tweaks. However, the bulletin points you list are handled by our artists while your inquiry relates to gameplay design and code.

It refers to fixes & improvements to the current AI bandit hideouts that you can encounter on the worldmap. Player hideouts are not planned as far as I know.

Yes. These are already built into the game in a rudimentary fashion, but death and succession decisions are currently suffering some bugs. We are working on fixing them. In regards to the pregnancy system, I presume you mean additional fertility balancing and potentially points of interaction for the player. This is something we are discussing but it's not a high priority atm.

For now, this refers to balancing consequences and how to communicate them.

Thank you for answering so many questions. Please keep up the communication, it is incredibly valuable to players.

Thank you so much to reply my part. I'm very pleased to see that the NEW game is bringing NEW Gaming Era for TW, with many additions. You guys do excellent job, some flaws of course, but everyone does his job and has limitations. I believe Engine and programming most of them.
I hope the team actually finishes all before the end of the year and, new ideas can begin to appear. I can't wait as well for the death in battle

By the way! I was wondering to ask @Callum as well, if you guys can answer? Is this pandemic being a issue for the progress of the game? What's the office situation, if you guys can tell us at least this. I believe most people would appriciate a well.

Best regards,

Last edited:
Is this pandemic being a issue for the progress of the game? What's the office situation, if you guys can tell us at least this. I believe most people would appriciate a well.

quote from mexxico on this thread ; https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/are-the-devs-in-office.422424/#post-9430475
Currently we are working from home because of situation. Actually 30% of companies still go office here however Taleworlds is a company which care their worker’s health and worker rights much compared others so probably we will be last company which will start going office again.

Actually because office is in a university (METU) and my house is near university enterance and university roads and office are empty and working at office seems more productive compared remote working I usually prefer going office by bcycle because I see no risk. I see 1-2 more people in office however we are in different rooms so no risk. So I can say 95% work from home remaining 5% work at office by their choice.

Can someone tell me if there's plans to allow you to take a castle for yourself after you've established a kingdom?

So I got to clan tier level 4, successfully took over a castle and thus started an independent kingdom. I then recruited a couple clans to my side, and in the beginning I would always appear on the ballot as a potential castle/town owner post successful siege. But since my kingdom has grown, I haven't seen myself on the ballet...ever following a successful castle take over. So I essentially haven't been able to take a castle for myself in about 50 in game years. This has severely stunted my income stream and it makes it harder to create an adequate castle defense on frontier areas.

I remember in warband, a follower would simply ask who do you want to give the castle to following a castle takeover, and there was the option I want to take it for myself. Bang, easy.

So tl:dr How do I go about taking a castle for myself after I have 10+ clans in my kingdom following a successful siege? I haven't showed up on the ballot since I started my kingdom, giving me no way to acquire a new castle/town. Am I missing something? Or what's up with this?

Add please an option to grant rulling clans fiefs as a ruller.

I would like to see an option to either take a fief for myself or choose an option that is followed with a list of clan leaders within your own kingdom you can pick from to give them said fief instead of a voting 'ballot' that relies on an RNG roll

I would like to see an option to either take a fief for myself or choose an option that is followed with a list of clan leaders within your own kingdom you can pick from to give them said fief instead of a voting 'ballot' that relies on an RNG roll
The situation that annoys me is when you start new kingdom and have 0 vassals you take a banch of fiefs and get stuck with them as you have no option to transfer them later. Moreover I feel they have abandoned a lot of good decisions from previos games just for the sake of creating something new. In addition I guess they could at least let you to appoint one nominee for the poll.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom