Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Users who are viewing this thread

Voluntary. Currently, it is quite difficult for a player king to remove himself from such a position, for instance, if they prematurely created a kingdom - or simply want to return to another play style
Annnnd I just went from super excited about abdication to nonplussed. I had assumed you meant ai kings being forced to abdicate in the face of massive unpopularity, adding an interesting layer to politics and forcing them to balance their wants with keeping their vassals happy lest they be deposed, or maybe even end up with a civil war.

We can raise relation with nobleman/merchants in town by putting a companion in the tavern. Is it possible to extend this method on the villages? Maybe add in this regard also the quest solve chance(5% was it?) and a raising of skills which are needed for the quest. Otherwise, the button where you can add a companion/family member to a village, should be deleted, since it has no effect atm.

Warriors of Calradia,

It is time to share another update on some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Just like before, stability and performance will continue to be a top priority for us. Beyond that, you will find some of our other goals listed below. Please note that this includes both broad and specific, as well as, shorter and longer term priorities.

Campaign
  • Kingdom & Politics
    • Improvements to Kingdom Decisions
    • Improvements to Rebellions & Kingdomless Clans
    • Abdication
  • Character System
    • We will continue to fix and balance perks.
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
    • Revisiting Cultural Bonuses
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Further Improvements to the Issue Creation Algorithm
  • Main Storyline Content
    • Scene Notifications
  • Player Clan Party AI directives
  • Army & Party AI Improvements
  • Crafting Improvements
  • Simulation Health
    • Balancing Security and Loyalty
    • Improving the Auto-Resolution of Battles
    • Economy
    • Pillaging Effects & Rebellion Dynamics
    • Captivity Balance & Player Choice
  • Sandbox Mode
  • Game Difficulty Tweaks
    • Ironman Mode
  • Adjustments to Death & Inheritance

Combat, Cameras, Animations & More
  • Lord’s Hall Fight
  • Prison Break
  • Performance improvements and optimizations for combat.
  • Siege AI & Formation Improvements
  • Spear Bracing
    • AI Implementation
  • Friendly Fire adjustments for Horses
  • Accuracy adjustments for ranged weapons (especially crossbows) when moving
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle system.
  • Improvements to the way the world map interacts with field battles
  • Sally Out Mission Implementation
  • Player Movement Animation Improvements
  • Board Game Improvements
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements
  • New music for taverns.
  • New ambient sounds for settlement menus.
  • Sound occlusion

UI/UX
  • Crafting UI Improvements
  • Clan and Kingdom screen Improvements
  • Significant Performance & Usability Improvements
  • Gamepad usability improvements

Art
  • Adding new scenes and improving existing ones.
    • Towns, Castles & Villages
    • Hideouts
    • Field Battles
  • Weapon scabbards improvements.
  • Additional new armor and costumes.
  • New tavern illustrations.
  • New music instruments
  • Improvements to existing assets.

Engine
  • Fixing crashes and bugs for the stable & beta versions.
  • Performance & smoother gameplay improvements.
    • Terrain performance improvements for the World Map.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding tools bug fixes & improvements based on user feedback.
  • Modding tools documentation improvements.

Other
  • Localization related work

Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone, and we will adjust them if the need arises.

Warriors of Calradia,

you will find some of our other goals listed below

I really hope for you and your Studio, that this is not all you offer after 8 years of developement, your playerbase loves/loved you because of M&B 1/Warband, if it is the only you offer (AFTER 8 YEARS), it would probably the last time you earned with a single game so much money as you did with BL.

I really hope for you and your Studio, that this is not all you offer after 8 years of developement, your playerbase loves/loved you because of M&B 1/Warband, if it is the only you offer (AFTER 8 YEARS), it would probably the last time you earned with a single game so much money as you did with BL.
Well, if you read it carefully you can see that they use the word "some" which implies that this will not be all the changes they are planing. For example we know that they are plaining some extra things(banner feature whatever this will be, ...) so i am pretty sure that this is not all we will get. I am sure that we can't get all the things we would like but starting the drama before we even know what we will get ist a bit premature in my opinion.

I wish your top priority was adding mechanics/content/things the player can do the game instead of performance. The is extremely stable. I would be surprised if it wasn't so stable after all these updates. I wish adding cool stuff like jousting or feasts or perhaps fistfight arenas was something you would work on. Don't want to rely on mods for that kind of stuff.

can we have more information on what's this about? :grin:
Did you get any response? I was kind of hoping the same thing.
My wager: Death rates are REALISTIC and you are lumped right in with the rest of them. Generals would have to avoid combat, people would lose moral significantly faster, Resting would probably be a requirement. Also STDs probably get introduced; ye shalt fear the CLAP!

Did you get any response? I was kind of hoping the same thing.
My wager: Death rates are REALISTIC and you are lumped right in with the rest of them. Generals would have to avoid combat, people would lose moral significantly faster, Resting would probably be a requirement. Also STDs probably get introduced; ye shalt fear the CLAP!
yes, not as exciting as I thought, but still, an interesting feature for acheivements and hardcore playthroughs
I do like your ideas though, a more realistic approach to the mechanics, no heros, only strategists survive
can we have more information on what's this about? :grin:
At the moment the focus is on the single save file, but other aspects are being discussed as well. Personally, I feel that a lot of those could just be separate difficulty options, though.

@Duh_TaleWorlds , @mexxico[/USER] Is there any update regarding death because companion or AI is dying like 3,4 as it is frustrating us a lot, it feels like we are wasting our time by grinding them....

Also can't player be ransom by his friends or wife or family as like it is possible for AI and something like player going to AI for quest or something the opposite should be a true like AI(good relation)calling us to get a job done or to warn us about someone and if we don't go to them it might hamper our relation with the AI.

I read that long time ago you guys will be working on voice over/peace time/feast as like we have for intro op and isbella. I wonder whether the plan is being worked on or dropped?

Is there going to be npc improvement for world immersion after 1.6 as i believe we have many good thing about war but not for peace amd world immersion after when 1.6 will implemented . I hope you guys don't mind replying as it already has been 1 year after EA we deserve some answers..

Last edited:
@Duh_TaleWorlds , @mexxico[/USER] Is there any update regarding death because companion or AI is dying like 3,4 as it is frustrating us a lot, it feels like we are wasting our time by grinding them....
There are 2 options that you will be able to use - disable death and disable clan member death in battles. The latter seems currently bugged, we will be looking into it.

There are 2 options that you will be able to use - disable death and disable clan member death in battles. The latter seems currently bugged, we will be looking into it.
I do like death but the rate is just too high and it's immersion-breaking. I hope the plan remains to reduce death chance of AI in the future because disabling death all-together isn't an ideal solution imo. Also AI needs to die in non-player battles as well. A small chance of companions dying would make it for a memorable event. Too big of a chance = player is just frustrated, it breaks immersion (even though deaths in battle make sense to be on the high end, still, in the context of playing a game it makes named characters feel meaningless. Lords/companions that have a name should play a bigger part in the story, for a longer time than the generic nameless "recruits, legionnaires etc".

If death chance will stay so high, I suggest a new "wounded" mechanic specific to named characters (lords, companions AND the player) that will only then enable death the next time they are knocked out in battle. So 10% chance for being eligible for death, basically. That way death in battle won't feel so random anymore, and it will be preventable by players and lords alike. Those kind of deep wounds would heal in a long time or you can even have physicists in towns that you can visit and pay so they boost the recovery time or remove the wounded status all-together.

This way you can create a more dynamic world, where lords that have traits that make them more reckless in battles would die more often, while cowardly lords or the more tactical would be more careful about their own lives so they would live longer. Also, generous lords wouldn't mind going to a physician, while close-fisted/greedy lords would prefer to save their coin and that would eventually come around and get them killed. We can have a really good system imo, immersive and fun, not too complex, and it would add some much needed depth to companions and lords all-together, and give us a proper player death chance in battle that is not random, punishing, and it is in the player's control - reckless players will die more often (going to battle even though deeply wounded), while players that are more careful and tactical once they're 'wounded' will survive (by doing extra activities instead of going to battle - like tavern games, quests, tournaments, and even paying for passage/surrendering more often, giving more meaning and weight to those activities and options especially in the late-game. It feels like a very fair system that I really wish will be in the game.

Last edited:
Roughly half the points on this Statement have been completed. Will we get another Statement soon, or is it going to be rolled into the "future plans" post that was supposed to be coming soon?

I do like death but the rate is just too high and it's immersion-breaking. I hope the plan remains to reduce death chance of AI in the future because disabling death all-together isn't an ideal solution imo.
Yes designers are examining this.

Roughly half the points on this Statement have been completed. Will we get another Statement soon, or is it going to be rolled into the "future plans" post that was supposed to be coming soon?
Not sure yet. Keep in mind that half done also means the other half would be carried over into a new statement - which people had expressed frustration about last time. I don't think there would be a long duration between such a blog post and an updated topic though.

I think it would be a good idea to update the OP with some sorts of checkmarks added next to the completed or partially completed plans, after each patch that affects the plan points from the OP, maybe also accompanied by a post each time, pointing to what is implemented.

This way there wouldn't be much speculation or rough approximations about which point from the plan are in and which aren't, and asking a new statement prematurely.

I think it would be a good idea to update the OP with some sorts of checkmarks added next to the completed or partially completed plans, after each patch that affects the plan points from the OP, maybe also accompanied by a post each time, pointing to what is implemented.

This way there wouldn't be much speculation or rough approximations about which point from the plan are in and which aren't, and asking a new statement prematurely.

I like that. It’s nice to know what progress is made or where folks thinking is as time goes on.

• Performance improvements and optimizations for combat.
  • Siege AI & Formation Improvements
  • Spear Bracing
    • AI Implementation
Please, fix the spear dude! Add the phalanx formation and create more categories of units like Shock Infantry, Pike Infantry and Bodyguards.

@Duh_TaleWorlds
Found something interesting in your code. There is a Class "BanditLoopTestStatic" which is hidden atm. It has to do with villages. My guess is that it work similar to WB, where when you enter a village you have a random bandit raid event.

So here comes the question:
Is this event(if it is what i guess) still under development or is it an abondend codepiece, but just not yet deleted?

Back
Top Bottom