Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello ! I would add to this recent discussion about the Telepathy thing, as stated in the mod :

For those who prefer realism I have added several options including a special Pigeon Post Mode. While this mode is active you will have to wait some time for conversation. This time dynamically depends on distance between heroes. You can reduce this time if after sending a message you will move in direction of hero you are going to talk with. But remember that movement of another hero also affects this time.

I mostly agree about the thoughts stated above, and saying that it decreases the level of interactivity in the game is discutable in my honest opinion. A counter argument to this : This is exactly what happens in the current build when we have to vote for either a law, a fief or a declaration of war/peace. It's implicit but one can think there are effectively messenger pigeons going around to make sure any Notables stay up to date. Heck we don't have to meet every single one to see what's their take on this.
It's already on the game and we got a direct feedback from their clan.

Hello ! I would add to this recent discussion about the Telepathy thing, as stated in the mod :

I mostly agree about the thoughts stated above, and saying that it decreases the level of interactivity in the game is discutable in my honest opinion. A counter argument to this : This is exactly what happens in the current build when we have to vote for either a law, a fief or a declaration of war/peace. It's implicit but one can think there are effectively messenger pigeons going around to make sure any Notables stay up to date. Heck we don't have to meet every single one to see what's their take on this.
This is very true.

I sometimes really wonder if "you" (not you personally) play the game that we have right now, especially the late game and say something like "Yes, this is totally fine and working as expected and intended."

Like when you´re the king and all your villages beeing constantly raided while your vassals / parties travel all around the world to do some "unimportant" stuff while you´re the only sane person in your kingdom that tries to defend the kingdom.
They created and played the main quest and thought that was a good idea, wouldn't put it past them being happy with it tbh.

For the mercenaries: why can we not advertise our need - by activating a flag in the clan management. Then every town and tavern we meet will spread the word. Finally willing mercenaries should come to us and offer their service.
Hmmm... something like a notice board in front of taverns, but this time YOU offer the quests.

The "Landline" (fixed location to hire mercenaries) sounds good to me.

On the topic of whack-a-mole, clans should be approaching the player to offer their services.

In Warband you could designate a location as the capital of your kingdom, and anyone who wanted to work for you would go there and wait in your hall. (There was a slight exploit though in that they would wait there forever, so you could basically imprison lords).

Copy that mechanic for Bannerlord. Designate a capital; poor landless potential defectors will travel there to wait in your hall for a limited period of time/until you tell them to **** off (to prevent the gathering lords exploit), and mercenary parties will travel there to wait in your hall for an audience if they're looking for work.

To ignore that potential exploit, I would rather make a " Messenger " waiting there for the sake of his/her Lord , just like you would send your Companions to Caravans or to do some quests.
That way you can't possibly exploit or imprison Lords themselves, they can walk around freely but send a small party or a wanderer to your Capital.
But that would require the Lords to get any sort of Companions linked to them to begin with, I'm not sure if it's remotely available in the codebase or already modded.

That sounds reasonable, and would probably be simpler for TW to add as well, without it being telepathy. Make it apply to both lords and mercenaries and that sounds great.

Another counter argument is the army creation system.
It is instant recruitment, only taking into account the actual distance of available clan parties.
So why not using similar system to call in available mercenaries.

I agree that some things in the game require too much micro management, but I think that the landline option is an acceptable compromise. And do keep in mind that that's just my take. Who knows, maybe it will go a different avenue entirely.
Some things? Litteraly the whole game is childs play mobile game wanna be with bare minimum to not having any depth nor any micromanagment.Everything in this game is insatnt,you are all knowing god from the start of the game thanks to encyclopedia where you just set your foot in Calradia but magicaly know about everything and everyone from the getgo instead of being gradualy updated encyclopedia as you travel and do adventures and quests and overtime encyclopedia updates as it follows players journey.

Litteraly we barely have any in depth micromanagment.Everything is littteraly dumbed down to the extremes even things that SHOULD BE micromanaged and SHOUDL BE IN DEPTH are so extremely dumbed down and so shallow that people dont even care about it so litteraly barely anyone plays vanila now.Everyone has atleast 10 mods that ADD TO THE DEPTH AND MICROMANAGMENT of lot of features bcs features look and feel like it was made for todlers,Middle School kids that are just entering High School or poepel that just have 1-2 hour of free time so lets juts make it as dumbed down and as easy as possible so thaty pople can skim throu as much content as possible in those 1-2h or their play.

Higher ups from TW just dont understand that certain features MUST BE in depth and have micromanaging bcs thats what make certain features pop up and be praised and gloated over bcs of its in depth system and micromangament.Problem lies in that TW decisions are constantly on lets dumb down litteraly everything even the things that requiers depth and micromanaging to unlock its full potential and grandness and not feel cheap 1-2 hour worth of gameplay type of game where you can finish it in a matter of a half a day wich sadly Bannerlord fell to that type/category of game.The only thing why people even play Bannerlord is due to some modds that enxance,enrich and give lost of depth to many features that are extremely dumbed down alongside mods tat fix manyy issues with the game.

I realy dont understand the Devs notions/picture like Bannerlord is some kind of in depth extreme micromanaging game when in reality Bannerlord is FAR FROM depth and micromanaging game.Its litteraly a kindergarden playground of a game whit lots of problematic choices made by TW higherups bcs of spearhead for simplicity in litteraly every single corner of the game when in reality especialy in a game like Bannerlord require and need depth and micomanaging when it comes to certain features/certain aspects of the game especialy when it comes to diplomacy,war,construction/building/castle lvl ups,villages upgrades all those stuff need and require and contribute enourmesly with beeing in depth and more micromanagy than what its now a barebone stripped down skeleton.

Last edited:
Some things? Litteraly the whole game is childs play mobile game wanna be with bare minimum to not having any depth nor any micromanagment.Everything in this game is insatnt,you are all knowing god from the start of the game thanks to encyclopedia where you just set your foot in Calradia but magicaly know about everything and everyone from the getgo instead of being gradualy updated encyclopedia as you travel and do adventures and quests and overtime encyclopedia updates as it follows players journey.

Litteraly we barely have any in depth micromanagment.Everything is littteraly dumbed down to the extremes even things that SHOULD BE micromanaged and SHOUDL BE IN DEPTH are so extremely dumbed down and so shallow that people dont even care about it so litteraly barely anyone plays vanila now.Everyone has atleast 10 mods that ADD TO THE DEPTH AND MICROMANAGMENT of lot of features bcs features look and feel like it was made for todlers,Middle School kids that are just entering High School or poepel that just have 1-2 hour of free time so lets juts make it as dumbed down and as easy as possible so thaty pople can skim throu as much content as possible in those 1-2h or their play.

Higher ups from TW just dont understand that certain features MUST BE in depth and have micromanaging bcs thats what make certain features pop up and be praised and gloated over bcs of its in depth system and micromangament.Problem lies in that TW decisions are constantly on lets dumb down litteraly everything even the things that requiers depth and micromanaging to unlock its full potential and grandness and not feel cheap 1-2 hour worth of gameplay type of game where you can finish it in a matter of a half a day wich sadly Bannerlord fell to that type/category of game.The only thing why people even play Bannerlord is due to some modds that enxance,enrich and give lost of depth to many features that are extremely dumbed down alongside mods tat fix manyy issues with the game.

I realy dont understand the Devs notions/picture like Bannerlord is some kind of in depth extreme micromanaging game when in reality Bannerlord is FAR FROM depth and micromanaging game.Its litteraly a kindergarden playground of a game whit lots of problematic choices made by TW higherups bcs of spearhead for simplicity in litteraly every single corner of the game when in reality especialy in a game like Bannerlord require and need depth and micomanaging when it comes to certain features/certain aspects of the game especialy when it comes to diplomacy,war,construction/building/castle lvl ups,villages upgrades all those stuff need and require and contribute enourmesly with beeing in depth and more micromanagy than what its now a barebone stripped down skeleton.
A bunch of areas definitely need more depth, but keep two things in mind here.

1: The vanilla game has to be fun. Fun means challenging. High levels of un-challenging micromanagement is only fun for a small number of players. If you force the player to do a lot of things that aren't challenging in order to play the game and just take time, they won't have fun.

2: TW don't have the time or resources to make every area of the game super deep and they can't deliver everyone's perfect ideal game, nor should they have to.

But I absolutely agree that TW can and should deliver on making the game deeper in areas that they have said in the past they would, or in ways that were there in prior titles.

Last edited:
A bunch of areas definitely need more depth, but keep two things in mind here.

1: The vanilla game has to be fun. Fun means challenging. High levels of un-challenging micromanagement is only fun for a small number of players. If you force the player to do a lot of things that aren't challenging in order to play the game and just take time, they won't have fun.

2: TW don't have the time or resources to make every area of the game super deep and they can't deliver everyone's perfect ideal game, nor should they have to.

But I absolutely agree that TW can and should deliver on making the game deeper in areas that they have said in the past they would, or in ways that were there in prior titles.
I understand that but i just think atleast MINIMUM is that the only part where atleast should be in depth or a bit more in depth then they are currenly are things that i mentioned or atleast when it comes to micromanaging and depth the Building/lvling up the castle/towns is atelast 1 feature that should and requiers to be in deapth and have more micromanaging to it.Just that one feature woud drasticaly improve the game on few lvl from immersion/roleplay aspect to the feature actualy feeling worth going back to and actualy caring about na dtat can give significant impact depending on how its managed/used by the player.

Also i made that comment cbs he wasnt the only dev that when making comment put it in a way and present/implying that Bannerlord and its features are some extremply in depth and so much micromanaging game when in reality as i said the game is far from deth and far from micromanagment yet devs in their talks/responses and way they say it imlies lie every Bannerlord feature that is in he game or suggested by cmmunity tha its way way to much in dept and way to mciromanagy even at thinsg that arent even micromanagy nor hugely in deppth yet they respond in a manner that looks like you are asking them to add all the calculations of ibcm/nukes and all the formulas with it when in reality community only asked for a small branch to be atleast looked at/be noticed.

imagine if they worked as hard as this in mp
MP has always been less important to the series (The first game didn't even have multiplayer). The singleplayer was the unique part of the series meanwhile TW gave us battle, deathmatches, duels and MP sieges. Only really the sieges was unique - It was the community, modders and external companies like Flying Squirrel that made M&B multiplayer big.

Lots of small updates is lovely, but seriously the team needs to be given time to work on bigger, more meaningful updates soon.
So much is still missing, there's probably a lot of internal iteration going on, but we need to see it, if not get our hands on it and test new systems.

Lots of small updates is lovely, but seriously the team needs to be given time to work on bigger, more meaningful updates soon.
If they wait and release big updates the community becomes restless (though they could alleviate this if they would communicate better about what is causing delays and what is actively being worked on!), also they gain less total user testing time. If they release multiple small updates it breaks people's mods which sucks, though this is balanced by more user testing benefit.
So much is still missing, there's probably a lot of internal iteration going on
Mmmm... I hope so haha but I think that what you see is what you get. Mexxico has told us some of the stuff he is working on for future patches (a super basic clan party control system, better influence voting) and the PR team told us about the maps terrain system in the works. I reckon that's about it for systems secretly in development, happy to be proven wrong by new communication.

If they wait and release big updates the community becomes restless (though they could alleviate this if they would communicate better about what is causing delays and what is actively being worked on!), also they gain less total user testing time. If they release multiple small updates it breaks people's mods which sucks, though this is balanced by more user testing benefit.

Mmmm... I hope so haha but I think that what you see is what you get. Mexxico has told us some of the stuff he is working on for future patches (a super basic clan party control system, better influence voting) and the PR team told us about the maps terrain system in the works. I reckon that's about it for systems secretly in development, happy to be proven wrong by new communication.
Waited 8 years for this game, can wait a few months for something more impactful on gameplay, if others can't they shouldn't have bought into EA, people are already restless because of how small these updates are and the missing features require time sounds like they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I've heard something of changes to the order of battle system, no details however. But yeah, better communication of what is actually being worked on would be nice.

The main benefits of fewer, bigger updates are that changes are more noticeable to the players and inactive players feel more reason to boot the game up again

Back
Top Bottom