Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Users who are viewing this thread

Also in terms of making children, why not make it so if your wife/husband is at your keep you can have a dialogue option like "Lets spend the night together", and if she/he has a positive opinion of you it will happen. Then it will go to the world map and time will pass until the next morning. Then after a few weeks there's a chance a message will pop up saying if your wife (or you if you're playing as female) is pregnant.

Not only is it an easy way for the player to control how many children they want, but it's also way more immersive than pregnancy happening while you're at different places.
+1

Only questions revolving around particular topics are answered. The rest are ignored.

Just a simple yes/no/maybe would suffice but the company prefers to leave the playerbase in dark.

Moreover, these questions are not something unrealistic like "add ships". They are just related to what's already in the game like additional dialogue and scenes.
Meh, not responding to people is a pretty standard way of saying "sorry, I can't tell you for one reason or another, and I can't tell you the reason either"

So it is official, we are nearing the end, with only balance, improvents and "minor" features on the horizon.

On one side, I am disapointed that the TW gave up on any meaningful roleplaying quality of the game.
  • No real quests outside of the main questline
  • No enhancements to dialogs to add more player variation
  • No Trait influencing dialog options for players
  • No enhacements to Persuasion (which currently is stupid from a RP standpoint, because you pick ALL the options, only the order in which you pick them is up to the player)
  • No improvements to marriage, which is just so terrible from a RP standpoint
  • No feasts, or any events of any kind. All there is is Combat (oh, and Board Games).
  • No dialog support for game features (as a second method to using the menu)
    • No dialogs to give immersion for Kingdom Decisions and Diplomacy
  • No support for Scenes. (Please give me a REASON to visit these scenes!)
  • No interesting companios
  • No gang-related features, making Roguery only meaningful (you guessed it!) in Combat, in the form of Raiding and Loot
  • No further point to Minor Factions, except as extra parties for warfare.
  • I could go in...
On the other side, this means release is much closer than I hoped, which means modders can finally take over...

I agee with all these points. Remove "No" from the beginning and this could be the new priority list. Especially the colored bits. There is a missed opportunity to make some epic scripted questlines that could reward you with unique armor sets/weapons. It's also a bit tragic that we don't get named companions anymore.

Campaign
  • Kingdom & Politics
    • Improvements to Kingdom Decisions
    • Improvements to Rebellions & Kingdomless Clans
    • Abdication
Hey, good morning, Duh

On this do you rebellions could be developed more deeply in something like civil war mechanic? I remember that on WB you could do that by helping Isolla of Suno on Swadian Throne. So, you guys consider a Rebellion feature development when asking about deep features such as civil war?

Last edited:
Who cares what fanbase wants. Management has their own priorities for the dev team, who needs fans & customers anyway, right?
Console players will not ask for any such features, they just want to smash buttons, lets put all our chips on them. /sarcasm

Who cares what fanbase wants. Management has their own priorities for the dev team, who needs fans & customers anyway, right?
Console players will not ask for any such features, they just want to smash buttons, lets put all our chips on them. /sarcasm
Please give at least one reliable source of TW mgmt stating they will make the game more arcade & less immersive / console friendly. I constantly hear them to deny it. Maybe i missed something....

Please give at least one reliable source of TW mgmt stating they will make the game more arcade & less immersive / console friendly. I constantly hear them to deny it. Maybe i missed something....
They have said that its down the road, at some point. But you are right, there no official confirmation yet.
Although, game is being simplified and new consoles have been released, this makes you think.
Also, from development point of view it makes sense to start porting to consoles as early as possible. Sadly.

They have said that its down the road, at some point. But you are right, there no official confirmation yet.
Although, game is being simplified and new consoles have been released, this makes you think.
Also, from development point of view it makes sense to start porting to consoles as early as possible. Sadly.
I think you worry to much. I only heard them saying "We don't want the game to be too micro-managed"... it is not the same though.

I think you worry to much. I only heard them saying "We don't want the game to be too micro-managed"... it is not the same though.
Hmm, let me see. Its almost a year since start of EA and we have got just a few simple, new features while future roadmap says nothing about cool stuff that even previous game had.

What more proof do you require? Both history of EA and TW future roadmap says that it will be simplified compared to previous game and compared to fanbase wishes,

What more proof do you require? Both history of EA and TW future roadmap says that it will be simplified compared to previous game and compared to fanbase wishes,
Just any proof would do... :wink:

Generally you either like the game or not. EA can be extended - no shame in that especially after 2020 - i don't have to say why they might have lost their momentum a little bit. I know at the very begining they communicated that some if not all features from previous titles will be ingame. But in the meantime since last year many things changed not only with TW perception. I am not worried. I am just a little bit tired on experiencing same bugs every now and then.

You had me at "adding new quests."
Call me a cynic, but I am 99% sure they mean Issues, as that is the only kind they have ever added. I don't know if the word "issue" has been used outside of their codebase, but these are the repeatable "quests".

Just any proof would do... :wink:

Generally you either like the game or not. EA can be extended - no shame in that especially after 2020 - i don't have to say why they might have lost their momentum a little bit. I know at the very begining they communicated that some if not all features from previous titles will be ingame. But in the meantime since last year many things changed not only with TW perception. I am not worried. I am just a little bit tired on experiencing same bugs every now and then.
Its hard for me to understand your logic. Why should we as customers lower our expectations and ignore our wishes only to blindly follow roadmap set by management interested into finishing their project cheaper and faster?

Saying that, I have around 200h in the game, valina is decent, but heavily modded is a lot more fun.

Its a game with huge potential and I like to see it reaching for it.

Its hard for me to understand your logic. Why should we as customers lower our expectations and ignore our wishes only to blindly follow roadmap set by management interested into finishing their project cheaper and faster?

Saying that, I have around 200h in the game, valina is decent, but heavily modded is a lot more fun.

Its a game with huge potential and I like to see it reaching for it.
My logic is mainly based on being a part of the team / leading +30-40 people projects across the world locations and it is mainly based on finding reason and building trust. With that last is not always that easy to say - especially when you get less credit and more whine everytime you get closer to the deadline. Constantly reminding that you not delivered what you promised is not helping. Such pressurem is not uncommon though and TW has probably get used to it at this point.

It is has nothing in common with lowering expectations at this point... why judge it before it is finished ? I don't say you cannot comment but your tone is so ultimate bro... They didn't annouce the end of EA yet, did they ? EA is a kind of a contract - where your invlovement is essential and as far as i remmembered they (devs) promised to release it only when its finished (as they see it). Do you ever encountered any problem in communication with them ? Have you ever provided input on some indepth analysis and they didn't respond ?

Game will be there no matter the outcome, will maintain its potential. You can take 1.4.3 and effectively change it with modes. So all in all everybody will be happy, including yourself, regardless of how bad or good the vanilla is in everybody's subjective opinion.

So it is official, we are nearing the end, with only balance, improvents and "minor" features on the horizon.

On one side, I am disapointed that the TW gave up on any meaningful roleplaying quality of the game.
  • No real quests outside of the main questline
  • No enhancements to dialogs to add more player variation
  • No Trait influencing dialog options for players
  • No enhacements to Persuasion (which currently is stupid from a RP standpoint, because you pick ALL the options, only the order in which you pick them is up to the player)
  • No improvements to marriage, which is just so terrible from a RP standpoint
  • No feasts, or any events of any kind. All there is is Combat (oh, and Board Games).
  • No dialog support for game features (as a second method to using the menu)
    • No dialogs to give immersion for Kingdom Decisions and Diplomacy
  • No support for Scenes. (Please give me a REASON to visit these scenes!)
  • No interesting companios
  • No gang-related features, making Roguery only meaningful (you guessed it!) in Combat, in the form of Raiding and Loot
  • No further point to Minor Factions, except as extra parties for warfare.
  • I could go in...
On the other side, this means release is much closer than I hoped, which means modders can finally take over...
+1

Warriors of Calradia,

It is time to share another update on some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Just like before, stability and performance will continue to be a top priority for us. Beyond that, you will find some of our other goals listed below. Please note that this includes both broad and specific, as well as, shorter and longer term priorities.

Campaign
  • Kingdom & Politics
    • Improvements to Kingdom Decisions
    • Improvements to Rebellions & Kingdomless Clans
    • Abdication
  • Character System
    • We will continue to fix and balance perks.
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
    • Revisiting Cultural Bonuses
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Further Improvements to the Issue Creation Algorithm
  • Main Storyline Content
    • Scene Notifications
  • Player Clan Party AI directives
  • Army & Party AI Improvements
  • Crafting Improvements
  • Simulation Health
    • Balancing Security and Loyalty
    • Improving the Auto-Resolution of Battles
    • Economy
    • Pillaging Effects & Rebellion Dynamics
    • Captivity Balance & Player Choice
  • Sandbox Mode
  • Game Difficulty Tweaks
    • Ironman Mode
  • Adjustments to Death & Inheritance

Combat, Cameras, Animations & More
  • Lord’s Hall Fight
  • Prison Break
  • Performance improvements and optimizations for combat.
  • Siege AI & Formation Improvements
  • Spear Bracing
    • AI Implementation
  • Friendly Fire adjustments for Horses
  • Accuracy adjustments for ranged weapons (especially crossbows) when moving
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle system.
  • Improvements to the way the world map interacts with field battles
  • Sally Out Mission Implementation
  • Player Movement Animation Improvements
  • Board Game Improvements
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements
  • New music for taverns.
  • New ambient sounds for settlement menus.
  • Sound occlusion

UI/UX
  • Crafting UI Improvements
  • Clan and Kingdom screen Improvements
  • Significant Performance & Usability Improvements
  • Gamepad usability improvements

Art
  • Adding new scenes and improving existing ones.
    • Towns, Castles & Villages
    • Hideouts
    • Field Battles
  • Weapon scabbards improvements.
  • Additional new armor and costumes.
  • New tavern illustrations.
  • New music instruments
  • Improvements to existing assets.

Engine
  • Fixing crashes and bugs for the stable & beta versions.
  • Performance & smoother gameplay improvements.
    • Terrain performance improvements for the World Map.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding tools bug fixes & improvements based on user feedback.
  • Modding tools documentation improvements.

Other
  • Localization related work

Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone, and we will adjust them if the need arises.

More in depth feasts or atleast Warband copy paste feasts when?

I woulld like to atleast hae copy paste Warband feast than nothing.

IF there will be feasts and IF possible then would be great if it had several versions and more in depth for example:
1)Have the usual copy paste Warband feast but be better timed/tweeked/fixed so that the feasts arent made randomly in the middle of the war or middle of being attacked by the enemy while ai is making and gathering for a feast.
2)Have war council like feast where ONLY war participans/vassals,marshal,king is pressent and its feast but is mostly about war planning (war room) where during feast via dialogue and voting of lords is decided where the MAIN army/Ai will first strike or have higher possibility to srike.Player if not leader wont e in full control of where Ai wil attack but war room,decisions and votes made during that war council feast will decide where Ai will focus/area/zone of its attacks/areal focused quiests for raids would be given instead of being compleatly random.
3)Have a dynasty/family feast where ONLY your family members are present at feast and dialogues is specificaly oriented towards family/own domain conversations rather than having war or overal kingdom conversations/dialouges.

In my oppinion that would make the game so much more immersive,roleplay,replayable and also all this stuff if it is alos impleente for Ai as well and add more to the world adn will give more insentives to player to visit his/her holdings more often and spend some time in the beutifly made halls rather than halls being made for nothing bcs 99.9% of the peopel juts do quick talk from the world and not even enter their holdings nor tavers at all.

Back
Top Bottom