Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Users who are viewing this thread

There is a criminal system in the game that largely works in the way described in the most recent statement you shared. (One deviation I think is that instead of a guaranteed death based on crime rating it's a bit softer with corporal punishment being able to kill you if your health is low at the point of pummeling.)

Since the beginning of EA we have released any content that was ready. We have shared a blanket for a while longer now :iamamoron:

The statements provide some insight on our current priorities (aka things we have been working on, are working on or will soon be working on). So using your example, we have prioritized party AI directives over marrying family members to companions.

Currently, such a feature is not approved, but I can bring it up at a suggestion meeting. I do think this falls more under polish than essential feature though.
It's good to see you again, Mr Smith. :iamamoron: ?

giphy.gif

Perhaps the matrix has fooled me again and I have seen what I wanted to see, just as the shadow is cast on the cave wall dancing gracefully with the fire.:iamamoron:

There is a criminal system in the game that largely works in the way described in the most recent statement you shared. (One deviation I think is that instead of a guaranteed death based on crime rating it's a bit softer with corporal punishment being able to kill you if your health is low at the point of pummeling. Another is influence loss while you have crime rating.)

Since the beginning of EA we have released any content that was ready. We have shared a blanket for a while longer now :iamamoron:

The statements provide some insight on our current priorities (aka things we have been working on, are working on or will soon be working on). So using your example, we have prioritized party AI directives over marrying family members to companions.

Currently, such a feature is not approved, but I can bring it up at a suggestion meeting. I do think this falls more under polish than essential feature though.
Will you be adding illustrations for the raiding tab, since we have a raided village illustration.

Could you share some screens, I'm not able to run the game atm.
Well what i meant was when we decide to pillage or devastate its just a normal "siege won" art work, while as in raiding a village we are seing a art work depicting the situation.
maxresdefault.jpg

found it

Last edited:
Well what i meant was when we decide to pillage or devastate its just a normal "siege won" art work, while as in raiding a village we are seing a art work depicting the situation.
That may be possible, but before any such thing is done, the pillaging should be evaluated and tweaked a bit more to make sure that there are no changes that would make such a work wasted.

Small note (as a former moderator here) - you can avoid double / triple / etc posting by using the little "edit" button under your post :wink:

That may be possible, but before any such thing is done, the pillaging should be evaluated and tweaked a bit more to make sure that there are no changes that would make such a work wasted.

Small note (as a former moderator here) - you can avoid double / triple / etc posting by using the little "edit" button under your post :wink:
Yes, sorry about that. Let me change it really fast.

Thanks for the information:smile:

Last edited:
@Duh_TaleWorlds

Hi There,

I hope you are having great time on this beautiful (at least in my place) Sunday afternoon.

I joined this community August last year. My first impressions on how the early access works were very much positive. This optimism was reduced to a very average level right now. But this while ago.. I saw that some players' ideas went through to the game and it is obvious that majority were not even taken into consideration or were more or less rejected in the process. I am just curious judging from the recent turn of events if there is still the point in actually sending new ideas to the team ? Like what is the chance those will be considered worth your time. There is probably so much topics i constantly read about - lost count in so called "broken promises" that from time to time are popping up (like in this thread). I wasn't aware of some.

So in my daily work i am product developer in a completely different business but as far as i can say - development phase is long gone, and we are into the "scale-up" / "implementation". Correct me if i am wrong but apart from helping you guys in finding new bugs and maybe providing data / observation from testing new features (EDIT: e.g. "preventing snowballing" is no new feature, but new update, this is what i meant) there is no real involvement the fanbase could help you at this point, am i right ?

My point is not in complaining. I just think early access support works better when there is a clear communication on the expectation you have from the team (i mean community). You can already say what are our expectation (tons of threads and posts).

The last question from me apart from those in bold. Is there a vision drawn about supporting Bannerlord title after EA is completed (e.g. DLC's or just usual updates) ? Or is it to early to decide ?

I hope this time you can answer my questions :smile:

Kind Regards

Last edited:
I really dislike your comments Duh of having to "suggest" a feature. Can't you guys make yourself up good features and implement them in a timely manner? I feel you are saying that to put the ball in our court, as if its our responsibility to make this game great. I know also that it is what you have to say to us, as good customer experience, but god dam makes me think you guys are having a hard time just executing the most basic features in the game, and really don't want/cant do anything else.

You want a good suggestion? Tell staff to play the game and ask them if its fun. Like really fun, and engaging and not late game boring etc. Maybe an anonymous poll inside TW office would bring honesty.

Another suggestion I have is for you, mexxico and other good developers to quit TW and make a similar game, so that you are released from the crap leadership TW has.

I really dislike your comments Duh of having to "suggest" a feature. Can't you guys make yourself up good features and implement them in a timely manner? I feel you are saying that to put the ball in our court, as if its our responsibility to make this game great. I know also that it is what you have to say to us, as good customer experience, but god dam makes me think you guys are having a hard time just executing the most basic features in the game, and really don't want/cant do anything else.

You want a good suggestion? Tell staff to play the game and ask them if its fun. Like really fun, and engaging and not late game boring etc. Maybe an anonymous poll inside TW office would bring honesty.

Another suggestion I have is for you, mexxico and other good developers to quit TW and make a similar game, so that you are released from the crap leadership TW has.
Actually that's not a bad idea, would love to see a "standalone" DLC like Warband was to the original M&B with Mexxico as the lead with total control. They should have more than enough money from the millions of Bannerlord sales to fund this.

@Nodice83 No, we are not just looking for bug reports. Feedback and suggestions are welcome and reviewed.

It will be worse than ai if you choose that option. You wont have second chance after you get knocked down in a battle. You'll just die and your save will end.
Let's avoid trolling / misleading people.

I think you are misreading that. When a user makes a suggestion and I tell them that I will forward it (aka suggest it internally) that does not mean that we do not come up with, propose and / or realize our own ideas.

Duh do you know about the death stuff or not sure yet?
Death and Inheritance refers to examining the current implementation of it and making sure that it's working as intended (The focus for me here is on making sure that fringe cases like heirs in prison, etc. aren't causing problems. But also fixing bugs like losing a stash on settlement owner change (>heir takes over) rather than settlement clan owner change (it's been conquered / annexed).

Beyond that it couples with game difficulty options that may affect some of the mission related bits as well. Finally, yes, balance (of companion / ai lord death %) is also something that we are discussing. The latter is not terribly urgent in my view, because the potentially too high amount of death around the player serves to expose issues related to it.

@Nodice83 It refers to anything from current priorities to specific feature feedback or independent suggestions.

Death and Inheritance refers to examining the current implementation of it and making sure that it's working as intended (The focus for me here is on making sure that fringe cases like heirs in prison, etc. aren't causing problems. But also fixing bugs like losing a stash on settlement owner change (>heir takes over) rather than settlement clan owner change (it's been conquered / annexed).

Beyond that it couples with game difficulty options that may affect some of the mission related bits as well. Finally, yes, balance (of companion / ai lord death %) is also something that we are discussing. The latter is not terribly urgent in my view, because the potentially too high amount of death around the player serves to expose issues related to it.
Thanks for the answer.

In my view where I see you guys running into major issues is with turning on death for AI vs AI simulations and what will happen to the population of the game in the first 18 years without new born babies repopulating the world (right now there is very few children at the start of the game to help during that first 18 yrs). In my eyes this is should be an urgent issue because to balance it out will likely require you guys injecting more children at various ages into the start of the game (my estimate is hundreds, so if they aren't trash autogenerated characters that will take some time). Maybe you guys think this is easy peasy and wont take a ton of time and balancing?

Until this is implemented the player is a just a walking reaper of death for his faction. I'm finding myself losing steam on doing long playthroughs watching my chosen faction lose significantly more lords than other, sieges are traps and the player is better off not participating. Maybe I've just played too much...

Sorry Duh, I know this is out of your hands.

Last edited:
Thank You @Duh_TaleWorlds. I do appreciate that !

P.S. Your silence in terms of other questions i asked, is also some kind of answer. I understand that 100% openness can get you into trouble. This may fall under "revealing company's long terms strategy" and honestly i didn't expect direct answer :wink:. But still, i believe most of the people here who really wish TaleWorlds to be a successful in every way - would really like to hear some of your management's representatives revealing Bannerlords future after EA.

Only questions revolving around particular topics are answered. The rest are ignored.

Just a simple yes/no/maybe would suffice but the company prefers to leave the playerbase in dark.

Moreover, these questions are not something unrealistic like "add ships". They are just related to what's already in the game like additional dialogue and scenes.

Only questions revolving around particular topics are answered. The rest are ignored.

Just a simple yes/no/maybe would suffice but the company prefers to leave the playerbase in dark.

Moreover, these questions are not something unrealistic like "add ships". They are just related to what's already in the game like additional dialogue and scenes.
You are right, fully agree. However I am far for blaming Devs and Moderators for being kept in dark... i can almost tangibly feel how much they are sometimes unhappy (or even frustrated) being on the first line of all this communication thing (with their hands tied). Especially when you can see they have recently leraned that being to frank with players doesn't pay off (by the way - last EA update was June 2020th). But there is so many reasons to ask those questions and i don't mean comments like: "You promised, deliver now". I believe that all who care, ask, comment, etc. have just one goal - to have fun playing Bannerlord for the years to come. I still hope it will work in the end.

Back
Top Bottom