Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Users who are viewing this thread

If they feel so tightly pressed by an internal schedule for all these features, I'd suggest that closer to 'release', TW should make a poll on extending the EA indefinitely. My take is that this is the only way to avoid negative reputation. Not delivering features and depth is worse than missing a deadline.

If they feel so tightly pressed by an internal schedule for all these features, I'd suggest that closer to 'release', TW should make a poll on extending the EA indefinitely. My take is that this is the only way to avoid negative reputation. Not delivering features and depth is worse than missing a deadline.
See "Cyberpunk 2077 drama" for instance... (EDIT: they actually failed on the buggyside not questline, but also cutoff some features due to upcoming schedule...)

Exactly this! They should take all the time needed instead of cutting features to meet deadlines. I think we'll all be completely okay with EA running for way longer!

100% agreed. I'd rather an indefinite EA of bug-squashing and not having an invisible (to us) deadline forcing content to be cut (which inevitably means they're burning dev hours to burn them) instead of getting what is a visually appealing but boring game in current state.

@Duh_TaleWorlds for your answer on my question regarding Minor Factions, is there not anything planned with them at all, or just in regards to them perhaps taking part in any Rebellions/Succession/Separatism Wars?

Can you shine any light if a civil war mechanic is being considered as an extension to Rebellions?

Where did you read they are time pressed?

@Nodice83 No, we are not just looking for bug reports. Feedback and suggestions are welcome and reviewed.

Let's avoid trolling / misleading people.

I think you are misreading that. When a user makes a suggestion and I tell them that I will forward it (aka suggest it internally) that does not mean that we do not come up with, propose and / or realize our own ideas.
Thank you for the replay Duh. I know you guys are hard at work, and that ideas that you come up are good too. I really root for you guys, I just expected better and more.

>Improvements to Kingdom Decisions
Vague, but good I hope.
>Improvements to Rebellions & Kingdomless Clans
Vague, I presume you're talking about minor factions? Good I hope.
Some suggestions: The minor factions are not just there for the mercenary mechanic, but presumably also to add flavour to the world. You really should introduce some more lore-oriented dialogue to all of the minor factions, not just when they greet us. Allow us to ask them about who they are, where they're from, what they're about and what they want.
>Abdication
When the player is the ruler? Or "forced" abdication against currently ruling NPC? Good in both cases.
>We will continue to fix and balance perks.
Some suggestions: Try to find a way to allow more than maximum of two choices per tier of perks, and also try to remove specific weapon-type perks. Atleast in my personal opinion I think that'd be good.
>Skill Progression & Effects balancing.
A bit vague, but I presume you mean balance how fast different skills level compared to eachother? Yeah some of them level too fast, while others too slowly, everything should hopefully be brought a bit close to eachothers levels aswell as in general leveling up should be faster too. The AI should definitely benefit equally from the perks and skills as the players do (not sure if this is the case right now), and they should level much more intelligently. It makes sense for NPC's who lead parties to level up in a certain way, and for others to not level that way. Also, do troops benefit from perks? If not, maybe they should, to make them stand apart from eachother even more?
>Revisiting Cultural Bonuses
Remove any movement speed related bonuses and rework them into something else. Khuzaits cultural bonus is especially concerning as it heavily negatively affects the balance of the game. Off the top of my head:
Sturgia; Raiders: Faster village raiding.
Battania; Heroism: Lower notable power threshold required for noble recruits.
Vlandia: Feudalism: Larger pool of peasant recruits.
Aserai: Enterprise: Greater taxation from cities.
Empire: Engineers: I'd keep as is, perhaps also cheaper settlement upgrades?
Khuzait: Nomads: Purchase price of Horses & Warhorses cheaper.

I'll post more later, goodnight now.

Last edited:
So it is official, we are nearing the end, with only balance, improvents and "minor" features on the horizon.

On one side, I am disapointed that the TW gave up on any meaningful roleplaying quality of the game.
  • No real quests outside of the main questline
  • No enhancements to dialogs to add more player variation
  • No Trait influencing dialog options for players
  • No enhacements to Persuasion (which currently is stupid from a RP standpoint, because you pick ALL the options, only the order in which you pick them is up to the player)
  • No improvements to marriage, which is just so terrible from a RP standpoint
  • No feasts, or any events of any kind. All there is is Combat (oh, and Board Games).
  • No dialog support for game features (as a second method to using the menu)
    • No dialogs to give immersion for Kingdom Decisions and Diplomacy
  • No support for Scenes. (Please give me a REASON to visit these scenes!)
  • No interesting companios
  • No gang-related features, making Roguery only meaningful (you guessed it!) in Combat, in the form of Raiding and Loot
  • No further point to Minor Factions, except as extra parties for warfare.
  • I could go in...
On the other side, this means release is much closer than I hoped, which means modders can finally take over...

Yea, I agree big time. Those listed are minor gameplay convenience/improvement features, welcomed, but almost completely ignoring RPG part of the game.

Additionally to your list I would like to see:
  • NPCs having a personality (at least starting Lords)
  • More dialogue options and lore
  • Clan and lord rivalries
  • No save-scumming marriages, but multi layer quests
  • Random encounters on the map and in towns
  • More interaction with the clan members, maybe even they giving you some quests
  • Nemesis system based on relationship with the lord (he will hunt you down and take revenge no matter what and even execute when relation is minus 100 or smth or kidnap your relatives)
  • Lord rebellions and forming of breakaway kingdoms
  • Peace time activities (bounty hunting, feasts, building your own fort or castle)
  • More diplomacy (trade, access rights to territory, alliances)
  • More differences between Imperial kingdoms
  • More meaningful bandits, like real crime lords with real multi layer hideouts that represent a challenge not just goofy 20-30 looters all over the place
  • Injuries and diseases
  • Some late game Cataclysm like barbarian invasion or something

Edit: Can we have banners in a game called BANNER lord please? For God sake, there's a mod that does that without no problems, just copy the code :grin:

They literally have one month and a half until they reach one year from the beginning of EA, which is when they're supposed to release. Even if it were 5 months from now, that's like saying tomorrow.
“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.”
this is from their steam page. there is a similar comment from callum several months back but i think their steam one is sufficient and i'm too lazy to look it up.

personally, i believe that they will deliver a good product rather than a rushed mediocre one even if it took them several years in early access.

their schedules run on valve time. they expected the game to be in our hands in 2016 and in 2017 after all.

Yea, I agree big time. Those listed are minor gameplay convenience/improvement features, welcomed, but almost completely ignoring RPG part of the game.

Additionally to your list I would like to see:
  • NPCs having a personality (at least starting Lords)
  • More dialogue options and lore
  • Clan and lord rivalries
  • No save-scumming marriages, but multi layer quests
  • Random encounters on the map and in towns
  • More interaction with the clan members, maybe even they giving you some quests
  • Nemesis system based on relationship with the lord (he will hunt you down and take revenge no matter what and even execute when relation is minus 100 or smth or kidnap your relatives)
  • Lord rebellions and forming of breakaway kingdoms
  • Peace time activities (bounty hunting, feasts, building your own fort or castle)
  • More diplomacy (trade, access rights to territory, alliances)
  • More differences between Imperial kingdoms
  • More meaningful bandits, like real crime lords with real multi layer hideouts that represent a challenge not just goofy 20-30 looters all over the place
  • Injuries and diseases
  • Some late game Cataclysm like barbarian invasion or something

Edit: Can we have banners in a game called BANNER lord please? For God sake, there's a mod that does that without no problems, just copy the code :grin:
A few of those ideas (feast, invasion, hideout building) were very unrealistic after this point with the current situation of the game . :smile:

Others are very good and should have been implementes already. It would be good to have a word from TW on whether these are planned.

IMHO reading this update I will say that we will have a good game, for sure!!! but not a brillant one.

There are things that I really don't understood, for example going to my castle keep and find my wife writing on a book... a lovely image.

Es7p6daXYAYa75J

Probably I am so naive, but I expected that she will tell me something like: "Hi my love, I was writing on my note book..." or something like that ...no, it didn't happened, she told me the same things than any other lord with the same dialog options including this single option 'never mind' which is terrebly fustrating for the player.

So.... why someone spent time to create this animation and then ... nothing else, which is the point?

And of course this is the general feeling I have in this game, many things looks great but they are empty. I hoped that they will put some effort to fill these 'gaps' but reading this post it doesn't seems the case.

So, yes... it will be a good game but not brillant.

Also in terms of making children, why not make it so if your wife/husband is at your keep you can have a dialogue option like "Lets spend the night together", and if she/he has a positive opinion of you it will happen. Then it will go to the world map and time will pass until the next morning. Then after a few weeks there's a chance a message will pop up saying if your wife (or you if you're playing as female) is pregnant.

Not only is it an easy way for the player to control how many children they want, but it's also way more immersive than pregnancy happening while you're at different places.

Probably I am so naive, but I expected that she will tell me something like: "Hi my love, I was writing on my note book..." or something like that ...no, it didn't happened, she told me the same things than any other lord with the same dialog options including this single option 'never mind' which is terrebly fustrating for the player.
You are not naive, but 'never mind' option might still come in handy after some time in marriage.

Back
Top Bottom