Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Users who are viewing this thread

Strange to hype up a feature and then disappear for half a year.
We all make mistakes, don't we? :grin:

The scale of work here is tremendous, I agree, but I wouldn't mind having a few new battlefields already... Getting a bit sick of one and the same maps every time. Considering, that late game right now is nothing but an infinite war (and there's nothing else to do during peace time), maps are getting repetitive, and so are the battles.

So, we either need something to do during peace time (which leads to the need of reworking the AI so they stop declaring wars the minute they've made peace) or at least add this Terrain System, so the battles won't be so repetitive.

We all make mistakes, don't we? :grin:

The scale of work here is tremendous, I agree, but I wouldn't mind having a few new battlefields already... Getting a bit sick of one and the same maps every time. Considering, that late game right now is nothing but an infinite war (and there's nothing else to do during peace time), maps are getting repetitive, and so are the battles.

So, we either need something to do during peace time (which leads to the need of reworking the AI so they stop declaring wars the minute they've made peace) or at least add this Terrain System, so the battles won't be so repetitive.
Yeah, thats why I am waiting for the terrain system, burned myself out with 200 played hours and realized, that there's nothing than a mindless grinding on the second half of the game.

Strange to hype up a feature and then disappear for half a year.
I have cited this topic before, but it is still on point so I shall do it again - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...taleworlds-communication.439838/#post-9648963 (TLDR - Why did you not announce BTS earlier?)

A notable portion of the community has requested us to share larger works-in-progress. We try to do so as soon as we reasonably can. That means that there can be a significant gap between announcement and release.

I have cited this topic before, but it is still on point so I shall do it again - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...taleworlds-communication.439838/#post-9648963 (TLDR - Why did you not announce BTS earlier?)

A notable portion of the community has requested us to share larger works-in-progress. We try to do so as soon as we reasonably can. That means that there can be a significant gap between announcement and release.
You should think about a partial BTS release, the glow of the announcement is long gone, but you can engage the remaining players with releasing new BTS maps in major and minor releases.

You should think about a partial BTS release, the glow of the announcement is long gone, but you can engage the remaining players with releasing new BTS maps in major and minor releases.
Agreed. It would keep the engagement and excitement of the community not as low.

While I'm glad that the devs are still somewhat mindful of SP, I'm suspicious that MP-mode is holding back most of the sand box/quests and more robust SP features, also multiplying the length of this game being in EA/InDev...

Any roadmap update would be so sweet at this point now that we got those long anticipated features
Basically they will continue to fix bugs (some of them are deep rooted problems, some were talked about like 2 years ago) and continue add some things here and there.
The sum of fixes and medium-small additions could be enough to make a decent game, good modding tools and mods will then continue to sell the game.
I hope TW surprises us tho, Bannerlord could be so much more than this... huge potential.

While I'm glad that the devs are still somewhat mindful of SP, I'm suspicious that MP-mode is holding back most of the sand box/quests and more robust SP features, also multiplying the length of this game being in EA/InDev...
I agree with you and I feel that a lot of dev time is spent on multiplayer while at it's core M$B is a single-player experience. I think Talewords should've concentrated efforts to release the game as a single-player and then finish the multiplayer tinkering after release. But that's just my opinion.

SP and MP are separate teams and have been for years. MP has a smaller team IIRC. So MP existing isn't to blame. Even if you literally deleted MP and moved its small team of coders and balancers to SP it probably wouldn't make much difference to the pace of development.

It's a well known opinion that Taleworlds develops one feature at a time with their whole team. New battle maps are needed? Everyone in Taleworlds fires up the map editor and makes maps. New MP tweaks? Everyone starts tweaking MP troops and items and SP development is completely halted (it's an outrage)!
There can be no other way to develop games.

It's a well known opinion that Taleworlds develops one feature at a time with their whole team. New battle maps are needed? Everyone in Taleworlds fires up the map editor and makes maps. New MP tweaks? Everyone starts tweaking MP troops and items and SP development is completely halted (it's an outrage)!
You forgot about the office cleaning day (each Friday probably...), everyone starts cleaning every single corner of TW HQ, stopping development on both SP and MP.
You can not mess up with hygiene, especially during a health crisis... And nothing is better than a clean desk!

I just imagined the linguists doing the localization, undergoing a 12 hour lecture on how to properly use the map editor, further halting the development :lol:

And what happens when Armagan wants a hot coffee or tea?

If I remember last year correctly (and if TW follows the same timeframe), then sometime soon there should be an update to the roadmap.

any plans to fix arena? ive just watched the ai cheat literally 30 matches in a row where either i dont get hits and it goes right through them or the ai makes hits it shouldnt or blocks it shouldnt from across its body or something else. ive seen it pull nonsense out of its back side so ridiculous all you can do is laugh.

seems even worse then it used to be. then your allies no matter their stats can only take one hit and always go down, and their guys even with a two handed weapon almost always take 2 hits and speed advantages and machine gun volleys at me even if they are your own men and you know they dont have any stats. their teams tend to run together as a group. mine? i get 2 of the enemy groups that come after us instead of going after the group across from them and one of our guys runs off after the 4th team by himself and the others split after the other 2.

do you guys just not play your own game or what? not cool.

any plans to fix arena? ive just watched the ai cheat literally 30 matches in a row where either i dont get hits and it goes right through them or the ai makes hits it shouldnt or blocks it shouldnt from across its body or something else. ive seen it pull nonsense out of its back side so ridiculous all you can do is laugh.

seems even worse then it used to be. then your allies no matter their stats can only take one hit and always go down, and their guys even with a two handed weapon almost always take 2 hits and speed advantages and machine gun volleys at me even if they are your own men and you know they dont have any stats. their teams tend to run together as a group. mine? i get 2 of the enemy groups that come after us instead of going after the group across from them and one of our guys runs off after the 4th team by himself and the others split after the other 2.

do you guys just not play your own game or what? not cool.
If anything - its too easy. Probably you are fighting with a two-handed weapon and still need to build up your real-life reflexes. Play Chivalry 2, after that Bannerlord will seem as a walk in a park.
But anyway, if you believe there's a bug, it should go to bug section not future roadmap. Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom