Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it would be a good idea to update the OP with some sorts of checkmarks added next to the completed or partially completed plans, after each patch that affects the plan points from the OP, maybe also accompanied by a post each time, pointing to what is implemented.

This way there wouldn't be much speculation or rough approximations about which point from the plan are in and which aren't, and asking a new statement prematurely.
Thats rly good idea. +1

Is this list gets update over time or old?
We update it once a sufficient number of points has seen progress.

@Duh_TaleWorlds any chance the OP could be updated to show which items have been delivered and are considered "done" and which are over the 50% hump towards being "done"?
List for the ones I have insight on (primarily campaign).
Campaign
  • Kingdom & Politics
    • Improvements to Kingdom Decisions [WIP]
    • Improvements to Rebellions & Kingdomless Clans [Some fixes have been made/released, more will follow]
    • Abdication [Released]
  • Character System
    • We will continue to fix and balance perks. [Some fixes have been made/released, more will follow]
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing [Some fixes have been made/released, more will follow]
    • Revisiting Cultural Bonuses [Released, Watching Feedback]
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests [Released, more will follow]
    • Further Improvements to the Issue Creation Algorithm [Continuous WIP]
  • Main Storyline Content
    • Scene Notifications [WIP]
  • Player Clan Party AI directives [Released, some adjustments pending]
  • Army & Party AI Improvements [Released]
  • Crafting Improvements [Released, Fixes pending, Watching Feedback]
  • Simulation Health [Most of these are a continuous WIP]
    • Balancing Security and Loyalty
    • Improving the Auto-Resolution of Battles
    • Economy
    • Pillaging Effects & Rebellion Dynamics [Have seen some adjustments, monitoring]
    • Captivity Balance & Player Choice [Released]
  • Sandbox Mode [Released]
  • Game Difficulty Tweaks [Released]
    • Ironman Mode [Released]
  • Adjustments to Death & Inheritance [WIP]

Combat, Cameras, Animations & More
  • Lord’s Hall Fight [WIP]
  • Prison Break [Released, adjustments/fixes will follow]
  • Performance improvements and optimizations for combat. [Continuous WIP]
  • Siege AI & Formation Improvements [Continuous WIP]
  • Spear Bracing [WIP]
    • AI Implementation

• Improvements to the Order of Battle system. [WIP]
  • Improvements to the way the world map interacts with field battles [WIP]
  • Sally Out Mission Implementation [WIP]

• New music for taverns. [WIP]
  • New ambient sounds for settlement menus. [WIP]
  • Sound occlusion [Released]

Art
  • Adding new scenes and improving existing ones [Released various scenes, more to follow]

Other
  • Localization related work [WIP]

@Duh_TaleWorlds @SadShogun You guys got any news or hints about revisions to the medicine skill learning rate or new ways to raise it? I know something is being worked on, but I'm I'll take any little info snacks I can get! I'm looking very forward to any improvement in this area. I also wonder, do you have any revisions for the means to level Leadership in the works? Many players would like to raise it without using armies.
Both of us have been working together to collect data on skill gains. We will be discussing potential problems & improvements based on that.

Duh I'm a simple man who understands almost nothing about coding, can you explain in layman's terms why it's taking so long for sieges to be fixed?
Sieges are a fairly complex feature and the issues it experiences are due to a combination of both scene specific problems as well as AI quirks. Both aspects are being worked on. Devs like mexxico and me don't discuss these aspects that much, because they are combat related and we are working on the campaign.

when is the next priority update? its been a quarter of a year???

Surely theyve made progress or have new priorities?
I would assume that we get it when they released the things from the last Development Video. So that would be battle terrains mostly. The other things like Duell mode for MP and smaller stuff like pillaging are already in the game. I also think that by now they should be atleast mostly finished with all the new maps. when they realy started working on it in January(The Dev-Vodes came out in early february and they had already maps to show the system so i am optimistic that we can get this in 1-2 Patches.
Edit: I think Lords Hall fights are the second thing that we have to see for a new update. If you look at Duhs list this are the only large points that are not things they will include until the game is finished which are still missing.

Last edited:
@Duh_TaleWorlds

I have a question, that perhaps hasn't been answered or made regarding deaths and battles

Sorry if this one was made, but the player Hero (main controlled avatar) will he be able to die in battle too when death are fixed and rated?

Back
Top Bottom