Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine II

Users who are viewing this thread

Speaking of back alleys: I wonder, if it were a good idea to be able to place a rogue companion in a city to 'protect' the masses.
Benefits:
- he could gather rumors
- he could generate some small money
- he could generate some 'items/goods' that were 'secured' from warehouses (get them at night before the gates with a chance fighting vigilants)
- he could train recruits for you (maybe you could drop off criminal units for him to build his gang) or just keep the thugs for having more 'power' in the city
Negatives:
- might/will upset other influential citizens
- could be captured by authorities
- could be kicked out of town by other gang leaders

Additionally, I think this feature might come in handy as well:
When Lord of a fief, especially holding a castle, could it be possible to tell your village peasants WHERE to deliver their goods?
I have the current situation that my liege Rhagea has conquered two castles around Husn Fulq. I own shops in the imperial city north of the castles (Danustica). Yet, they deliver their goods to Husn Fulq where for me it would be better if they reach Danustica. Sure, I could buy the stuff myself and get it there on my own...but I am a lord of two castles and not a errand boy :wink:
I mean, as their liege and master you should be able to tell your villagers which cities to trade with and which are off-limits. And you could influence the economy a bit.

Last edited:
Speaking of back alleys: I wonder, if it were a good idea to be able to place a rogue companion in a city to 'protect' the masses.
Benefits:
- he could gather rumors
- he could generate some small money
- he could generate some 'items/goods' that were 'secured' from warehouses (get them at night before the gates with a chance fighting vigilants)
- he could train recruits for you (maybe you could drop off criminal units for him to build his gang) or just keep the thugs for having more 'power' in the city
Negatives:
- might/will upset other influential citizens
- could be captured by authorities
- could be kicked out of town by other gang leaders

Additionally, I think this feature might come in handy as well:
When Lord of a fief, especially holding a castle, could it be possible to tell your village peasants WHERE to deliver their goods?
I have the current situation that my liege Rhagea has conquered two castles around Husn Fulq. I own shops in the imperial city north of the castles (Danustica). Yet, they deliver their goods to Husn Fulq where for me it would be better if they reach Danustica. Sure, I could buy the stuff myself and get it there on my own...but I am a lord of two castles and not a errand boy :wink:
I mean, as their liege and master you should be able to tell your villagers which cities to trade with and which are off-limits. And you could influence the economy a bit.
very nice ideas!
I'm also very curious about where this development is going please provide more information TW
since it was announced i envisioned a Career path next to that of a Loyal vassal or mighty warlord but one of the robin hood sorts a outlaw king
who could influence cities by owning its underworld and that the player could build their own hideout
i would like to ad the idea that if u own the gang in town they could help u assassinate or kidnap lords passing trough
and help u to free prisoners kept in that town
or when ad war with the nation of the town u could accept protection money or stir up unrest

I would like to say to the devs that I love where they are heading with the planned additions. Most of the mods I use are either for diplomacy expansions (more variety of interactions with other npcs) or being able to have more control over my subjects (party AI and garrisons mostly). And I'm very happy to see that the native game will cover those eventually.

I play mostly on the main branch and so far I find that every update is always an improvement over the previous versions. That being said, I don't have any original recomendations or feedback that hasn't been said before. I agree that the core mechanics should work in a fluid manner between each other and I really look forward to the day the game is in a state where every player can truly craft their own experience with said mechanics being very flexible to adapt to different gameplay styles (i.e. rogue bandit king, honorable merchant, merciless ruler, and so on.).

... after all you haven't been able to add ANYTHING for the past half a year, only fixes and more fixes for a broken game...
You realise the game is early access right? It’s not been technically released as a full version yet, you bought a beautiful, immersive masterpiece-in-the-making, not the finished article... why are so many gamers impatient haters these days?
literally just go >>here<< and scroll down and read the “why early access” section.

You realise the game is early access right? It’s not been technically released as a full version yet, you bought a beautiful, immersive masterpiece-in-the-making, not the finished article... why are so many gamers impatient haters these days?
literally just go >>here<< and scroll down and read the “why early access” section.

Normally id agree with you and i tend to defend developers if its simply a time issue -meaning if they really are planning awesomeness but miscalculated time and are even years off -im patient. If on the other hand they let you know they have little to no intention of developing really fricken important parts of the game ever again especially in the name of 'accessibility' or 'thats modders work'...well then thats a whole nother story

Normally id agree with you and i tend to defend developers if its simply a time issue -meaning if they really are planning awesomeness but miscalculated time and are even years off -im patient. If on the other hand they let you know they have little to no intention of developing really fricken important parts of the game ever again especially in the name of 'accessibility' or 'thats modders work'...well then thats a whole nother story
I’ve played all the mount and blade games and genuinely there isn’t another game that really hits the spot quite like it. Ck3 has great diplomacy but you rely on retarded npcs to fight for you and have no ability to control the outcomes of battle with strategy or skill, total war series is great but the level of customisation is very low, Skyrim is one of my favourite games but it was even buggier than Bannerlord when it came out and the war has only two potential outcomes.

Taleworlds have created a very unique game that will improve with time and patience,I saw it with vanilla to warband and the expansions, Bannerlord will be no different. At the end of the day TaleWorlds do their best to listen to the community, they released it as early access and were upfront with the fact that it was going to be a while before they got it where it needed to be, that’s more than can be said for Ubisoft, activision, Bethesda, Blizzard and even those guys who made Cyberpunk 2077.

When armies are defeated, it would make some amount of sense for some number of the troops that escaped from the edges of the map to disperse across settlements of their culture or form mercenary bands/raiders. It would help make the tactical outcome of battles more consequential strategically- an army scattered rather than decisively destroyed presents opportunities for the losing side when rebuilding their parties and makes territories in conflict more dangerous for everyone. It also lets the devs ease off on exogenous sources of high-level recruits and bandits. Hardly a priority, but definitely contributes to a narrative.

When armies are defeated, it would make some amount of sense for some number of the troops that escaped from the edges of the map to disperse across settlements of their culture or form mercenary bands/raiders. It would help make the tactical outcome of battles more consequential strategically- an army scattered rather than decisively destroyed presents opportunities for the losing side when rebuilding their parties and makes territories in conflict more dangerous for everyone. It also lets the devs ease off on exogenous sources of high-level recruits and bandits. Hardly a priority, but definitely contributes to a narrative.
i agree. also, i think fights should be until a side breaks and routs not almost to the last man that we have now.
morale must be much more significant.

deafeated lords will retain much of their troops and build on them if it were done this way. also, to give them a chance to escape, disorganized state should only be applied to the winning side.

i agree. also, i think fights should be until a side breaks and routs not almost to the last man that we have now.
morale must be much more significant.

deafeated lords will retain much of their troops and build on them if it were done this way. also, to give them a chance to escape, disorganized state should only be applied to the winning side.

Interesting suggestion. I am currently arguing about this in the snowballing thread because I have the feeling that the current system is making snowballing much worse.

The problem is the single parties still being able to catch bigger armies easily, but your suggestion about disorganized state only being applied to winner side could help.

EDIT: thinking more about this, it could make Khuzaits even more OP than they are now...

Last edited:
Interesting suggestion. I am currently arguing about this in the snowballing thread because I have the feeling that the current system is making snowballing much worse.

The problem is the single parties still being able to catch bigger armies easily, but your suggestion about disorganized state only being applied to winner side could help.

EDIT: thinking more about this, it could make Khuzaits even more OP than they are now...
mexxico cracked why khuzaits are OP. once they implement the fixes. they'd be the same as any faction.
anyhow, i'm not expecting morale mattering in vanilla bannerlord. it never did in vanilla warband and there are a bunch of warband features that are yet to be implemented.
mods are our only hope.

Back
Top Bottom