Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine II

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, defenders spawning behind the attackers' back is a real issue.
It would be better if the battle was held in the mid of map.

Also, althogh I've played SP Bannerlord for a week, I have noticed that reinforcement waves consist of same proportion of low, medium and top tier troops. Whilst in Warband the majority of elite troops engage in the first wave and usually make the decisive (or not) first blow of the battle. And the following waves consist of medium or militia troops.
In BL you can still see Vlandian Vanguards appearing by 4-5 units every wave till the last one incoming even in 1000vs1000 battle.

That I also find as an issue.

Sounds grate hope one of the options added for combat will be "Auto directional attack" that was an option in Warband it was such a grate system im really lost with out it, o and thank you so much for the auto block option it works amazing .Know you are making the best dynamic sandbox out there with its scale thank you so much!

Are there any plans for the criminality system?
Life of a proper criminal would be a great change of air gameplay wise. As of now, as mexxico stated before, plans of implementing the disciplinary perk to the roguery tree raised my hopes. Even though it's not there yet, I personally like recruiting bandit troops and stabbing chickens and thugs alike in the streets. It might not be optimal but it's fun. Though I wonder when will the time for the proper implementation of this system going to come.

It would be nice if you could revisit the first post after each update to mark in some way ths things that are already finished. So it would be easier for someone who doesn't play or for someone who is not sure if a point is finished or still in work.

While battle tactics are way improved over Wrband, the situation described above still doesn't make any sense from tactical point of view. Real battle should open with skirmishes. Archers and light cav should be sent in advance, trying to open the enemy formation/weaken the force/ provoke attack etc. Light cav should go aganst light cav, winnig cav should charge enemy archers. Only after one side manages to route the enemy skirmishers, they should commit full-force to attack weakened enemy.

that is totaly correct, in historical battles (most of them).
i think that the basic problem is that you just have to press f1 f3, to have them charge,
but this breaks immersion and speeds up very much the battle.
formations were used to keep your troops safe during battles.

I love this game and have played warband for thousands of hours haha. However I don't plan to play until that controller command wheel whatever you want to call it is only an option. I'm not re learning a whole bunch of buttons because some ex console players aren't willing to learn or adapt. There needs to be an option to go back to the default commands. This wheel of misfortune must be stopped. And to be clear I use and always have used a controller to steer my mount and move and the mouse to parry and attack, then the keyboard for commands. Please fix or revert this or have it as an option or just get rid of it haha. I've never complained on one of these forums before it just really irks me that you messed around with that fellas.

I love this game and have played warband for thousands of hours haha. However I don't plan to play until that controller command wheel whatever you want to call it is only an option. I'm not re learning a whole bunch of buttons because some ex console players aren't willing to learn or adapt. There needs to be an option to go back to the default commands. This wheel of misfortune must be stopped. And to be clear I use and always have used a controller to steer my mount and move and the mouse to parry and attack, then the keyboard for commands. Please fix or revert this or have it as an option or just get rid of it haha. I've never complained on one of these forums before it just really irks me that you messed around with that fellas.

The option has been added internally and we've announced this in its thread.

We've also decided to make the radial system optional with a future update, which means that anyone who prefers the "TAB" classical M&B system will be able to enjoy it in the future too.

The keys won't change however.

The Ottoman empire eat plenty of potatoes and meat so why no potatoes? We have butter but no potatoes to put them on. =<
Potatoes do not exist in medieval europe, they are peruvian / south american / were developed by andean people, they were brought to europe and the rest of the world on the 1600's, it really shocks me people think they are from ireland or something.

How about fixing the worthless AI in battles. I just played defense on a siege and my archers were running directly into melee not shooting just running right into people hacking them to pieces. Your AI for individuals continues to be crap close to 9 months after. I understand the need to work on crashes. I don't experience any crashes unless I use a mod that doesn't work but for the LOVE OF GAWD please fix the terrible AI. Also in that same battle as the enemy was coming over the walls they were just running right past some of my army, within 5-10 feet just running right past them.

Do devs plan to add some basic Militia Archers for the Battanian recruits troop tree?

I would like to go full battanian in a campaign, but having limited access to archers (compared to other factions) is a bit disappointing.

Do devs plan to add some basic Militia Archers for the Battanian recruits troop tree?

I would like to go full battanian in a campaign, but having limited access to archers (compared to other factions) is a bit disappointing.
That would make Battanians less unique and more like every other faction. One of the big problems the game's faction troop trees face right now is that almost all the factions feel too similar. If you take away one of the few things that makes Battania stand apart (not having foot archers) you're going to worsen that issue.

It's kind of like asking why the Nords in Warband lacked a heavy cavalry unit, or saying that the Khuzaits in Bannerlord need more heavy infantry, or asking why Vlandia doesn't have horse archers. The answer is: giving factions distinct strengths and weaknesses that make them feel different to fight.

I think a better solution is to give more javelins to the Battanian infantry units who carry them, and letting javelins be their main ranged option. This would match their real life inspiration, as most groups of Celts in the 1000s (with the exception of the South Welsh) used javelins rather than bows. It would also provide better representation in the game for javelins, as bows are obviously massively overrepresented in troop trees.

That would make Battanians less unique and more like every other faction. One of the big problems the game's faction troop trees face right now is that almost all the factions feel too similar. If you take away one of the few things that makes Battania stand apart (not having foot archers) you're going to worsen that issue.

It's kind of like asking why the Nords in Warband lacked a heavy cavalry unit, or saying that the Khuzaits in Bannerlord need more heavy infantry, or asking why Vlandia doesn't have horse archers. The answer is: giving factions distinct strengths and weaknesses that make them feel different to fight.

I think a better solution is to give more javelins to the Battanian infantry units who carry them, and letting javelins be their main ranged option. This would match their real life inspiration, as most groups of Celts in the 1000s (with the exception of the South Welsh) used javelins rather than bows. It would also provide better representation in the game for javelins, as bows are obviously massively overrepresented in troop trees.

meanwhile normans made use of welsh archers a lot. battanians represent not just the irish. also, it's not just the lack of archers, but battanians havign more cavalry than most other factions, especially the empire is ridiculous and need to be fixed.

I'd rather go with zero cavalery for battanians, than zero archers.
meanwhile normans made use of welsh archers a lot. battanians represent not just the irish. also, it's not just the lack of archers, but battanians havign more cavalry than most other factions, especially the empire is ridiculous and need to be fixed.
That's right, Battanians don't just represent the Irish but they also don't just represent the Welsh, they represent all western Celts (plus a little bit of ancient Celts). Keep in mind as well, only the South Welsh used longbows, the North Welsh didn't. So with that overall representation in mind, I think the current situation of Fians being the elite longbow troops and the rest of Battanian soldiers using javelins makes sense.

I agree that Battanians should have less cavalry. I'd like to see Battania lose the Scout cavalry unit, and in its place, get a longspear-using infantryman who carries 2 stacks of javelins (mimicking the Pictish/Scottish Schiltrons). I think this change would make Battania more unique from other factions and more distinctly Celtic, and that would give them a bit more ranged power without resorting to giving them the regular archer every other faction has and making them less unique.

I do agree with most of rosters being pretty similar when we check kind of units availability, but they are not really similar if we check units performance but it is probably something related balancing. For example, despite of having heavy infantry, I really do not bother with Vlandian Sergeants and they are far to be on Lefionary level.

Same happens with Vlandian Vanguard compared to Khuzait Heavy Lancer, the las one is a much more effective unit.

Lo que eche en falta fue poder enlitarme en algun ejercito como en algunos mods del warband,o poder hacer/tener nuestro propio campamento y tambien estaria bien que metieran algun trabajo como leñador,minero....se podrian conseguir recursos para herreria o lo que te apetezca....esto ultimo me gustaria como el novas aetas....lo nuevo de los clanes y demas que meten me gusta

Lo que eche en falta fue poder enlitarme en algun ejercito como en algunos mods del warband,o poder hacer/tener nuestro propio campamento y tambien estaria bien que metieran algun trabajo como leñador,minero....se podrian conseguir recursos para herreria o lo que te apetezca....esto ultimo me gustaria como el novas aetas....lo nuevo de los clanes y demas que meten me gusta
This is English speaking section of the forum so please post in English :wink:

Since the modding tools we have are "the first batch", are there intentions to develop a second batch of them? Presumably that address things other than graphics and level editing?
+1
I'm curious if we will be receiving some scripting support or tutorials? We have been struggling trying to mod the game and code that seems like it should work often crashes the game.

Back
Top Bottom