Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine II

Users who are viewing this thread

Simulation is getting there as in lords make armies roaming around peace time doing nothing, or starting wars when they shouldn't or starting wars without any reason other than "the game is like that" yeah this is a very rudimentary simulation game, the simulation happens in your mind

Sure bro. Whatever you say.

• Granting/Relinquishing Fiefs

Will there be the ability to create a new clan? By that I mean, if you are the kingdom ruler - assign a companion to create a new clan?

There are mods that do this, but It's not clear if it is just fiefs or an entire new clan.

Any chance that the below could be increased in priority? Without a feasible means to control your AI parties end game loses its luster.

• Player Clan Party AI directives

Thanks

My guess is that it pertains to functionality similar to https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/493 (Party AI Overhaul Commands) It gives you the ability to direct the actions of your AI Parties. For example, Patrol here, Defend Here, do not raid villages etc. Personally I think this type of functionality is paramount for end game. Having clan parties running all over the map with no direction is a bit silly.

My guess is that it pertains to functionality similar to https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/493 (Party AI Overhaul Commands) It gives you the ability to direct the actions of your AI Parties. For example, Patrol here, Defend Here, do not raid villages etc. Personally I think this type of functionality is paramount for end game. Having clan parties running all over the map with no direction is a bit silly.
At the very beginning I thought about it, but I was just confused by the word "directives". Now I think that yes, that means managing your vassals. I also hope that in addition to the commands for their vassals, there will also be management of their army, so read and understand what I mean: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...er-things-addition-to-nobility-titles.425253/

Will there be the ability to create a new clan? By that I mean, if you are the kingdom ruler - assign a companion to create a new clan?

There are mods that do this, but It's not clear if it is just fiefs or an entire new clan.

In my game, I have married my two brothers with a partner, I have given each one a castle, they have created their own clan (I have been able to choose the name and flag of their clans), and they are fully operational: they form parties (both they and their wives), they have children, they summon armies, they lay siege to castles, they take them, then there is an election to grant the new settlement to any other clan in the kingdom, etc., so I would say that they function as real clans and that all of that is already implemented in the base game (or should be easy to implement).

In my game, I have married my two brothers with a partner, I have given each one a castle, they have created their own clan (I have been able to choose the name and flag of their clans), and they are fully operational: they form parties (both they and their wives), they have children, they summon armies, they lay siege to castles, they take them, then there is an election to grant the new settlement to any other clan in the kingdom, etc., so I would say that they function as real clans and that all of that is already implemented in the base game (or should be easy to implement).

What is the advantage of having your family leave your clan and form their own?

Do you have a mod installed? Which mod?

More parties for armies.

It's more of a roleplay issue than anything else. You are struggling for many years, you have more fiefdoms than you can handle, in the end you have to donate some. Better to your family than to other nobles, with whom you don't even get along, right? At the end of the day they have been by your side all the time, and with the marriage and the donation of the fief your friendship with them rises a lot and I suppose it will be more difficult for them to betray you and go to another kingdom with your fiefdoms (as others have done to me). The only advantage is that they take charge of managing those fiefdoms and you don't worry about them, and if they get strong enough you have more trusted groups fighting for your kingdom, but in a slightly more independent way. And when your children are older you will also like to be able to marry them and form their own clan (except for the heir, of course, who is supposed to inherit your kingdom and you can play with him when you die).

Do you have a mod installed? Which mod?

I have several mods installed, but the one that mainly does that is LordsFromFamily (I think it's from Sue). I still play with version 1.5.0 of the game (I have the game very advanced and I want to see what it is before updating), but I think it is updated to higher versions.

It's more of a roleplay issue than anything else. You are struggling for many years, you have more fiefdoms than you can handle, in the end you have to donate some. Better to your family than to other nobles, with whom you don't even get along, right?

Why would I let them form their own clan? Doesn't make sense. I'd rather they stay in my clan and have their separate fiefs but the game doesn't support that.

Why would I let them form their own clan? Doesn't make sense. I'd rather they stay in my clan and have their separate fiefs but the game doesn't support that.

As the game is right now, your clan members (including teammates) cannot form their own groups or armies because that requires influence and spending. Nor do they manage or defend fiefdoms, nor can they have their own family (spouse, children). There comes a time in the game when you have more fiefdoms than you can manage, and you also need to get vassal lords to help you expand your kingdom. If you give family and fiefdom to your brothers (or your companions), they will become those vassals you need.

Well out of everything I feel most disturbed about the battles being too fast. Changing it sounds most prior to me. Various thoughts on how to do this, either by decreasing all weapons damage or/and by forcing all troops fight (oh, and they also run too fast) slower.

Would be happy to see that one on the list.

Well out of everything I feel most disturbed about the battles being too fast. Changing it sounds most prior to me. Various thoughts on how to do this, either by decreasing all weapons damage or/and by forcing all troops fight (oh, and they also run too fast) slower.

Weapon damage is probably pretty okay, I think instead, armor needs a good big buff. In real life, a good padded suit of double-linked mail could make you almost totally immune to arrows and sword cuts. But in Bannerlord it feels like even wearing top tier armor has little impact on survivability.

Agreed, I think a good solution would be reducing movement speed (at least for single-player):
-- Note: This would depend on the stats you have and the armor and weapons you carry (applies also for NPC's, and some to animals):
  • Having a bottom and top limit from which velocity can't be reduced or increased further - this would be to prevent slow motion and fast forward animations. To have some game balance you shouldn't be able to carry an item that would make you slower than the established limit.
  • Reducing movement velocity (max speed) for side and back movements, e.g.:
    • 5% reduction for back movement;
    • 10% reduction for side movement;
  • Reducing how fast you can change directions of movement & Having acceleration - considering inertia you should take a while before reaching max speed.
    • Inertia refers to the resistance that a body offers to change its state of rest or movement. It varies from body to body and depends on the mass of the bodies:
      • Bodies with high mass have greater inertia;
      • Small mass bodies have less inertia.
    • In practice if you click ("A" - "D", "A" - "D", "A" - "D" or "W", "S" your character would not wobble or shake around so much, and if you are running forward you take some (small) time to reduce your speed and stop).
  • Reducing speed if you are engaged in combat - again, depending on the equipment you carry and using, if you in defending stance or performing an attack, speed of movements should be lower and inertia should increase as well for this situations. E.g.:
    • Something like a further 5% reduction in speed, but it depends and requires some testing
This changes along with some more changes to the behavior of AI and increasing armor stats would have a great impact on the game, I'm sure of that.

I'd say beside practical impact on the battle speed, it really loses some aesthetics when infantry troops wiggling very fast like cockroaches on the field.

I tend to play Warband from time to time and the difference is quite noticable.
And.
Disturbing.

The reason battles are so fast is because IA fully commit to attack, both sides clash with full force and within minutes one side gets wiped out entirely, while the other loses half of the manpower. I've even seen an instance of Surgia vs Vlandia battle, where Surgians had significant advantege but lost miserably because of the stupidity of such tactic. They attacked defending vladians at spawn point, where Sturgian infantry got sandwitched by the respawning vandian force and a unit of crossbowmen.In the meantime sturgian bowmen got massacred by vlandian cav. And ongoing Sturgian reinforcements made an easy pick for both xbows and cav.

While battle tactics are way improved over Wrband, the situation described above still doesn't make any sense from tactical point of view. Real battle should open with skirmishes. Archers and light cav should be sent in advance, trying to open the enemy formation/weaken the force/ provoke attack etc. Light cav should go aganst light cav, winnig cav should charge enemy archers. Only after one side manages to route the enemy skirmishers, they should commit full-force to attack weakened enemy.

When I play I always try to use my cav as skirmishing force, luring enemies into ambushes etc before charging in. Battles payed this way can ctually last quite long and be somewhat interesting. But this is only possible when players army has an advantage, otherwise enemy just charges their army mindlessly anyways.

Back
Top Bottom